How can you know God is a FSM

Published April 15th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What is said on this website, in your books and amongst yourselves doesn’t change what the Bible and the real word of God says. Gods word is like gravity, just because people don’t believe in it doesn’t mean it’s not true and doesn’t mean there aren’t consequences to jumping off of a cliff. Someone can easily say “I don’t believe in gravity because I can’t see it, etc..because it’s an old belief….” but that doesn’t change the fact that it is there. This is like Gods laws for all of humanity.

Have any of you ever seen your own brain? Does that mean that it isn’t there? Have any of you ever seen your heart? Does that mean that it isn’t inside your body still beating? Have any of you ever seen your soul? Does that meen that it isn’t there?

The fact is that we do have souls and I heard it put this way “If God did not exist than man would create one” and this is what has been done with the F.S.M. group. You have created a God and the Bible calls this idol worship. Often times groups in the Bible would create an idol to worship because they couldn’t see or hear or touch God.

God’s fingerprints are on all of creation and more and more scientists and peole are recognizing this alike. Antony Flew, one of the worlds most famous atheists has recently said that there is a God and one who is intelligent. The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster.

On another note, God’s word was written because He loves us and showed his unending love for us through his son Jesus Christs death on the cross and ultimatley, His resurrection from the grave. Romans 10:9 says that “If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ alone (John 14:6).

Romans 3:23 says that “all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God”. That means you, me and everyone else in the entire world.

I hope that this has been some help to all of you.

-CD

471 Responses to “How can you know God is a FSM”

1 2 3 58
  1. ekros says:

Yeah, this really helps.
    My eyes are open now, everything is clear and the truth has reached my soul.

The truth is some people will never understand.
    Will never start to think.
    Will never be touched by his noodly appendage.

And will never read the “If you’re new to the site, you’ll probably want to start here”-Site.

RAmen

2. Zane says:

“How can you know that God is a F.S.M. if he is invisible? If he is invisible how can you see him?”

Divine inspiration to the prophet Bobby Henderson and those who have truly given themselves to the holy noodle.

“What is said on this website, … Does that meen that it isn’t there?”

I have evidence for the existence of those things. I let go of a ball and it drops. I think and have thoughts. We’ve opened bodies and they have brains. Presumably I’m the same species so I would have a brain too. And I can feel my heart beat in my chest. Sight is not the only way to gather evidence.

“If God did not exist than man would create one”

Pretty much. In fact I read a good novel the other day that had the fact that Gods existed, but only if they could have believers, and it was those believers who brought them into existence in the first place. (Terry Pratchett’s “Small Gods” if anyone is interested. They are good books)

“The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster.”

You ever seen a model of a protein or parts of our anatomy. Very spaghetti-like. But don’t you say God is perfect? I wouldn’t say that the human body (which according to you is pretty much the same as God’s body) is perfect. There’s so much that can go wrong, and there’s always that blasted spot on your back that you can’t reach to scratch.

“On another note, God’s word was written because He loves us and showed his unending love for us through his son Jesus Christs death on the cross and ultimatley, His resurrection from the grave.”

Yes, he loves us. So he’ll condone genocide, slavery, rape, and if we do anything to displease him in the slightest he has a special place full of fire and burning and torture and pain where he will send us to burn and cry and scream for ever and ever until the end off time. (‘Okay you got me God, I did take that candy bar.’ “AH HA! YOU HAVE STOLEN THEREFORE YOU DESERVE PUNISHMENT FOREVER!!!!”)

“I would recommend that anyone who is a follower of this group to read not only the Bible but a series of books from a former atheist called “The Case for Christ” and “the Case for Creator” and from there you can draw your own conclusions. If you are truly seeking for answers in life than I would encourage all of you to search for those answers and don’t just give up by creating your own religion/idol.”

Recommend somewhere I can get those cheap and I’ll give ‘em a read eventually. But I’m not paying cover price for something that I suspect is full of BS.

“Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves. That savior is Jesus Christ. Every other religion in the world is saved through works and Christianity is the only one where we are saved by our faith alone. Once a person proclaims that Jeesus is Lord it is up to that person to live his/her life for Him.”

Everyone in the world is on this boat? Well no wonder it’s sinking. You’ve got too many bloody people on it! It’s only supposed to carry 50. Invest in a clicker… 48… 49… 50. Wait for the next boat please.

But seriously (not really), if I were on that boat I’d prefer a savior who could actually save my life… like superman. Some non-zombie character who could actually do more than stand on the water saying, “Accept me and you will do better in the next life.” I’ll damn well worry about a next life if and when it comes. In the meantime, I’ve got enough on my plate worrying about this one.

Peace and Long Life,
    Zane

(It took a lot of will power to avoid talking about some of the spelling/grammar errors in that)

3. StJason says:

So… let me get this straight…

God’s word is true, because the book that God wrote says God’s word is true?
    Here is a link for you to ignore: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_definition

…incidentally, Antony Flew was a really poor choice to prove your point. He became a Diest, not a Christian. In other words, he believes there *is* a God, but not necessarily the God of the Bible. Quite likely, were he alive during the time of the Revelation to Bobby, then he would have recognized his Noodly Lord and welcomed him with cutlass bared and fork ready for twirling…

Finally, a collection of links that would help you, but by this time, you have gone off to pester some other group that isn’t in lockstep with you. Possibly to declare Jihad upon them.

• Alphy says:

I appreciate your post very much, St. Jason. Especially-

“In Christianity, you are saved by faith alone? So if I beat my kids, murdered in the streets, slept with goats, and pushed people off cliffs as a hobby, it’d be okay, so long as I believed that Jesus was the One True Savior? I think your own bible disagrees with you on that count.”

You are right on. The faith alone crap is puritanical fudamentalist protestantism. It is not traditional Christian teaching. I would love to hear more from you.

