I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1. hotclaws says:

May the Sauce be with you.

2. BlackBard says:

Katie,
    I’ll pray for you. Really and truly.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person (who can spell most words, generally use proper punctuation and write a coherent sentence).

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give The Flying Spaghetti Monster another chance.

But I sincerely hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
    RAmen, BlackBard

3. Insightful Ape says:

Dear Katie,
    You are obviously a patronizing and condescending person. I hope one day you will give Allah another chance. I don’t know if you were so incredibly unlucky that you weren’t raised a Muslim or your life circumstances made you so miserable that you turned away from Allah. Either way, I hope you will get to know him, because without him life is empty and worthless. You know what happens when you die? Just ask the suicide bombers, they had(have) no doubt in their hearts about it. I won’t be praying for you at all, honestly and seriously.
    RAmen
    PS: How are we supposed not to give up hope if, according to you, hope only comes when you know gawd?

4. Shelldigger says:

Its this condescending sugar coated crap that pisses me off the most about so called x-tians.

…when we die, lights out, its over. Just like flipping the light switch on the wall. Best we can all hope for is to go quietly in our sleep.

…and what makes you think anyone who just doesnt happen to believe in fairy tales, wouldnt have “hope in life”? I have hope in everything, and sure as fuck dont need some imaginary friend to make me feel better, or to serve as some morality guidepost. So to sum up my feelings on this one…piss off!

5. OckhamsRazor says:

Dear Katie.

Join the ranks of the long list of people who have completely and utterly missed the point. Thanks for being pleasant about it at any rate.

RAmen

6. Raist says:

Actually we happen to know that when we die we will enjoy the magnificent beer volcano and terrific stripper factory :) Thanks for the concern though. I hope you enjoy that rather boring paradise you all blather on about constantly.

7. Aesi says:

Came expecting tears/hate/swearing.

Left disappointed.

8. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

Well, Katie,thanks for being so sweet and nice, but you’ll go in the books as another one who just doesn’t get it. Read the “about” page. Understand that your religion is no better than any other, and stop trying to impose your beliefs on the world. Everyone is different, and entitled to their own interpretation of and interaction with the world as they see it, so long as they do no harm to others. Please don’t bother praying for me, it will have no effect on anything.

RAmen