How can you know God is a FSM

Published April 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

How can you know that God is a F.S.M. if he is invisible? If he is invisible how can you see him?

What is said on this website, in your books and amongst yourselves doesn’t change what the Bible and the real word of God says. Gods word is like gravity, just because people don’t believe in it doesn’t mean it’s not true and doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to jumping off of a cliff. Someone can easily say “I don’t believe in gravity because I can’t see it, etc..because it’s an old belief….” but that doesn’t change the fact that it is there. This is like Gods laws for all of humanity.

Have any of you ever seen your own brain? Does that mean that it isn’t there? Have any of you ever seen your heart? Does that mean that it isn’t inside your body still beating? Have any of you ever seen your soul? Does that meen that it isn’t there?

The fact is that we do have souls and I heard it put this way “If God did not exist than man would create one” and this is what has been done with the F.S.M. group. You have created a God and the Bible calls this idol worship. Often times groups in the Bible would create an idol to worship because they couldn’t see or hear or touch God.

God’s fingerprints are on all of creation and more and more scientists and peole are recognizing this alike. Antony Flew, one of the worlds most famous atheists has recently said that there is a God and one who is intelligent. The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster.

On another note, God’s word was written because He loves us and showed his unending love for us through his son Jesus Christs death on the cross and ultimatley, His resurrection from the grave. Romans 10:9 says that “If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone (John 14:6).

I would recommend that anyone who is a follower of this group to read not only the Bible but a series of books from a former atheist called “The Case for Christ” and “the Case for Creator” and from there you can draw your own conclusions. If you are truly seeking for answers in life than I would encourage all of you to search for those answers and don’t just give up by creating your own religion/idol.

Romans 3:23 says that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”. That means you, me and everyone else in the entire world.

Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves. That savior is Jesus Christ. Every other religion in the world is saved through works and Christianity is the only one where we are saved by our faith alone. Once a person proclaims that Jeesus is Lord it is up to that person to live his/her life for Him.

I hope that this has been some help to all of you.

-CD

471 Responses to “How can you know God is a FSM”

1. Zachariah says:

I got about hal… okay, I got about a paragraph through this before I stopped. I just couldn’t read anymore. The entire basis of this guys argument is the very basis of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It’s what made Him such an effective satire when he did lower his noodley appendage, and inspire one of my fellow Oregonians. Even though OSU sucks… I’ll overlook location rivalries at this time, and be proud that an Oregon graduate, be it from State or University of, could be chosen to spread the word of He Who’s Form is Pasta. However I draw away from the point of this comment. The point is, this is the problem with most organized religions of the world (Pastafarianism excluded of course.) They argue a point in a way that the other party could use just as easily argue their own point. If ever the original writer of this ‘Hate-Mail’ comes across this comment, read the below. I have taken the liberty of replacing “God” with “FSM” and added in only a few words. Words I have changed or added will be in capital letters.

“What is said on ANY OTHER website, in your books and amongst yourselves doesn’t change what the GOSPEL OF THE FSM and the real word of THE FSM says. FSMs word is like gravity, just because people don’t believe in it doesn’t mean it’s not true and doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to jumping off of a cliff. Someone can easily say “I don’t believe in gravity because I can’t see it, etc..because it’s an old belief….” but that doesn’t change the fact that it is there. This is like FSMs laws for all of humanity.”

Do you see how easily the argument is switched around, the nulling it? You have done nothing to effectively argue your point in that segment. Also, may I add that you also failed to capture my attention (meaning your writing was weak.) I do hope His noodely appendages guide you to this comment, and you are inspired to better your ability to argue a point.

“Eat of my meatballs, for it is my flesh. And slurp of my sauce, for it is my blood.”

2. Ritchi says:

How can you know your god ISN’T a flying spaghetti monster? maybe everything you wrote is just pissing him off.

3. Ian Botha says:

It’s quite un-natural and non-realistic.

• Atsap Revol says:

Yes, of course, I’ll take realistic and natural things like a talking snake and a sky daddy that watches over us all.

4. Brad Sherwood says:

so, this guy just contradicted himself by saying that fsm doesn’t exist because his Noodliness can’t be seen, and then said that god’s law is like gravity, just because it can’t be seen doesn’t mean that it does not exist. And the fact that he believes that evolution is disproved by science makes me wonder…did he go to school in Kansas?

• Keith says:

He did, but it was taken away by a tornado and he ended up in OZ. He now lives happily in a fantasyland with the rest of the munchkins.

5. Ereshkigal says:

I feel in the mood to leave Danielle a few comments :)

-It says nothing about raping and if it does, it says NOT to do it!

I can give you full account of all the passages that you are ignoring, but some comments already have them, so I will only add that it seems that you are 1 – lying about your knowledge of the bible and saying just things that you are just reading, or 2 – you are just lying about the content of the bible, in which case you are guilt of heresy.

