I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1 16 17 18 19 20 23
  1. eggman says:

I really do think most of these hate mails are super funny to read.

But seriously guys, there’s no malicious intent here at all. This girl is simply expressing her own beliefs, isn’t that what the FSM guys here are trying to do?
    It’s fine to make fun of them if they flip shit at you about “Spaghetti was made in the 9th century blah blah blah…” but this girl seriously was not coming to “fuck shit up” so to speak. She just truly believes in God, no problem with that. We’ll each believe what we want, sound good? This one really shouldn’t have been posted, she sounds like a perfectly nice girl.
    Possibly the only agnostic here ;D

2. Markaroni says:

Prayer: How to do nothing and still feel like you’re helping.

Yes…I know, I’ve plagiarized this from the web but it is a rather pithy saying and appropriate for this particular letter.

3. CrudOMatic says:

God screens his calls. As for FSM, he has always filled me. I thank HIM with a loud fart and a bellowing belch.

4. Sarah says:

A scientific theory is NOT FACT. You can’t prove evolution is without a doubt true, only that it’s not false. The reason people generally believe it to be true is because it has never been proven false. Scientists gave evolution the theory label because it had undergone enough tests and had not been proven false, but that is not the same thing as being proven true. That’s impossible because it would require that the original hypothesis undergo every possible test to prove that it isn’t false.
    Anyway, I also wanted to add that I believe in God, but I also find this site humorous. I don’t think I have to agree with you completely to respect your right to believe whatever you want, just as I hope people respect my right. And I don’t think anyone who believes in God would be swayed by FSM because anyone who associates themselves with FSM (I’m assuming) know it is all about logic and religion is not. I consider myself an open-minded Catholic, who knows that my belief is just that–a belief, one of MANY. By the way, I believe in evolution and I don’t think that contradicts my personal belief in God.

5. Devin says:

Sarah,
    You clearly have down-pat what many people have yet to learn before they die.

In other news, there is no such thing as truth. There is only theory and current knowledge. There is no absolute truths. At any time, without any warning, the “truths” as you know them could change and the entire ball game could change. Why not? Nothing is impossible.

Cheers,
    Devin

6. Bazilisk says:

yay for someone who is not an asshole fuckin and bitchin around, with no clever arguments

why cant more people be nice like her :D

7. FSM lover says:

i would like to thank you Katie for your generosity and let you know that personally i would not mind going to Hell if i’m wrong, i did broke the rules and i have to take consequence for it. if you right that is.

8. FSM supporter says:

Thanks Katie for being so polite, complete thumbs up for not swearing.

This Friday i shall have an extra bowl of pasta in your name.
    R’Amen :)