h-a-t-e

Published April 24th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Hello…Bobby,
I am a 11 year old who accidently found your website. I can’t bellieve why you would do that. I really don’t like you. My younger brother almost found your site, I h-a-t-e you.
-Rachel

222 Responses to “h-a-t-e”

1 20 21 22 23 24 27
  1. god says:

11 year olds are too retarded to understand any form of religion.

2. Drained and Washed Clean says:

BJ,

Science is not a substitution of beliefs. I don’t need to substitute anything for the fact that I don’t believe in a zombie sky daddy. Science is an exploration of what our universe is and how things came to be. Humans didn’t invent anything; we are just exploring how things did come to be and the scientific laws that govern our universe. We made up words to describe our thoughts and numbers to show equations because we have to have some way to communicate these ideas, but that doesn’t mean that we invented anything. And! That isn’t to say that there aren’t other universes out there that operate under different scientific laws.

I also don’t have to consider an alternative to atheistic views. Science has shown that complexity and higher order thinking comes with evolution over time, so I don’t think that this “god” you are trying to weasel in could just appear out of nowhere. There may be beings of higher intelligence and greater technology out there, but they have evolved to that state and are not gods. These beings may even exist outside of our universe. That still doesn’t make them gods. I, in no way, shape or form, ever have to consider anything but atheism.

In an alternative universe out there, religion doesn’t exist. Why can’t I live there?

Ramen.

3. ssssssssssvh says:

I am 12, living in the bible belt, surounded by opresive brainwashed simpletons. ALL HAIL HIS NOODLY POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ssssssssssssvh says:

Boy rachel? hahaha! All Hail his noodles!

5. me says:

actually #169, i am 12 and have one of the highest recorded iqs in history, and I understand his noodliness quite well. you should consider who your speaking around, you unintelligent wretch

RAmen

6. bruceo says:

hey “me” #173:
    you claim to have one of the highest IQs in history and you don’t know the difference between “your” and “you’re”?
    i’ll forgive you for typos, but that was just plain duuuuuumb

7. ATSAP REVOL says:

Dear Me, #173
    My goodness, Me, apparently the IQ test that you took didn’t ask you the difference between YOUR (the possessive) and YOU’RE (the contraction for YOU ARE). Also, those with high IQ’s are generally aware that the first letter of a sentence is capitalized, as is I.
    I score your writing somewhere above “wretched” and much below “high IQ genius.”
    ATSAP REVOL, The Pedantic Professor of Pastafarianism

8. plumberbob says:

@ 167 -BJ-,

I believe that all facets of religion were created by and for people, and that religion is an attempt by people to answer cosmic questions using the best knowledge and data that were available at the time. In the lives of all religions, it seems to have been standard practice for the clergy to define orthodoxy and enforce dogma for the exclusive advantage of said clergy. Whenever some body questions or up-dates the dogma in any way, it is always fought fiercely by the clergy. See: Rome vs Christians; The Inquisition; The Reformation; Galileo; Science. There is not one example of a peaceful transition in the religious world.

Your observation about our ability to think about systems outside of a theistic context illustrates that your premise is the existence of a deity. Since all of modern science operates well without such a premise, it violates the rule of simplicity of Occam’s Razor to introduce a deity axiomatically.

“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, ‘This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed’? Instead they say, ‘No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.’” – Carl Sagan

RAmen