I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1 3 4 5 6 7 23
  1. bruceo says:

Katie,
    When you die, you will experience the exact same thing that you experienced for the billions (or, if you are a Creationist, the thousands) of years that passed before you first experienced consciousness (some years after your birth).
    The developed physical human brain is what creates the illusion of a “soul”. Our “souls” are, in fact, only our memories.
    When your physical brain stops its normal chemical functioning, your “soul” will go away. This can happen temporarily under anesthesia in the hospital and it will happen for forever when you die.
    This is the only life you will ever have. Please enjoy it and be nice to everyone else while you do.

2. zinc alloy says:

I don’t think Bobby’s given up hope on life. Have you seen His blog, Katie? He’s having a whole lotta fun.

Other than that at least you were meaning well and being nice. You sound as if you are quite young so hopefully you have time to explore other possibilities in life before placing all your chips on the god thing.

Maybe you’ll still end up taking the god route but it’d be a shame if a nice person like you didn’t at least have the good sense and manners to look at the alternatives seriously before tying your colours to the god myth.

Some of us simply have no choice in our beliefs. We don’t believe in god because the facts back this up. We see no point in pretending to believe in something that doesn’t exist. I don’t mean to be rude to you but I do hope one day you’ll wake up from your trance and embrace life for the unique and wonderful thing it is.

Enjoy life. It’s the only one you’ll get.

3. D Bauer says:

Katie–
    Alfredo, marinara, bolognese.
    I pray instead you’ll worship these.

4. Sean Boyd says:

Wow. I think she actually kind of gets the point of the site, even if she can’t circle the wagons back to how it reflects on Christian dogma. She must’ve graduated from Liberty with honors.

5. King Krowder says:

Well Hey Everybody,
    And Hi FSM!

As a leader of my own Religion, with around 50 followers in 4 countries, I love the way you have so quickly gained worship!
    I say go for your life Christians, write all the hate mail you want, proove him wrong!
    But you’re just adding to the hate in the world.
    He’s just seeing life through his own life, and his own views, and obviously you guys cannot handle personal choice. So I say go for your life Pastafarians! Make life much more enjoyable!
    I have just made FSM my background!
    Be sure to keep a lookout for my religion “Krowdism” in the next few years too!
    I’m working on it!

Much much bolognaise,
    King Krowder

6. DreddPyrateRoberts says:

Well since you are so well spoken, I could maybe… Umm, no.

7. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Katie, the way I see it, it’s the religious who “give up hope in life” by basing their whole existence on the promise of an AFTERlife. I figure this life is the only one I get, and that’s OK.

Look at it this way, if there IS a creator, what incentive does he have for toying with us on different planes of existence? Why would he want the same characters inhabit both earth and heaven? Oh, yeah! Because he loves us so much! That’s why we have disease, starvation, hurricanes, etc.

8. John says:

Wow.

That was completely different from every other hate-mail that I’ve ever read on this site. The grammar is good, and the meaning is clear. She accepts us, but will pray that one day we’ll turn to her religion. It’s actually kind of sweet.

Thank you Katie.