look what i found

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

originaldrawing.jpg

I found *the* original drawing. It was in a box in my car, where I keep all my most important things. The Smithsonian people should put this up somewhere, am I right? How do we make that happen, internet?

*Update* They don’t want it. Here’s what they said:

The Smithsonian Institution is always happy to consider unrestricted donations of art for its collections. However, the Institution accepts only those works of art that truly fill a gap in or complement the collections and then only after careful consideration by museum curators, administrators and directors. The Institution adds to its collections only a tiny percentage of what is offered and typically does not accept unsolicited artwork.

We suggest that you try to find someplace other than the Smithsonian to showcase your drawing and/or promote the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster message.

84 Responses to “look what i found”

1. Joe in St Louis says:

Hey before this post gets to be 400 hundred responses long I want to say that the Flying Spaghetti Monster was prepared with garlic and onions that had been sauteed in olive oil until they had become slightly opaque and meatballs with freshly minces parsley that had been browned on the outside in an iron skillet, (not in the oven), and slow cooked over a low even heat for at least 4 hours.

I do not pretend to know if the FSM was self-prepared or not.

2. Bud says:

By his noodly appendage! The document should indeed be preserved, but I’m not sure I trust Mister Smithson. Please keep it safe o prophet al dente, perhaps in a box … in a .. . car ?

3. nickbb9 says:

Wow, I’m sorry I’m just totally speechless this is amazing! Go Noodliness!

RAmen,

Pastafarian Nick

4. Ending says:

definitely submit it.
    or sell it on ebay.

5. Madden says:

Get this framed, for protection if nothing else. Anon- Don’t auction it this is the most important religious discovery since the finding of the dead sea scrolls; its value to the church is far greater than any sum of money Bobby might get for it.

6. Heretic says:

A HOLY RELIC!!! This should be preserved as the Constitution is :D

Heretic

7. Franko says:

Hey! I’ve got a t-shirt with that on it! It’s yet another miraculous manifestation!

8. noodilified jesus says:

oh, my, flying spaghetti monster.
    this should be framed with diamonds.