Good fun, at what cost?

Published April 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humor. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running this web site is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love the ignorant hate mail you receive or the attention from other joy seeking worldly people.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous God, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from God will feel when they are turn away from the gates of Heaven and cast in to the pits of Hell for not repenting for the Sin we are all guilty for? You have you ever lied, stolen or committed adultery within your heart?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow Jesus.” Do yourself a favor. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up your Bible, read it and do what it says.

God Bless,

Nick

295 Responses to “Good fun, at what cost?”

1. BB79 says:

@ Nick
    If there is such a thing as the Xtian God, then I think he’d see through conversion “just in case”. So dont waste your time.

Fear is no reason to believe – using fear to control is the definition of terrorism.

@ #1 Plumberbob
    I’ve seen you post that link several times citing it as the sort of thing we are fighting against – i’ve read the site outline and the intro to the e-book – it seems to be anti-authoritarian, warning us to keep an eye on those that govern because ultimately they should answer to us and not the other way around.
    Perhaps you’ve read the book and he’s totally unhinged, but the sentiment seems spot on to me…

2. Lyvvie says:

Dear Nick,

Thanks for your concern. As I’m a decent, law-abiding, moral and darned nice person, I wouldn’t worry too much about my immortal soul. I’m sure if there is a Judgement Day, I’ll beat quite a few of your fellow churchgoers on god’s point system of who’s lived a better life. I also wouldn’t call myself a “Joy-seeker” so much a Life-Liver. I’m living my life as I’m pretty certain it’s the only one I’m going to get. I worry that you, Nick, may be wasting beautiful opportunities to properly enjoy this world you think your god created because you’re so certain you’ll have a better one after you’re dead. Now, doesn’t that seem silly to you? Doesn’t it seem disrespectful to the creator?

As far as research, I wonder just how much you’ve questioned and researched the other side of the argument. Our side. Why don’t non-believers believe? It’s not because we’re ignorant, most of us weren’t raised Atheist, we came to that conclusion ourselves. Why don’t you challenge yourself, and your faith, and find out why. If your faith is strong and true then there’s no danger in obtaining your coveted afterlife.

Why don’t you go put your coat on and enjoy this beautiful day and stop worrying about everyone else’s souls, and just be content with enriching your own.

3. Shelldigger says:

Awww, aint that cute. Another damn x-tian worried about my soul. Once you stop concerning yourself with the magical beliefs of the wandering nomadic peoples of the bronze age, the threats of eternal damnation are a joke! So please do not bother with the likes of me, and many here…we just dont believe in magic and honestly I have to wonder about those who do.

There are other “good” books out there, they are known as encyclopedias!
    Learn something today! Drag your dumb asses into the age of information and try to aquire some logical thinking skills along the way. I of course realise this may be impossible for most of you bible thumping dingbats, but can you at least try? While your kind are worried about our salvation, we are worried about your ability to get your food into your bible quoting pie hole…and dont forget to breathe!

4. Fusillier says:

Pick up the bible and do what it says? What? Do you mean stone people to death who work on Sundays? Does that include all the Medical staff down at the Hospial? Clarification please.
    The point you miserably fail to see is that I am not going to waste any of my time considering what is going to happen on Judgement Day because it’s all a load of tosh and I don’t believe a word of it, it aint gonna happen. If you want to believe it, then good for you, I wish you well, now go away and bother someone else.
    RAmen

5. Roderick Alan King, Purser of the Rutgers Pastafarians says:

Hmm. Our budget from Rutgers is $500, so I’d say that’s the cost!

6. Anon says:

The whole point of the FSM thing is to show that ID isn’t somethimng to be taught in schools and that FSM is just as likely as God.

And plus, does God really care what you believe in (religiously, cosmically) when you commit a (supposed) sin.

What’s more, If FSMism is wrong (which for those who have been touched by his noodly appendage deny) then what makes your religion any better?

We have one life so we’d better make the most of it, not follow unproven god with no evidence.

Flying Spaghetti Monster bless,

Anon

7. Bruce says:

Fusillier, the Bible doesn’t order us to stone people to death if they work on Sundays; it orders us to stone people to death if they work on Saturdays.
    And that includes Saturday people who jog or gather sticks for a campfire.

8. Griffin7890 says:

Too tired to write much, but at least he attempted to write a competent letter instead of the, “R U SRIUS? GOD WILL SMTE YOU IF YOU DON FOLLOW HIM. FUCK Y’ALL,” we usually get.