- This might have been in the Bible, but it was for good reason, why do we have murderers exicuted? and it was also in the Old testament which does not really apply to the new church.

then you are saying that you can choose which parts of the bible fits more than others, you are just so full of yourself, like all other fanatics here, arrogant girl, who are you to even think you can know the difference between good and evil?, are you god?, how can you possibly be so arrogant to think that you can choose who is right and who is wrong in your own bible?, everything is the word of god, your sentences are just heresy according to church:
    “A woman either loves or hates;
    there is no third grade. And the tears of woman are a deception, for they may spring from true
    grief, or they may be a snare. When a woman thinks alone, she thinks evil.”
    and the Malleus:
    “lest perchance we
    die. Thereby she showed that she doubted, and had little in the word of God. And all this is
    indicated by the etymology of the word; for Femina comes from Fe and Minus, since she is ever
    weaker to hold and preserve the faith. And this as regards faith is of her very nature”
    also, you are the source of the damnation of man:
    “Apocalypse vi, 8, His name was Death. For though the devil tempted Eve to sin, yet Eve
    seduced Adam. And as the sin of Eve would not have brought death to our soul and body unless
    the sin had afterwards passed on to Adam, to which he was tempted by Eve, not by the devil,
    therefore she is more bitter than death.”
    and by these and other sentences you are a witch, according to your own bulls and church, and you can not denied this:
    “Whether the belief that there are such beings as witches is so essential a part of the Catholic
    faith that obstinately to maintain the opposite opinion manifestly savours of heresy”

also, you are saying that the old testament does not fit in the modern church, and that is also an heretical statment, University of Paris, Holy Faculty of Theology, 1431:
    “Regarding article the twelfth, the said woman is schismatic, erroneous in her opinions of the unity and authority of the Church, apostate: and still obstinately persists in her deviation from the faith”
    the same thing that they told to Joanne of Arc, when she stated almost the same.

and because of this, we find Daniella, that you have perniciously erred in the faith of God, and you are a child of supersition, a wanderer from the faith, an invoker of demons, an idolater, and a HERETIC.

-Yes God dwells in darkness and light, He dwells everywhere!
    God is so big, we cant even begin to comprehend His way of thinking, His reasoning, some of it seems a little strange to our human minds, but when we, get to heaven it will all become clear. :) I cat wait for that day.

sorry girl, no heaven for you, I already show you that you are a witch, and a heretic.

AND:
    your celestial friend can not exist, because the sole existance of such a creature is a flagrant violation of every natural law:
    your friend is omnipotent, so he can reverse entropy, and that is a violation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics, a basic law of nature.
    your friend can give account of every position and velocity of any particle at any time, and that is a violation of Heisenberg Principle, another basic law of nature.
    your imaginary friend can give account of every number in the universe, and that is a violation of the Cantor´s Problem, another problem in nature
    your imaginary friend can travel faster than light, and that is a violation of Einstein Relativity, another basic law of nature
    your imaginary friend can be in any space at any time, and that is a violation of Pauli´s Principle, another basic law of nature.

I will give now your fool answer: “but god is god so he can do anything because he created those laws!!!”, the most silly, simplistic, ignorant, and fanatic answer that I have read, if you invented a game, and invented those rules, you have to follow the game, no matter you have created it, if you don´t follow the rules, you will destroy the game itself, and that makes you not-omnipotent, if you break the laws of chess and start playing as you like, then is no more chess, and that convert you in a wicked person, because you can´t be honest with yourself, if god can not break the laws, he is not omnipotent, and if he breaks it, he is evil, you can not refute that basic logic, without making more complexes and foolish statments, and very easy to break.

-can god create a rock so large, he can’t move it?
    -No he cant, because, God is God, He can do anything.

what an illogic answer. he can´t, so he is not omnipotent, omnipotent means (can do anything), if he can´t then he isn´t, and if he can, then he is also not omnipotent, because he can´t lift it, you see, creating an omnipotent being is a foolish statment, because you reach end alleys, logic can destroy your god, because omnipotent is a word that is described in mythology, never possible in reality, because you will distort the universe and the basic logic, and another one:

if god create you, why are you imperfect?
    I will answer for you: “because he wants it to be in that way”
    another fool answer, even we humans know that a construction needs to be the more perfect possible, no architect of programmer do a building or program imperfect on purpose, because they will be useless for their purposes, every thing that humans do is imperfect, because from an imperfect being only can raise imperfect creations, and if humans are imperfect and god created us, he is imperfect too, no person with few common sense can believe you saying that imperfect things are created on purpose, and if he is perfect, then he is evil, because he delights seeing his creations falling every time, like a madman creating a robot without legs or head, enjoying the creation falling and destroying itself.

and that´s all, ah and don´t worry, is not a big deal being a witch, hell is like Io and Satan does not exist, so perhaps you will enjoy hell more than heaven

then again, hell does not exist

RAMEN!

• Xerxes says:

While I agree with you, a neutrino particle recently went slightly faster than light… Is his Noodlyness slipping a bit? Was he hung over?
      RAMEN

• Keith says:

Well, while we are on the subject of faster than light particles, whatever happened to tachyons? Has their novelty worn off or has someone “proven” their existence or non existence and gone on to something more controversial?

6. Lakeesha Spirko says:

It is my great pleasure to visit your website and to enjoy your excellent post here. I like that very much. I can feel that you paid much attention for those articles, as all of them make sense and are very useful. Thanks so much for sharing. I can be very good reader&listener discount cheap jordan shoes , if you are same searching for all to be good. Appreciate for your time!

7. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

Not sure about your article. It seems to be ok, but something is missing

8. Dallas Matkowsky says:

Sources just like the one you mentioned here will probably be very helpful to me! I will publish a hyperlink to this web page on my blog. I’m sure my visitors will discover that very useful.