I’ll pray for you.

Published June 27th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Bobby,
I’ll pray for you. Really and truely.

You are obviously a very intelligent and witty person.

I hope that you have an amazing life and are happy and proud of who you are.

I also hope that one day you might give God another chance.

I don’t know what happened that caused you to turn from Him, or if you never did believe.

But I sincerly hope that you will know Him.

When you die, do you know what will happen?

I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.

Just please never give up hope in life.

Thanks for reading.
Love, Katie

224 Responses to “I’ll pray for you.”

1 2 3 23
  1. Dan says:

Oh, I actually quite like Katie! The grammar is good, the sentiment is also non hostile.

I hope she also has “an amazing life” and is happy and proud of who she is. As long as she’s not gay or expects her prayers to be answered, it might be possible.

Katie, I hope you give reason another chance, that you reject superstition and the supernatural, that you embrase your one life, have lots of fun and leave a legacy of goodness to the living. Please don’t embrase the immoral morality of the bible.

• Franklin says:

First of all what is wrong with being gay? Second of all you sound a lot like the people who post hate mail what with the frequent misspellings and all.

• Mal says:

First of all, you’re responding to a comment that is over two years old.
        Second, the comment about being gay was directed towards Katie, who is obviously a Christian and would believe that homosexuality is a sin.
        Last, one spelling mistake (albeit twice) is hardly “frequent”.

It’s always a good idea to stick to current events and almost never a good idea to criticize people for trivial crap.

2. Belgian Girl says:

Why do they always say that ‘hope’ is only something for the believers? Like it is a privilege to have ‘hope’.

I have hope that maybe- just maybe in like say 75-100 years the word ‘religion’ is banned out of the dictionary.

3. PastaInOhio says:

I have to say, at least she was pleasant about it.

4. brian t says:

“When you die, do you know what will happen?”
    No. Do you? Really? I know you’ve been TOLD things, but if you think that’s good enough, you have much to learn.

“I’m sorry if this comes across as just another ‘conversion’ speech.”
    Whoops …

“Just please never give up hope in life.”
    Eh? Who says Bobby or any of us have given up “hope”? Do you think your religion is the only possible source of hope, just because you in believe it (and not in something else). I smell a circular argument here.

5. Hepius says:

What a nice letter. The nicest I’ve ever seen here.

Also, utterly ineffective. It gives no rational reason for change. I need to be convinced by a logical argument if I am going to convert to Christianity.

RAmen.

6. Captain Parrot says:

Don’t be such an intolerant person, Katie. Only about 1/3 of the world’s population are Christians. Are you saying that the other 2/3 (the majority) are all wrong? And what about all the extraterrestrial lifeforms out there? I’m pretty sure they all have different (if any) religions as well.

7. Ron says:

Polite, yet condescending; and still utterly missing the point. Honestly, do none of these people understand the difference between mocking some of God’s followers and hating or rejecting God and/ or any specific faith?

8. Pasta Fairy-Anne says:

And I’ll eat some noodles for *you*, Katie.

The effect of my act will be measurable: I will become on bowl of noodles heavier.

The effect of your act is only exhaled CO2 and imagination.

1 2 3 23