look what i found

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

originaldrawing.jpg

I found *the* original drawing. It was in a box in my car, where I keep all my most important things. The Smithsonian people should put this up somewhere, am I right? How do we make that happen, internet?

*Update* They don’t want it. Here’s what they said:

The Smithsonian Institution is always happy to consider unrestricted donations of art for its collections. However, the Institution accepts only those works of art that truly fill a gap in or complement the collections and then only after careful consideration by museum curators, administrators and directors. The Institution adds to its collections only a tiny percentage of what is offered and typically does not accept unsolicited artwork.

We suggest that you try to find someplace other than the Smithsonian to showcase your drawing and/or promote the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster message.

84 Responses to “look what i found”

1. Scott says:

If this were sold in a public auction, it would probably go for quite a lot, which could fund the divine cause, and would raise a lot of awareness…

2. Liony Goodness says:

I have two suggestions:

1. Have you tried the Creation Museum? It’s clearly the most realistic rendering of our creator. They should be thrilled to know that it’s available to finally answer their questions about life.

2. The Vatican may be interested. They own all the greatest works of art, across many religions. Granted, they would most likely want it in order to be able to store it away for all time, but then again it could be in the archives with some pretty amazing art and texts from ancient religions.

OK if these don’t work for you, there are lots of pirate museums, just google “pirate museum.” Search their treasures and if they have a worthy bit of FSM goodness in their collections, this could be a great addition!

3. Twiggs says:

Perhaps the Museum of Modern art?

4. Fares says:

1000 bucks and forget ebay!

5. Dominique says:

What do those smithsonion people know >:C Its THE first drawing ~

6. Bob/Paul says:

They’ll want it in 50 or 100 years. It needs to be saved and protected until then.

7. Wendel says:

I’ll start the bid at $100. I’m not kidding either. I’m in the process of purchasing a house and can think of no better work of art to christian my new home.

8. Ben says:

Well I dont know about you guys but I, and I suggest everyone to email the Smithsonian. Something along the lines of:

Dear Smithsonian, I am a tourist travelling around your fine country and have an interest in your museum. I have heard that you recently recieved the ORIGIONAL piece of art depicting Pastafarian creation from the prophet Bobby Henderson. Is this piece on display, and if not when will it be on display so that I may time my visit to see it.