Monster Mash

Published February 28th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson
slab.jpg
The FSM aka Matt and fake Mexican
slab0.jpg
FSM and Slabcock

After becoming a believer in FSMism a while back, I always wanted to get His name out there… but didn’t know exactly when the best time would be. I have put up a sign here and there at my high school but no big buzz had happened. It wasn’t until two nights ago that, for my last high school basketball game that I would be attending (Senior Night), that I decided to name it “Monster Mash” as the theme. It was His time. After school on Friday, I was on a frantic buzz around town trying to find supplies and materials. At around 5 o’clock I started the production and at 7:30 I was walking through the door at the gym Yelling.

Everyone was asking me who I was suppose to be: students, little kids, adults, everyone. And I told every which one about His noodly appendage. And through this breakthrough experience, I found one other Pastafarian. FSM had be produced the the highest mass media of our town.

Now the other Pastafarian, which we will call Slabcock, have already talked about having an FSM Awareness Day, etc. at our school— of course dressing in full pirate regalia. If any ideas, support you could give (maybe a flag or something) to help spread His word would be lovely.

This costume has just seen the beginning of its days.

Ramen.

-Matt

P.S. There are two pictures enclosed. One of the fake Mexican is just a bud of mine, and the other one with Slabcock. He tried his best to get some piratey gear together at the game.

17 Responses to “Monster Mash”

1 2 3
  1. Jason says:

Awesome!

2. BlackBard says:

Matt,

Excellent job! I have created a Jolly Pirate Fish business card that print 8 to the 8.5 X 11 page. They can be used to discretely approach likely prospects for conversion. I think I sent it to Prophet Bobby, but it never got included in the group of propaganda materials no the site.

If you, or any other Pastafarians, want it in PDF format (free), just send me an email. My address is cambriadc@yahoo.com. I promise, on the honor of Pastafarians everywhere, that I will not misuse your email address.

RAmen

3. Iron Mike says:

I’m so proud of the young folks that are converting to the Truth.

rAmen

4. Weezle says:

EPIC WIN

Sauce be with you, RAmen.

5. Ben Tremblay says:

We all appreciate the offer, but I suggest using a differant e-mail address to offer a service, even on the FSM site.

When I was organizing the counter-protest against the WBC, I used my regular e-mail and it’s now been flooded with spam mail. Bobby did warn me though, oh well.

However, I receive many thank-yous from Pastafarians and non-Pastafarians around the world. I even got one from a soldier stationed in the middle east.

Thanks again,
    Ben

6. BlackBard says:

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the concern, but that e-mail address is not my regular (professional) address. That is the one I use when I don’t care if I get spam or not. BTW, Yahoo! does an excellent job of filtering out spam and keeping it out of the in box.

So far, I have only received one message requesting the business cards from a fellow Pastafarian and it came from our Brother Matt, himself. I hope he finds them useful.

In addition to handing them to prospective converts, I also occasionally place one under the wiper blade of automobiles that have suitable bumper stickers, etc, that make me believe that the owner may be open to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

RAmen

7. Low Level Orc says:

The pipes on that costume look heavy. How did you get them to stay on?

8. Matt Mk (the monster) says:

Not heavy at all. They were just styrofoam cones (here’s a link to Jo-Ann Fabrics were I got them: http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat2898&PRODID=xprd78321) and then spray painted them yellow. The eyes are that material as well.

And to get them to stay on, you can kind of tell that my shirt goes over them. Just cut the seams in the shoulder area of the shirt and slid them up through them. B-e-a-utiful design.

1 2 3