look what i found

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

originaldrawing.jpg

I found *the* original drawing. It was in a box in my car, where I keep all my most important things. The Smithsonian people should put this up somewhere, am I right? How do we make that happen, internet?

*Update* They don’t want it. Here’s what they said:

The Smithsonian Institution is always happy to consider unrestricted donations of art for its collections. However, the Institution accepts only those works of art that truly fill a gap in or complement the collections and then only after careful consideration by museum curators, administrators and directors. The Institution adds to its collections only a tiny percentage of what is offered and typically does not accept unsolicited artwork.

We suggest that you try to find someplace other than the Smithsonian to showcase your drawing and/or promote the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster message.

84 Responses to “look what i found”

1. Vicki says:

Oh My FSM Bobby, thats awesome! =)

I sure hope the Smithsonian will take it some day.

2. Alice says:

That is beautiful. Not how it is perfectly conserved – no yellowing, not creases – after all these years. Obviously He has been keeping a close eye on it.

This is too good for the Smithsonian. We should build a house of worship just for it.

3. Alice says:

That is beautiful. Note how it is perfectly conserved – no yellowing, no creases – after all these years. Obviously He has been keeping a close eye on it.

4. Special-Spaghetti says:

make a petition send out a form to everyone and tell them to sign it then send it back and collect them all up and send them to the smithsonian

5. lotsoflemon says:

The original drawing and revelation! Hail, with three noodly RAmens!

6. RinzeWind says:

What about just donating it?

7. someguy says:

1. frame it
    2. send it
    3. ????
    4. profit!

8. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

Make laminated wallet-size copies. I’ll take one.

RAmen