How can you know God is a FSM

Published April 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

How can you know that God is a F.S.M. if he is invisible? If he is invisible how can you see him?

What is said on this website, in your books and amongst yourselves doesn’t change what the Bible and the real word of God says. Gods word is like gravity, just because people don’t believe in it doesn’t mean it’s not true and doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to jumping off of a cliff. Someone can easily say “I don’t believe in gravity because I can’t see it, etc..because it’s an old belief….” but that doesn’t change the fact that it is there. This is like Gods laws for all of humanity.

Have any of you ever seen your own brain? Does that mean that it isn’t there? Have any of you ever seen your heart? Does that mean that it isn’t inside your body still beating? Have any of you ever seen your soul? Does that meen that it isn’t there?

The fact is that we do have souls and I heard it put this way “If God did not exist than man would create one” and this is what has been done with the F.S.M. group. You have created a God and the Bible calls this idol worship. Often times groups in the Bible would create an idol to worship because they couldn’t see or hear or touch God.

God’s fingerprints are on all of creation and more and more scientists and peole are recognizing this alike. Antony Flew, one of the worlds most famous atheists has recently said that there is a God and one who is intelligent. The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster.

On another note, God’s word was written because He loves us and showed his unending love for us through his son Jesus Christs death on the cross and ultimatley, His resurrection from the grave. Romans 10:9 says that “If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone (John 14:6).

I would recommend that anyone who is a follower of this group to read not only the Bible but a series of books from a former atheist called “The Case for Christ” and “the Case for Creator” and from there you can draw your own conclusions. If you are truly seeking for answers in life than I would encourage all of you to search for those answers and don’t just give up by creating your own religion/idol.

Romans 3:23 says that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”. That means you, me and everyone else in the entire world.

Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves. That savior is Jesus Christ. Every other religion in the world is saved through works and Christianity is the only one where we are saved by our faith alone. Once a person proclaims that Jeesus is Lord it is up to that person to live his/her life for Him.

I hope that this has been some help to all of you.

-CD

471 Responses to “How can you know God is a FSM”

1 50 51 52 53 54 58
  1. Danielle says:

While I agree with everything CD has said, I would also like to point out that Christianity is NOT a religion, it’s a relationship with the one REAL true God. And God is not invisible, He is just not on the Earth, and also, He has revealed Angels to many many people, and I personally have felt His presence, and heard His voice (not audibly, but it was there). To that one guy who said he read the Bible and thats why he’s an aitheist, you must’ve read the wrong parts, the Bible is like any other book, you have to start from the begining to understand all of it. Even then, a lot of it is hard for our human minds to understand. There is a book called “Azuzu Street”, I believe, it tells of REAL physical encounters with God. CD used a lot of good metophors, and I realize that a lot of them were really clique`, but you know what, I think that the people who notice those are just looking for them. They don’t want to hear what the writer really has to say, they’re just looking for a reason to ridicule him and make up some mumbo jumbo about the FSM, )which is compleately bogus by the way, I mean if God is an FSM, why do we eat Spagetti? That would be sacreligious wouldn’t it? but He’s not). Anyway, if you’re reading this and disagree with me, go find a Bible, and read the books of John and Romans. and the rest of it if you care. I am a Jesus-Freak, and I’m not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ (Romans 1:16) Thats all I have to say.
    ~ Danielle Nikole Linn

2. Drained and Washed Clean says:

409 – Danielle – Dec 17th, 2009

While I agree with everything CD has said
    – Then you have proven how unintelligent you are

I would also like to point out that Christianity is NOT a religion,
    – Yes it is. The definition of religion is: “a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.”

it’s a relationship with the one REAL true God.
    – Proof of his existence? Got any to offer?

And God is not invisible,
    – Has anyone ever seen him?

He is just not on the Earth,
    – Then where is he? Outer space?

and also, He has revealed Angels to many many people,
    – Oh, that is your proof. Because other people said so. Not buying it.

and I personally have felt His presence,
    – Uhh… Kay. But how do you know it wasn’t His Noodly Appendages?

and heard His voice (not audibly, but it was there).
    – Hun, if you are hearing voices, you seriously need to go see a psychiatrist. That is not normal and could be a sign of the onset of schizophrenia.

– Wait, wait, wait. The wrong parts? So you get to pick and chose which parts you want to believe and those you don’t? It is ALL the word of god. You are so intelligent that you know better than what your god wrote?

– I have started from the beginning and understood all of it. I understand that god has ordered exterminations of entire cities, the rape of women, the murder of children, the enslavement of people, and the stealing of property. I don’t find that hard to understand. I find that to be monstrous
    – There is no proof of these encounters other that people saying that they happened. That is not documented evidence, so we do not accept it. If you would like a good book to read, The God Delusion is a great place to start.

– What? So you were looking for them? I don’t even understand… Next.

They don’t want to hear what the writer really has to say,
    – Correct, because he is preaching at us, and we don’t like it. You all assume that you are correct. Out of over 5,000 gods that have ever been dreamed up you have the right one? Slime odds darling.

they’re just looking for a reason to ridicule him
    – No, he did a really good job of giving us things to ridicule him about. Grammar for one. Logic for another.

