look what i found

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

originaldrawing.jpg

I found *the* original drawing. It was in a box in my car, where I keep all my most important things. The Smithsonian people should put this up somewhere, am I right? How do we make that happen, internet?

*Update* They don’t want it. Here’s what they said:

The Smithsonian Institution is always happy to consider unrestricted donations of art for its collections. However, the Institution accepts only those works of art that truly fill a gap in or complement the collections and then only after careful consideration by museum curators, administrators and directors. The Institution adds to its collections only a tiny percentage of what is offered and typically does not accept unsolicited artwork.

We suggest that you try to find someplace other than the Smithsonian to showcase your drawing and/or promote the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster message.

84 Responses to “look what i found”

1. plumberbob says:

@ – bfd, #3,
    Please enter your complaint as a letter to the website, and I will be glad to hold a theological, historical, linguistic discussion with you on the appropriate hate mail thread. This thread is for the Pastafarian faithful to express their awe and reverence for FSM artifacts and sightings.

Your self reference, naming yourself by initials only, leads me to believe that you are really nothing but a Big F… Deal, and that yours was a typical Hit-and-Run, and we shall never hear from you again.

RAmen

2. Fiona says:

as a librarian, archivist and book/paper dealer I would like to suggest that you at least digitally scan it in a high quality image and upload it to the Internet Archive http://www.archive.org/index.php. I do work for a theological library (this is no joke) but I don’t think I could convince them to acquire it for our Rare Book collection

3. Cap'nUberBob says:

Give ‘em a couple hundred years, Bobby. They’ll be BEGGING for it then!

- Cap’nUberBob

4. captain pirate says:

AYE! Tis’ be a relic the FSM wanted us to av’ on the pirate ship church that sails the sev’n seas! This here relic needs to travle the world(by the sev’n seas of cousre)and show everyone that we pirates are true!

5. Andy says:

I’d like to buy this.

6. monkeysinacan says:

Hark! The most holiest of relics has been recovered from the depths of the prophet’s car!

7. Jeremy says:

This is blasphemous! We must organize and march on Washington to protest this abuse of our First Amendment rights!

Discrimination, I tell you, discrimination!

8. pockafwye says:

Imagine what you could get for it on ebay… What did Colbert get for the cast from his broken wrist, even after he let a bunch of people vandalize it?