Good fun, at what cost?

Published April 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humor. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running this web site is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love the ignorant hate mail you receive or the attention from other joy seeking worldly people.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous God, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from God will feel when they are turn away from the gates of Heaven and cast in to the pits of Hell for not repenting for the Sin we are all guilty for? You have you ever lied, stolen or committed adultery within your heart?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow Jesus.” Do yourself a favor. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up your Bible, read it and do what it says.

God Bless,

Nick

298 Responses to “Good fun, at what cost?”

1. Tesvoy says:

Dibs on the penthouse suite in hell!!!

2. Johnny Rastfari says:

I can only speak for myself, but I have done far less in my life to have regret for, including accepting the touch of his noodley appendage than MANY christian LEADERS have. I feel no hate in my heart for anyone. how many followers of jesus can say that? Now say it outside an women’s health clinic. ARRGGHHH!!!!!

3. Amused says:

Nick’s a well-learned Christian. He used the “Are you a Good Person” argument followed by a drawn out rendition of Pascal’s Wager.

So, Nick, I have one question for you: what if *you’re* the wrong one? What if *you* find yourself simply not existing after you die? You’ve got one life, Nick. Seems kinda dumb to waste it on the assumption that some Magic Man in the Sky is telling you how to live.

Get over your religiously self-imposed guilt and enjoy the one life you have.

4. Mr. Omega says:

My question is simple, what if you are wrong? What if we are right? What if the Hindu are right? What if the Muslim are right? What if you just belong to the wrong sect of Christianity and for this you will spend eternity burning in Hell? If your God is truly the jealous, vengeful, ignorant dictator he is portrayed as in the bible I would rather be forever in agony than give him the pleasure of my submission.

5. Lioss says:

What’s the matter?We all will go to hell,ok.And?
    It’s not your problem,you should not care about that.Do what you want to win your ticket to heaven ans leave us believe FSM.

6. Jochem Atteveld says:

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humour. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running the church is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love to reply “no, your proof is wrong” to anything that contradicts your god or the attention from other stupid people who believe in it.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous Flying Spaghetti Monster, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from the Flying Spaghetti Monster will feel when they are turned away from the gates of Heaven and must drink stale beer and “enjoy” STD-infected strippers for not thinking?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow the Flying Spaghetti Monster.” Do yourself a favour. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up the Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, read it and do what it says.

Arr,

Jochem

7. reggaethecat says:

Admit it, you are that drunk driver, right? I only ‘regret’ that when you die you will rot in the ground like the rest of us, and your whole life will have been a sham.

8. Firas says:

bla bla bla GUILT bla bla bla GUILT bla bla bla!
    Sorry Nick, with Pastafarians, it does NOT work this way anymore!