Good fun, at what cost?

Published April 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

What a great way to invest your time and I really appreciate your sense of humor. Sadly, there is a human emotion, or response called “regret.” For example, a drunk driver wakes up in a jail cell with no memory of the night before. He is walked over in hand cuffs to a “service window” and told he is being booked or vehicular man slaughter. It turns out he ran a red light, struck a SUV with a family of 5, killing 2 children under the age of 5.

The joy you receive running this web site is probably pretty big. I’m sure you love the ignorant hate mail you receive or the attention from other joy seeking worldly people.

My question to you is, do you consider yourself a good person? On the day of judgment when you’re standing in front of a Holy and righteous God, how will you fare? What kind of remorse do you think you, and others you may be leading away from God will feel when they are turn away from the gates of Heaven and cast in to the pits of Hell for not repenting for the Sin we are all guilty for? You have you ever lied, stolen or committed adultery within your heart?

I don’t honestly believe that you’re going to reply with some miracle response that says “yes, you’re right I will repent and follow Jesus.” Do yourself a favor. Do some research and really consider what you’re basing the fate and existence of your eternal soul on. If you decide to follow your current path, good luck friend. If you find yourself with even the slightest doubt of the certainty of your eternal soul then I suggest you pick up your Bible, read it and do what it says.

God Bless,

Nick

296 Responses to “Good fun, at what cost?”

1 27 28 29 30 31 35
  1. BlackBard says:

@Jess #219

A very well articulated piece, even if it makes little sense. You said, “Compared to God’s standard…I am not a good person.” “…when held up to God’s standards, I’ve totally failed! That’s why it’s so awesome Jesus died for my sins and made me righteous in the sight of God.”

Do you realize that there is no reason for you to compare yourself to “God’s standard” (whatever you think that is) – that it would be absurd? Your god’s standard is impossible because you are in a state of sin even before you are born, according to christian beliefs. In this sense, sin is not even a result of your “free will.” It is inherent in being born a human. What nonsense!

And then, because Jesus died before you were born, the sin you were born with is gone and somehow you are righteous (virtuous) when god sees you? This is totally contradictory, you know.

Jess, I appreciate that you are entitled to your beliefs. I also appreciate that you did not come to our church’s web site to attempt to lure us away from the Pastafarian Path to the beer volcano. I only hope that someday you will be touched by His Noodly Appendage and be bathed in the warmth of His Sauciness.

RAmen

2. Matrigan says:

Scare tactics like yours may work on those with weaker will behind their beliefs, but not us. What kind of person would it make you if you just broke down to religion’s attempt to scare you onto their side? Well, clearly these scare tactics have worked on you, Nick.

3. ET, the Extra Terrestrial says:

@Jess #219
    Jess, you really need to preface your points with things like “I firmly believe” and “in my opinion”. Stating something as though it is a fact does not make it a fact. God didn’t create anything, because god doesn’t exist. See how I stated that as a fact? Can I prove it? No. Can you prove your statements above? No. When you are stating an opinion, don’t pretend it’s anything but an opinion. People who make statements like yours are offensive because they purport to know All The Answers, but not one of them has anything beyond their own belief. You go ahead and believe whatever you like, that’s your right. But don’t let me catch you trying to get that neolithic nonsense taught as fact in any school that my taxes pay for.

4. Gwen says:

Wow. Gotta love how we’re associated with traffic accidents, theft, lies and adultery just because we don’t believe in your God, Nick.

Anyways, to answer your questions:
    Yes, I do think of myself as a good person. I only lie if the truth hurts others, I don’t steal, I don’t commit adultery (I intend to save myself for marriage, actually. GASP. Atheists can do that!). If God decides to let atheists into heaven, I don’t mean to be smug, but I do believe I’ve got a chance.

Anyways, Nick, I find it odd to believe that if there is a God who loves all of us but he’ll only give us a pleasant afterlife if we do as he says rather than if we’re good people. Is it me or is that kindof stupid? “Everyone gets a chance at eternity, except y’all for not believing in me”, regardless of how they act. Someone who made everyone miserable during his lifetine but followed the Ten Commandments goes to heaven while a doctor who saved hundreds but didn’t believe in God goes to hell? Yeah, I find it hard to believe in that.

I’ve thought about who I “base the fate and existence” of my soul on, actually. I had a Christian education until my eighth birthday. There’s a fair amount of Biblical stuff I disagree on, and that’s only what I remember from when I was six. If I picked up a Bible and read it, I’m quite sure I’d find more things I disagree on.
    Halelinguini, I’ve seen the light! I’ll be sticking with His Noodliness!

RAmen and may His Noodliness touch you and save your damned soul,
    Pastafarean Gwen

5. Princess Psycho says:

Well I took your advice I was most disappointed there was no mention of Dinosaurs in it and no recipes for tasty dishes that have plenty of carbs in it, still I did find this passage really disturbing 2Kings 18:27 “But Rab-shakeh said unto them, Hath my master sent me to thy master, and to thee, to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men which sit on the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?” It sort of put me off reading the Bible… it did it’s true. (Sticks out tongue)

6. Michelle says:

Plumberbob – in reference to reply #1…

You clearly have not undergone sufficient interfaith studies… remember, that if one is going to loot from somebody, it is only polite to really know what meaning they have ascribed to the object which has been dutifully transferred through rightful contract (e.g. they provide the object, you don’t skewer them… arrgggghhhhh…..).

Officially, after eating a ham and cheese sandwich, you only have to wash your clothes, and can’t pray again until sundown (Lev 11). This, of course, is a fate worse than death for many people.

Gehenna is for really bad behavior… like eating a ham and cheese sandwich on any bread other than rye.

Which reminds me… Atsap Revol… are the FSM’s balls pure beef, or a beef/pork mixture? How cheesy is he? Is the FSM kosher?

Does the FSM change into matzah meal noodles during the appropriate time of the year?

7. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Plumberbod (#223): now that you mention the ORIGINAL bible, isn’t it odd that it didn’t mention the resurrection of Jesus? I guess the early Christian church found decided later that their message needed a little punching up.

8. r4m3nzor says:

I would throw god a beer. He and I would sit in front of the giant HD angel powered ( screw plasma!) T.V which he uses to watch the world and laugh his ass off with me.

1 27 28 29 30 31 35