Good fun, at what cost?

Published April 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humor. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running this web site is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love the ignorant hate mail you receive or the attention from other joy seeking worldly people.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous God, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from God will feel when they are turn away from the gates of Heaven and cast in to the pits of Hell for not repenting for the Sin we are all guilty for? You have you ever lied, stolen or committed adultery within your heart?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow Jesus.” Do yourself a favor. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up your Bible, read it and do what it says.

God Bless,

Nick

298 Responses to “Good fun, at what cost?”

1 29 30 31 32 33 35
  1. Izzy says:

If “god” is all knowing, he would see past our foolish ignorance he will send us all to heaven. If i remember correctly from a really boring chapel service “you must forgive everyone for their wrongful sins” implying that judging is not welcome in any religion due to that fact that judging would be considered as sinful, therefor making God a sinner of his own religion, therefor he should be punished by people not believing in his religion.

By the way what date is “judgement day”
    Also the bible isnt what its cracked up to be. But its really fun to colour in. lol

Rock on Flying Spag-Bog monster. Shame my Religion teacher doesnt allow me to do an assignment on the FSM.

Where is the proof that god is real. then i might consider

2. dybydx says:

The problem Atheists have with proving their logical point about the existance of god is that the retort always comes with such an illogical statement of pseudo-facts that we are quite often dumbfounded by the blind stupidity being shown by our fellow humans.

If I believed that 1+1 = 340 then I would be called stupid, but if enough people believed that 1+1 = 340 then the person calling the collective stupid would no doubtedly be called a trouble maker or indeed an idiot themselves. Just because a collective believes something is true doesnt necessarily mean that it is true. So in a case with numbers we see a certain misconsception of a natural system that is tangable. Let us take it onto a human written subject. Humans are prone to err. So in a text that was -TRANSLATED- whereupon ambiguous words could easily be taken the ‘wrong’ way are mistranslated, what type of fool must believe so blindly in such a text and not expectin the slightest to be thought of as an idiot. But of course this oh so wonderful text has clauses for us hard hearted logical thinkers which this marvellous god seems to despise. I did not think hate was such a divine attribute. I am not trying to tell you there isnt a god, I am just trying to show a clean logical argument for faith in a man made text.

Interestingly enough, this faith based apon an ancient text is so stubborn and illogical that sects of it will forbid the use of condoms, despite one of the most devastating diseases in this world being transmitted by procreation.

Logic will prevail.

3. Godlessblogger says:

Nick, kindly go fuck yourself.

4. Chubaca says:

Was this guy the drunk driver or the victim?

5. ray says:

Dear God,
    Please protect us from your followers.

Dear Humans,
    If your god has you shaming, blaming, threatening and offering to kick people’s heads in and the like, I’m thinking you’ve got you a god that you made up in your own image and it’s time to get you a new one. Look around till you find a God/belief system/way of being/system of teachings that encourage and accept good people regardless of the path they’re on that has them being so good.

Oh, God, wait…one more thing.
    What’s with the some of the Christians and some of the Muslims and some of the Jews? Summuhvum are downright dangerous. Like some of em’s prone to violence. I think they’re really missing the point, there. (I know, I know, there are other ones, but those just came to mind first.)

And while I’m on the subject, what’s with the poor diction/low intelligence/pushy/violent thing among the folks who say they’re being like Jesus? From the stories I’ve heard, Jesus was a fully enlightened fellow who got killed by the mainstream for telling people to discard hatred. A bunch of Christians I’ve met have been way off the mark. Please do something about that. They’re frightening us.
    Thank you for your time.
    Love,
    Ray

6. Lou says:

Read the Bible? Yes, sure! It’s quite entertaining actually, lots of Rated-R violence and murder.

7. Natturs says:

Dear Nick,

What day of judgement? What Holy and righteous God? If he tells me off, I’ll tell him to stop being a bully and let me believe what I want to believe.

I’m afraid I’m also going to have to refuse your offer to pick up a book and blindly “do what it says.”

And you got something right, one of my favourite things about this website is the ignorant hate mail. It makes me laugh.

8. TheFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Jordan (201). Not only is the drunk driver episode oddly specific, but what the hell does it have to do with religion? Since alcohol is consumed more commonly in the Western (Christian) world, I’d venture to say that most drunk drivers have been Christian. So, if any analogy is drawn, I’d say down with Christianity – it promotes drunken driving!

Nick, do your own research. Take your 3rd paragraph where you take several huge leaps of faith, assuming everything drilled into you was the truth. Odds? Infintesimal.

1 29 30 31 32 33 35