I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1. Eric says:

The arrogance of the religious never ceases to amaze me. Katie, do you know what will happen when you die? If so, how? I know you believe something will happen, but that does not make it so. Beliefs are not facts. Your beliefs about the afterlife hold no more truth then any of the other thousand beliefs about the afterlife. You should really ask yourself one day why is there no more evidence (and no, the bible is not evidence any more than the gospel of the FSM is) for your beliefs then there is for a satire about beer volcanoes and pirates. As far as praying for us, here is a simple comparison cart that shows how much good that will do vs actually getting off your ass and doing something real for the community:

2. Lazlow says:

“When you die, do you know what will happen?”

The world will go on without us in it. It really is that simple. You might think that you really are something very special, and to yourself and your family you just might be, but in the grand scheme of things you really are just an insignificant piece of carbon.

3. StJason says:

I think I be in love…

Katie, m’lass, why don’t ye give up th’ borin’ cracker-religion. Come join me, an’ we’ll sail th’ high seas, cutlass in one hand, pasta fork in t’other… It were meant t’be, Katie. Y’can’t be livin’ in some made-up fantasy religin’ f’ever…

4. Lasanga_Guru says:

Of course we know what happens when we die…beer volcano and stripper factory.

5. gummihu says:

That was different.

6. plumberbob says:

Katie,
    Please tell us what evidence you have that there is anything beyond the grave for a person who dies. Misquotations of old Hebrew literature are not allowed here as evidence. Reference to the Bible requires your demonstration of competence in Hebrew, History, Politics, and a knowledge of Archeology, so we can discuss who, when, and why certain people wrote and compiled the book.

Don’t waste your time praying for any of us; spend it learning the subjects listed above so you can competently discuss philosophy with us.

Remember that you believe whatever it is that you do believe in strictly because it is what your parents believe in.

RAmen

7. Josh Rrrr says:

So close….. Katie, you’ve almost claimed the distinction of composing one of the first error-free hate-mails.

The only problem, though–apart from your inability to just let people believe what they want–is a misspelled “truely”. To create an adverb, sometimes you have to do more than just add an “-ly”, and in the case of the word “true”, that involves dropping the “e”.

Better luck next time!

8. Revrend James, UCTAA says:

Katie,
    Do you know honestly what will happen when you die? Why do you pray? Is it to appease the ego of your “God” or is it because you want something from it? Perhaps, you need to take an honest look at what you believe in.