4. Jochem Atteveld says:

How do you know God is a bearded guy? Through the Bible? We have a holy book aswell, you know, and it clearly states a FSM created the world.
    The way I know I have a heart and brains is that I know that without them, my body could not function, plus I’ve seen them in every other human being, so why not in me? I have never seen a soul, however, nor do I think it’s necessary (All functions attributed to it are located in the brain).
    You also say that as long as you believe in Jesus, whatever you do next doesn’t matter. Does that mean I am evil if I do things for other people my etire life, give up everything I have for them etc., but I don’t believe in God? Does it mean I may seize power over the world, provlaim myself emperor, and torture millions of people each day because it gives me a kick, and still I’m good as long as I believe in God? That’s a really nasty, megalomanic god who doesn’t care for anything but himself, then.

5. silentalias says:

If something is invisible, then those wavelengths of light that we perceive are not emitted by the object at hand. However, just because you cannot see it does not you cannot feel His Noodly Appendage.

His Noodliness allowed for heretics to create the fake book so titled the Bible, for it amused His Meatballs. Consequently, the Flying Spaghetti Monster does not speak, so whatever word you think is His is surely the lies of some B.C. fiction writer(s) out of a job (goat herding).

I cannot claim to have seen my brain, but if you volunteer, I will check that your’s is indeed in your head. The same goes for your heart, though I’m sure a Cat Scan or an MRI would suffice. And have you ever seen the FSM? I have. In fact, there is an IMAGE of His Noodliness on my bumped sticker (and apparently, on t-shirts, sidewalks, potted plants, clouds, and other locations worldwide.

No you! (OMG BEST COMEBACK EVER) I remind you that writing that your fake sky-daddy’s book is the word of sky-daddy does not actually make it an actual book of sky-daddy’s words. Even the unemployed goat-herders failed to get their stories to agree while wandering all about Israel as hobos.

Actually, DNA (of humans and otherwise) is full of USELESS CRAP that was only necessary back before viruses mutated and in the direction of archeans. It’d be pretty cool if we were at all efficient, but apparently there were a lot of mistakes along the way. Your sky-daddy figured it’d be fun for people to doubt his awesomeness, so he dropped those in. You know, for fun, since people on the whole are egotistical, inefficient, uncooperative, corruptible, and physically frail (at least, compared to Rhinos!). Your sky-daddy doesn’t sound like much, if we are made in his image.

That’s cool. Letting your children die must be only of your sky-daddy’s virtues, according to precedent. But then, isn’t killing also uncool? So killing your own (or others’) children wouldn’t be right (since you’re against abortion), but maybe not having any children would do the trick, right? You know, emulate your sky-daddy and feel closer to him? I’d appreciate the lack of Your children, and I’m sure His Noodliness wouldn’t mind. He’s pro-choice, after all.

I’m going to guess that a lot of atheists have read the Bible, unlike yourself, who appear to be selective in reading only pro-sky-daddy books. And we think your literature is CRAP. (Plus, the writing style is horrendous! Who edits it? The Church?)

Romans are also the guys who killed Joshua (for real, it’s not Jesus). They also had some pretty awesome military tactics, as well as advanced forms of government, and even almost-modern plumbing. Plus, they would have orgies and were cool with homosexuality and ate a lot for fun before throwing it up on purpose, so really, I don’t think they cared much for your definition of sin.

Or, they could resign to their fate, and die like the people on the Titanic died. Joshua didn’t seem to help them with getting out alive, and so far as history shows, all the scientists, comedians, entertainers, and the majority of beautiful women wouldn’t get saved. I’d prefer to die with/like them, than with boring dudes who really like to pray. It’s not like living a boring sinless life will allow me to sin like a pro in the afterlife, will it?

I hope that this has been some help to all of you.

-CD

I hope that you go to your sky-daddy’s heaven and spend all of eternity BORED.

6. Blackbird says:

“Have any of you ever seen your own brain? ”
    “Does that mean that it isn’t there?”
    Ummm… what? I just told you I’ve seen it via many methods of brain imaging.
    ” Have any of you ever seen your heart?”
    “Does that mean that it isn’t inside your body still beating?”
    Even if I couldn’t see it, I can easily tell if it is beating or not. What a silly rhetorical question. It adds absolutely nothing to conversation.
    “Gods word is like gravity”
    NO IT IS NOT. God’s word is the exact opposite of gravity. Gravity is a real thing that can be subjected to repeatable experiments, and you can produce predictions with a startling amount of accuracy. God’s word is nothing like that. How can you even say that?
    One day, you are going to have to think for yourself and it is going to scare you.
    I appreciate the nearly proper spelling, but I cannot comment any more on this on this.
    This is a stupidity that has no self-awareness. It is a cognitive dissonance so dense that nothing I could ever say could penetrate. Ideas must be distinct before logic can act upon them.

7. Anon says:

Just because the flying spaghetti monster can’t be seen doesn’t mean he isn’t there. You say as much yourself about God.

“The Bible does say clearly that man was created in his image (Genisis 1:27) so we know that God is not a flying spaghetti monster” Well the bible’s always right isn’t it? You people use the bible as your proof for everything yet you dismiss the glaringly obvious errors.

“Think about it, if all the people in the world were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and the ship was going down and there were no lifeboats, everyone would need a Savior no matter how hard they tried to save themselves. That savior is Jesus Christ.” so when the ship’s sinking will we all stand on a floating Jesus?

8. Random Pirate24531 says:

Bland Christ metaphors… Seen it all before…

And yes, I have read far too much of the bible and that’s one of the reasons that I am an atheist.

The difference between this website and groups in the Bible who created idols is that God tended to brutally slaughter most of them, why not us?

1 2 3 58