look what i found

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

originaldrawing.jpg

I found *the* original drawing. It was in a box in my car, where I keep all my most important things. The Smithsonian people should put this up somewhere, am I right? How do we make that happen, internet?

*Update* They don’t want it. Here’s what they said:

The Smithsonian Institution is always happy to consider unrestricted donations of art for its collections. However, the Institution accepts only those works of art that truly fill a gap in or complement the collections and then only after careful consideration by museum curators, administrators and directors. The Institution adds to its collections only a tiny percentage of what is offered and typically does not accept unsolicited artwork.

We suggest that you try to find someplace other than the Smithsonian to showcase your drawing and/or promote the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster message.

84 Responses to “look what i found”

1. Paul says:

I think all the believers should gather around this museum with all the FSM-prooving items…

2. Potatoeman says:

This celestial work has obviously been touched by his noodly appendage, therefore, it shows no signs of decay whatsoever. As you all know, he can alter anything in the universe at will.ç
    RAmen
    Potatoeman

3. Poisoned Peach says:

Screw Smithsonian! Make a FSM museum/church! That is what HE is trying to tell you. You know what else the Smithsonian does not have a lot of? Pirate artifacts. Coincidence? I think not.

4. Wailler says:

HEY!
    I WANNA BUY IT!!!
    HOW MUCH?
    TELL ME!

5. Wailler says:

In fact you can sell me any FSM draw if you draw it.
    contact me

6. Fluffy says:

Whaddya mean they don’t want it? It’s nothing less than THE original depiction of His Noodliness!

Museum of Modern Art might take it, tho.

7. Keith says:

Pompous gits! They probably don’t want it because it isn’t in colour.

8. atv tires says:

I fully support all efforts to conserve, reuse and recycle – and it should be something that the whole nation should be doing – NOW!