How can you know God is a FSM

Published April 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

How can you know that God is a F.S.M. if he is invisible? If he is invisible how can you see him?

What is said on this website, in your books and amongst yourselves doesn’t change what the Bible and the real word of God says. Gods word is like gravity, just because people don’t believe in it doesn’t mean it’s not true and doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to jumping off of a cliff. Someone can easily say “I don’t believe in gravity because I can’t see it, etc..because it’s an old belief….” but that doesn’t change the fact that it is there. This is like Gods laws for all of humanity.

Have any of you ever seen your own brain? Does that mean that it isn’t there? Have any of you ever seen your heart? Does that mean that it isn’t inside your body still beating? Have any of you ever seen your soul? Does that meen that it isn’t there?

The fact is that we do have souls and I heard it put this way “If God did not exist than man would create one” and this is what has been done with the F.S.M. group. You have created a God and the Bible calls this idol worship. Often times groups in the Bible would create an idol to worship because they couldn’t see or hear or touch God.

God’s fingerprints are on all of creation and more and more scientists and peole are recognizing this alike. Antony Flew, one of the worlds most famous atheists has recently said that there is a God and one who is intelligent. The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster.

On another note, God’s word was written because He loves us and showed his unending love for us through his son Jesus Christs death on the cross and ultimatley, His resurrection from the grave. Romans 10:9 says that “If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone (John 14:6).

I would recommend that anyone who is a follower of this group to read not only the Bible but a series of books from a former atheist called “The Case for Christ” and “the Case for Creator” and from there you can draw your own conclusions. If you are truly seeking for answers in life than I would encourage all of you to search for those answers and don’t just give up by creating your own religion/idol.

Romans 3:23 says that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”. That means you, me and everyone else in the entire world.

Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves. That savior is Jesus Christ. Every other religion in the world is saved through works and Christianity is the only one where we are saved by our faith alone. Once a person proclaims that Jeesus is Lord it is up to that person to live his/her life for Him.

I hope that this has been some help to all of you.

-CD

471 Responses to “How can you know God is a FSM”

1 52 53 54 55 56 58
  1. Erica says:

My Dearest Danielle,

You have not given us a singular reason why the FSM isn’t a legitimate god. Perhaps we find comfort in portraying god as a Holy Pile of Noodles and sauce.

I find it odd that you are so disrespectful of our religion, when you sincerely and honestly command and (if I may be so bold) demand respect for your religion above all else. Naturally, you are asserting that your Bible and your religion are immune to criticism. This is complete and utter bunk, because it is impossible for you to say that you have come to deserve this sort of respect. You have done nothing to deserve respect for your religion, and in fact the Bible, were it not considered a holy book, would not be allowed on the coffee tables of the most liberal of Americans.

If you are not ashamed of your Bible then you have not read it. I frequently find that agnostics and atheists are frequently much more knowledgeable about the Bible and all of its bits, unpleasant, pleasant and so forth.

If you live by the Bible, as you say you do (pointing out passages and whatnot), then indeed you would condemn rape victims for being raped, and force them to marry their rapists. You would agree that children who disobey their parents should be stoned to death. You would agree that if you encountered someone who disobeyed your god or denounced him in front of you, you would have to kill him if he neglected to convert.

And, above all, if you did not do the preceding actions when encountering these situations, then you would indeed go straight to hell.

I do urge you to look these things up and to read the Bible, even just to discount that. If you argue that those passages are not in the Bible then you have not read it cover to cover. In fact you likely haven’t even read Genesis, which contradicts itself nearly twenty times (and that’s just one book).

The real truth is that most Christians never actually read the Bible (and I mean the whole thing). You may study the Bible, read from it at church, in sunday school, or what have you, but the likelihood is that you haven’t read it at all and you choose which passages assuage your feelings of guilt and help you feel better about believing in an invisible, man-made god, whose ‘parts’ don’t exist, especially his undead son.

2. Logan says:

Thanks for arguing for us in those first few paragraphs.

3. Drained and Washed Clean says:

422 – Danielle Nikole – Feb 5th, 2010

how the hell are you NOT ashamedofyour bible, one that tells you to kill/rape people who don’t agree with you (Deuteronomy 20:10-14),
    -It says nothing about raping and if it does, it says NOT to do it!
    ****Uh, no. You are incorrect in that statement. Did you actually read the verses you were given? No. Here is another one:
    “Behold, here is my daughter a maiden, and his concubine; them I will bring out now, and humble ye them, and do with them what seemeth good unto you: but unto this man do not so vile a thing. But the men would not hearken to him: so the man took his concubine, and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning: and when the day began to spring, they let her go.” (Judges 19:24-25) -This father would be advocating the rape of his daughters by a mob instead of strangers.

You should also perhaps try reading Judges 21:10-24, Numbers 31:7-18. Even better! In Deuteronomy 22:28-29 if a man is caught raping a woman he then has to pay money or marry her. Who would make someone marry their rapist. That is just sick.

or tells you to stone disobedient children (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).
    - This might have been in the Bible, but it was for good reason, why do we have murderers exicuted? and it was also in the Old testament which does not really apply to the new church.
    ***** HOW could you in your right mind justify there being the stoning of children in the bible? Simple answer, you are not in your right mind. You do not get to pick and choose what parts of the bible to follow. All or nothing dear. The OT wouldn’t be there unless it was relevant, and it does apply to the “new” church because I bet you if I told you to argue homosexuality then you would go straight to Leviticus.

You, dear, are brainwashed.

