I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1 17 18 19 20 21 23
  1. pastafarian igo says:

i like katiei dont see why you would be mean to her is pastafarianism not all about peace i thought it was and maybee you are not true pastafarians i think it is verry nice of her to not have hatred for us and we believe in god just not yours much respect and good hopes for yee thank you

2. Remember that Pastafarianism offers a a 30 day “your old religion will probably take you back” guarantee. However, if you feel that the Church of FSM is neither violent nor hateful enough for you, then maybe you’ll find something more to your taste says:

@ 126 – Solomon – ,

Do you say the same thing to Hindus or Taoists, or Jews whose religions you also have no knowledge of? Perhaps this religion is more to your liking:

CHRISTIANITY: the belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie will give you eternal life if you drink his blood and eat his flesh and telepathically tell him he’s your master, all because some rib women was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.
    MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

Remember that Pastafarianism offers a a 30 day “your old religion will probably take you back” guarantee. However, if you feel that the Church of FSM is neither violent nor hateful enough for you, then maybe you’ll find something more to your taste here…

Godchecker – your Guide to the Gods

We have more Gods than you can shake a stick at. Godchecker’s Mythology Encyclopedia currently features over 2,850 deities.

Browse the pantheons of the world, explore ancient myths, and discover Gods of everything from Fertility to Fluff with the fully searchable Holy Database Of All Known Gods.

Hope this helps.

RAmen

3. plumberbob says:

@ 126 – Solomon – ,

My regrets for fouling up the name line. I don’t post anonymously.

Your delusions are not ours to defend, and you do not have the power to force everyone to stop laughing at you, as much as you’d like to be able to do that. And isn’t that what this is really about? That churches want to be able to punish you for disrespecting their sacred craziness?

RAmen

4. plumberbob says:

@ 126 – Solomon – ,

Do you also say that to Hindus, or Taoists, or Jews who’s religions you also have no knowledge of? Perhaps you are more at home with the following:

MAKES PERFECT SENSE!

You’ve come to our website, and you’ve obviously ignored the directive to read the Open Letter and the “About” tab material. You could have learned that our purpose is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of the public schools.

Godchecker – your Guide to the Gods

Hope this helps.

RAmen

5. Emma says:

I’ve got to admit, I wouldn’t even call this hate mail. This is perhaps one of the most Christian (in so much as I understand it) sentiments I’ve heard. Katie, of all the people who’ve dissaproved of my being a heretic, you’re my favorite. :)

6. harrison ford says:

Your comment made me think that perhaps not all people of other religions are complete hateful, uneducated idiots. Thanks for that. Now, just a couple of problems that I had with your ‘hate mail’ (though I will endeavor to call yours concerned criticism).
    You say: “I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.” Well, judging by your lack of mentioning a specific God, why is it not OK for Bobby to continue worshiping the FSM? This makes me think that you don’t consider the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to be a bon afide religion. This is fine, as long as you don’t mind me bursting into one of your churches and telling the priest that I hope he will convert to Pastafarianism. There’s very little difference.
    Thank you again for brightening up my world, but life has no meaning anyway so, live and let live.
    Peace
    P.S. I don’t belong to any religion, I just come here for the fun of seeing people telling me that they’re going to watch me burn in hell while they watch and laugh. Creepy much?
    “In the beginning the universe was created. This has made a lot of people angry and is generally considered a bad move.”
    -Douglas Adams

7. Alli says:

Why is it that when people disagree with your religion, they feel the need to say “i’ll pray for you?” because i can’t help but think “yeah, alotta good THAT’LL do.”

• Dante says:

I’ll pray for you to make the praying work, i promise.

• Saved by FSM says:

I gave God another chance today when I went for second helpings on an awesome pasta bolognese my wife made. I can feel FSM in my body as I type this. It is a feeling of peace, satisfaction….and garlic! I know I am loved.

• Andres Kievsky says:

I can’t help but think “While you are at it, can you pray me a nice new car, maybe a 4×4, red paint, V6 engine, 2011 model. Thanks!”

8. Arminda Warner says:

On 151 if you don’t think it will do any good,then what harm wil it do?
    So let whom ever wishes to pray for you ,do it. This country was founded on freedom of religion ,obviously or your religion wouldn’t exsist.If you don’t wwant to pray,that is your right.If other wish to ,that is thier right.So everyone should just let each be,adn P.S. I will bepraying as well.
    GOD BLESS

• Mird says:

You reallise that only applies to America. Not all Pastafarians are American.

1 17 18 19 20 21 23