Good fun, at what cost?

Published April 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humor. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running this web site is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love the ignorant hate mail you receive or the attention from other joy seeking worldly people.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous God, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from God will feel when they are turn away from the gates of Heaven and cast in to the pits of Hell for not repenting for the Sin we are all guilty for? You have you ever lied, stolen or committed adultery within your heart?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow Jesus.” Do yourself a favor. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up your Bible, read it and do what it says.

God Bless,

Nick

295 Responses to “Good fun, at what cost?”

1 28 29 30 31 32 35
  1. DavidH says:

@Jess #219

None shall be blessed but those who gain the maintop by the futtock shrouds. He who cometh unto the maintop by the lubbers’ hole, shall be accursed and his bowels shall be devoured by meerkats.

I can spout this shit all day. You think it’s ridiculous; how do you think your stuff sounds to a rational person? The average guy thinks it’s somehow worthy of respect because it’s been around so long and because a whole lot of important-looking people in black robes keep on about it. Not so. Step right back and take a cool look – you’ll realise how damn silly it all is.

2. Scott says:

OHH, I get it guys! Nick is God in disguise! I mean who else could be so sure about all that, AND be literate, hmmm?. God sure does sound a tad bitter though…

-RAmen

3. plumberbob says:

@ 230 – Michelle – ,

They made the effort to “Loot” the book from those of us who can read it; they mis-translated it; they still can’t read it; they’ve used the mis-translation for two millenia to club us with it; they’ve abrogated all parts that might be difficult to follow; they added a codicil in another language that most of them can’t read; they conveniently lost that codicil after Jerome translated the whole thing to Latin.

Now’s the time to begin to afflict the comfortable, because they have no idea what the book they keep thumping really says. They are shocked by the message of love in the last three chapters of Judges. There are known reasons why the authors and editor wrote as they did, but the men in black robes don’t want the sheep to know about that information.

RAmen

4. Rich C says:

The funny thing about the haters is that they don’t understand that by not understanding they’re actually proving Bobby’s point. Nick, FSMism is just a way of showing that putting something in writing doesn’t make it true, especially in regard to religion. I’ve read the Bible (and studied it in college). That’s WHY I don’t believe it. If you don’t think the Bible’s stories are stupid, you’re not reading it correctly.

5. plumberbob says:

@ 230 – Michelle -,

In my version, it’s Exodus 23:19 that prohibits the cheese sandwich, and just two verses later where ,”…he will not pardon your transgressions…”. That sounds pretty Gehenna-ish to me. How about that for irrelevant words taken out of context?

Sorry, I’ve been the last few days with Dr Dembski’s ID course literature from the seminary, as linked by Wench Nikkiee. The seminary students are getting academic credit for trolling and posting on our site, and I’m suggesting that Bobby charge them tuition for so using our college and the seminars we’re teaching.

RAmen

6. plumberbob says:

@ 231 – theFewtheProudtheMarinara – ,

I’m only interested in the part written in Hebrew that I can read. The Greek part that was conveniently lost after Jerome translated it all into Latin, I’ve never been able to read.

The original Hebrew was as political a document as any that has ever been written.. It’s fun to translate, and separate the parts by various authors with their known political and economic positions. Of course there are inconsistencies; with different factions each writing their own versions, and an editor having to join four “sacred” documents none of which could be omitted.

RAmen

7. randi says:

Honestly, the people who run websites like this and support the flying spaghetti monster, do so as a parody, we dont honestly beleive a monster of noodles created life. It is making fun of all the people who believe in God, the one all knowing being that supposedly created everything there ever was. People running websites like this dont worry about that time at the pearly gates in front of god, because they dont beleive it will ever happen! THERE IS NO GOD!

8. James says:

zombie jesus judges you!!!

1 28 29 30 31 32 35