4. Mr. Nobody says:

Wait wait wait.
    Who the hell doesn’t believe in gravity?

5. Pebble says:

Nicole,

I must say, I have to give you props. You stood up for your religion, gave examples from the text, and argued us when we opposed your reasons. But I have to admit, I find flaw in your examples. They are not all that well thought through, and (as much as I hate to admit it, for I don’t like having to do this) I’m going to prove you’re “almighty Christianity is always right” theory wrong. Now, I have nothing against most Christians, Catholics, and others (I have many friends who believe in God), but this is just rude. We did not come to your church page and insult your religion, now did we? No, you came here on your own free will, and began insulting our religion. Now, my parents are Piscapalians (God believers), and I have had to hide my belief for a while now. (I had been a hidden Atheist for about a year, after discovering all of the “fun” things that Christians used to do, and realizing there is no proof that God is an actually good being out there.) “Poor me,” you must be thinking, but if you do, you are a sad, sad, person. You have brought this upon yourself, and have no room for self pity. Please, continue reading, my dearest Nicole, but keep in mind, I really hadn’t wanted to do this to you.

1. You have given no real examples that God is real. Yes, you have said that He doesn’t live on Earth, and so we cannot see him. Yes, I know, just because we cannot see it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist. Bacteria is there, and we cannot see it. Just as you might think of your God. But, I must say, that is a poor reason. Bacteria cannot be seen by the naked human eye, but, it can have its impact on things. Bacteria can get you sick, but what does your God do? Better yet (since I know you shall bring up the “he helps people find guidence, heals people, forgives them for not believing”, yada yada) how do we KNOW for a FACT he does what he does? How do you know that it’s not just a ranodm quirk of fate that these events, so happened by God, really are done by him? Where do you get evidence for that?

2. How, by chance, can you prove that your God is not actually his Holy Noodleness? Where, in your little book of cult reasonings for their doings, does it state that anyone had ever actually seen what he looked like? Where does it state that he could not be a Flying Spagetti Monster? Please, tell me. All of you Christians (and other people who follow religions believing in God) are blindly looking up to a God, whom you always claim that he is a (pardon the term) white man, but how do you know this for sure? Can you prove, with actual evidence (not just saying “I read about encounters with angels” and crap) that he is not actually his Holy Noodleness? No, you cannot. For none of you have actually seen him.

3. What religion has you fear their god? Just, so you can have a pefect life after death. If you are not trembling in your up-tight panties, then you are eternally punnished to an extreamly hot climate in the middle of the Earth, forever? Not only that, but humans are the only ones worthy of having an amazing life afterwards (if they have earned it by their “humbleness”). All animals are doomed to a damned life in hell, aren’t they? (I must confess, this was probably the only part in Church where I ignored when looking for evidence of God not existing.) Even, if they are the gentlest of all creatures, the kindest of all souls, they are to be tortured for all of eternity. Where is the sanity in that? Everyone is always going on and on about animal abuse (which I am against as well, mind you) but, whenever they do die, they are tortured forever more. Where’s the sense in that? (And donot go and say that “You’ll end up down there too!”) And, please, Nicole, before you go on with soul crap, your religion states that animals have no souls, for they are not worthy. Only humans are, correct? Well, think about this. How are we more important that other animals? (Yes, humans are animals. We are mamals, aren’t we not? So we are animals. Case closed.) Because we are the dominant species? Well, we are killing our planet being dominant, and killing the other species along with us. Think of the poor polar bears, and how much pestacides we put into the air. The ice they live on is melting, and they die quicker. A terrible life, leading to a much more terrible afterlife, thats how you’d like to believe it, isn’t it? How is that not abusing the animals, even if it isn’t direct?

4. Why is it that all of you God believers think you are always right? If we do not follow your God, rather, follow a Flying Spagetti Monster, then we are officially shunned from you, and/or made fun of. You have no proof his Noodleness doesn’t exist. (No, I’m not talking about how he could be your God, so don’t even try a come-back,saying number 4 was the same thing repeated.) We are officially insane, crazy, right? Because God is the only possible creator. Any other religion is wrong, correct? So please, tell me, how is you believing in a mystical being up in the sky, whom no one ever sees nor hears from (that has actual PROOF that they did, don’t even try to say that people have heard from him! For all you know, Nicole, they could be lying) is any different from a Flying Spagetti Monster? I am quite ashamed for you, Nicole.

Tsk, tsk, Nicole, I’m afraid I shouldn’t go any further with my reasons, for I do not want to shame you too much. (I know this sounds kind of cocky. But please, could you really expect a 6th grader to change their own religion in Fourth grade, to first an Atheist, now a Pastafarian? No, I did not change into a Pastafarian because I thought it was “funny”. Many people have told me I need to loosen up, for I am too serious for my age, or to get a grip, there is no FSM.) Please think this over, I’d love to hear your reply. And, again, I hate having to do this. :^/

Yours Truely,
    Lauren.

PS. Do not go and say “What kind of a name is Pebble?” It’s my nickname, and I would prefer not to give out my real name. but, if it would bug you so, I have changed “Yours Truely, Pebble.” to “Yours Truely, Lauren.” (That’s my first name.)

6. Pebble says:

((Poor me meaning yourself, not I))

7. Jonny Neutron says:

One of the funniest mails I’ve read on this site so far. . .

It really made me chuckle :)

8. ryan says:

while you are quoting the bible don’t forget the parts where it says its ok to sell your daughters into slavery, stone your children for being insolent, and kill people for being homosexuals.

1 52 53 54 55 56 58