– Prove it.

– Well, you eat the body of Christ and drink his blood every time you take communion. But, that is completely acceptable? Pot calling kettle.

but He’s not).
    – Prove it.

– “After this he went down to Capernaum, he, and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples: and they continued there not many days.” (John 2:12) – Jesus had blood brothers.
    “If my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence. ” – Jesus’s servants would fight for him if his kingdom were here on earth? What about all that peace and love? I am too tired to continue to the book of Romans.

and the rest of it if you care.
    – I have. Contradictions, violence, hatred of women, incest… No thank you.

I am a Jesus-Freak, and I’m not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ
    – Congratulaions. I am an atheist and proud I have nothing to do with your religion.

(Romans 1:16)
    – Spouting random verses from a book of fairy tales does not prove anything. I can quote you from The Lion and the Mouse.

Thats all I have to say.
    – Thank the FSM. I am tired of your dribble.

~ Danielle Nikole Linn
    – A gullible girl who has n o idea how to think for herself.

3. Ron says:

Oh. I don’t like saying it, but I really, really hope Danielle is a troll.

4. plumberbob says:

@ 409 – Danielle -,

I concur with all that Drained and Washed Clean, – 410 – , has just told you, and I think that you should absorb this:
    Carefully read the comments of Southern Ptarmigan (tenth down in the comments section) who has this question fully in perspective. S/He is a well educated evangelical Christian:

Remember that you believe whatever it is that you do believe because it’s what your parents or priest believe:

My note to CD in -406-has a talk by Dr. Andy Thomson that you should listen to. Perhaps if you were smart enough to read and follow the directions that were clearly given to you when you entered our site, you would have had your questions answered. After reading the Open Letter and the “About” tab material, you could have learned:

1) Our mission is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of public schools.

2) Our theology is a satire that neither depends on, nor is derivative of any other religion.

3) We insist that any school board that includes any religious mythology in their science curricula, must also include ours.

As believers feel free to make claims about the way the universe works, then they should be challenged on it.  That’s what happens when you make truth claims.  That your claims are hard to back up is unfortunate. You’re free to believe that the moon is made out of green cheese, but being free to believe that, doesn’t require that other people coddle that delusion.

It says something about the idiocy of our age that one finds oneself having to come up with new arguments in favor of the thesis that anvils don’t float.

You and your fictitious god and your book that you can’t read or understand, seriously overestimate your ability to frighten me.

Your delusions are not ours to defend, and you do not have the power to force everyone to stop laughing at you, as much as you’d like to be able to do that. And isn’t that what this is really about? That churches want to be able to punish you for disrespecting their sacred craziness?

RAmen

5. Ham Nox says:

“If God did not exist than man would create one” and this is what has been done with the F.S.M. group. You have created a God.”

If god !exist, then new(god)
    But according to you, God does exist.
    Then why did we have to make a god again?
    Or did you just completely miss the point of the quote?

6. carl merida says:

@409

how the hell are you NOT ashamedofyour bible, one that tells you to kill/rape people who don’t agree with you (Deuteronomy 20:10-14), or tells you to stone disobedient children (Deuteronomy 21:18-21).

also, your bible is very contradictive of itself, here are a few examples
    1. God is satisfied with his works
    Gen 1:31
    God is dissatisfied with his works.
    Gen 6:6
    2. God dwells in chosen temples
    2 Chron 7:12,16
    God dwells not in temples
    Acts 7:48
    3. God dwells in light
    Tim 6:16
    God dwells in darkness
    1 Kings 8:12/ Ps 18:11/ Ps 97:2
    if you want to see 140 more contradictions in the bible, simply go to http://www.evilbible.com/Biblical%20Contradictions.htm

and i will leave you with one last (more simple) argument disproving an all powerful god

can god create a rock so large, he can’t move it?

pwned

7. carl merida says:

@389
    but if god is all powerful AND loves everybody, can’y he just stop us from doing bad things

and, last time I checked, a tsunami kills people, and people don’t make tsunami’s

why didn’t god just make us so we could only choose good( he is supposed to be all powerful)

and evolution is actually the BEST scientific theory out there, seeing as it has evidence, which is something your religion is lacking

your argument is invalid

8. tony allen says:

i was thinking one day that poppin fresh,the pillsbury dough boy, must be the FSMs only begotten son. as this half baked idea was taking shape, i came across a pair of poppin fresh boxer shorts in a big box store. i put them on and tried to evan believers. this didn’t go very well as all the store patrons were able to escape to the exits. one brave clerk behind the make-up counter did listen before expressing her doubt. then 2 weeks latter i was in the home of my wife’s grandmother who had recently died. on the refer were 4 [not 1 but 4!] PDB magnets. verrily i say unto you my fellow believers,this has to be a mirror-a-cal. i would propose that we add a communion ritual with PDB dough shaped like ginger bread boys. we could bite their little heads off and have a drink of white wine [his holy urine]. this could add credibility to our belief system as plagiarism seems to have worked well for the 3 desert dogmas. let me know what you think.

1 50 51 52 53 54 58