I am at a loss for words

Published February 4th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

I am at loss for words. Listen, I don’t understand why you people who believe in this “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that God is not our savior feel the need to rat christians out for their beliefs. I know a couple of you can respect it, and that’s just fine with me. But many of you just plain rant on us christians, but what have we ever done to you, has god hurt you in any way? God created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!” Well, could you please respect our opinons. We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ, and you have done nothing but rant us out.

God Bless.

-Grace

274 Responses to “I am at a loss for words”

1. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Boohoo! Us mean ol’ Pastafarians. Picking on those poor Christians. Hey, are they the same guys who, in the Spanish conquest of the Americas, would baptise babies to save their souls, then swing them by their ankles to bash their brains out?

2. DarthFennec says:

`Well, could you please respect our opinons.’
    We do, we always have. Now please, will you respect ours?

`what have we ever done to you … We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ …’
    I think you just answered your own question. What have you ever done to me? You try to impose your faith on me. You don’t respect my opinions. You knock on my fucking door and you want to talk to me about God like he’s the only fucking thing anyone could possibly believe in, and it’s so fucking annoying. This is what you do to me, all the time, and I’m sick of it, and you’re all butthurt now because I have the gall to believe in something different from what you believe in. What a hypocrite.

3. Ereshkigal says:

“I am at loss for words. Listen, I don’t understand why you people who believe in this “garbage” and at that matter, anyone who does not believe that God is not our savior feel the need to rat christians out for their beliefs. I know a couple of you can respect it, and that’s just fine with me. But many of you just plain rant on us christians, but what have we ever done to you, has god hurt you in any way?”

- I will ignore your ranting against the pastafarian and I will attack your last argument, because I find it insulting, and a mocking of what you christians have done to this world, indeed, all religions have done to this world.
    your faith is the direct responsible of the 1000 thousands years of darkness in human history, you people, because your fanatic zeal, destroyed the only light of reason in the world, the Alexandrian library, and destroyed numerous books of science and history about other cultures and nations, you destroyed the concept of astronomy, chemistry, physics and medicine, and with those you also destroyed invaluable books of philosophy and literature, of 120 works of Sofocles, only 7 are in our hands, the other are irremediable destroyed by your fanatic faith, you also condemend Galileo, Copernicus, Kepler, and other scientists for the sole fact of open the age of reason, also you destroyed ancient gods, turning into demons, you corrupted the minds of youth, asking them only to believe, to believe in stupid things without reasoning them, I will give you a little example of how ridiculous are your beliefs:

1 let´s accept for a brief moment that your god exist, and you are saying that you need to convert people to gain the favor of your god, and that you are a soldier of god, that god looks after you for being a faithful servant of his doctrine, and I say: How can you possibly imagine that your god, so great that created everything and powerful that he can destroy everything, could possibly need YOU?, How can you be so arrogant to believe that your powerful god, could possibly need your insignificant souls for anything? you christians say that god look for you and will grant you eternal life, Have you ever think for a few moment that for any ant you are god?, how many times have you stopped to kill an ant or to try to understand why sometimes the insect stop for a brief moments when you are about to crush it?, have you thinked that perhaps the insect is praying to you for not to being killed?, how many times you have listened the insect?, then How you possibly imagine that a so powerful being can be interested in hearing or thinking in your insignificant souls?, I will attack your possible answer “because god is love and he loves me”, then, How can you be so arrogant to even think that you can guess what god loves and what god have displeasing to his eyes?, who are you to even think that you can note the difference between good and evil?, are you God?

2 you say that god is your savior, then I guess that god told you: “Grace, I´m going to save you”, god himself appeared before you and said: “Grace, I´m going to save you”, if you say not, then how in the world you you know that he is going to save you?, “because is written in my silly book” you will say, then you believe in the stories that other people told to you, that means that if I told you that a ghost told me that there are a pot of gold in the bottom of the ocean you will swim into your death, because you believe all the stupid things that people say without asking for proof, that means that you believe in the words of ignorant people, who don´t know that bacteries existed, that believe that the earth was flat, and believe that the demon was jumping all around the woods with nothing better to do in his demonic existance, you fear the demon and reject him and call evil other things or religions that you find displeasing, how you can possibly imagine that the demon if existed, as powerful as the myths described him, could possibly be interested in your pathetic souls?, as if hell was invented for ignorants, I keep reading in this site your fanatic friends keep yelling about Jesus coming to punish the sinners, and you believe this as fact, I have many accounts of dates of the probably destruction of the world and coming of Jesus, and yet nothing has happened, you keep waiting for him and preaching his second coming, and I will tell you, he won´t come anyway, why would he?, in order to count you as sheep?, in your ignorant assumptions, you are so arrogant to believe that a god will come and save all of you one by one.

and that´s a little example of your foolish assumptions and beliefs, and let me tell you this, many of you say that we atheist have nothing sacred in our statments, and you are wrong, we atheists of course have something as sacred: the individual human mind and reason, because in words of Henry Drummond: in a mind of a child that has mastered the basics of mathematics, are more sanctity than in all your hosanas, aleluyas and holy holy bussines, an idea is a greater monument than a cathedral, and the advance of human knowledge and reason is more a miracle that any stick turned to snake or a man walking in the top of water, we as human beings, have to stop reason and science, because you christians, threatened us, with a fabule?

your faith are the responsible of the dark ages, and because of you, we are still restrainted to Earth and are not travelling into the stars, I personally find your temples and beliefs offensive to the human mind, an insult to the universe, and a tramp to all human beings, I have normal vision, thanks to lasers and science, I have a computer, a triumph of Quantum Mechanics, I have seen microchips travelling in microscopes impulsed by dozens of bacteries, I have seen robots helping people without hands or legs, I have seen real miracles, and compared to those your silly fabules of sticks turned to snakes, food falling from the sky, and a man performing tricks in front of ignorant people, are nothing, science have proved to man that the mind of man himself knows no limits, and someday, your children of your children, will laugh, when reading your silly fabule, because they will be able to do the same thing that your god claimed to do, but thanks to science.

“God created you, and everything you have, everything you can imagine and you say things like “I hate him” “He’s not real” “That dumb @$$ doesn’t even exist!” Well, could you please respect our opinons. We have done everything possible to reach out to you, and try to invite you to the church of Christ, and you have done nothing but rant us out.”

- you inviting us to your church?, the most silly thing about your beliefs is that you think that salvations is a matter of numbers, like a lottery, the one with the most souls are going to win, and that is the most ridiculous statment that I have ever read, you are most concerned to save other souls than your own, well, it doesn´t matter, god does not exist anyway, so you will have no one to claim your reward for being the person with more souls in her account. you claim that your god is good, and find stupid answers to why then evil exists, my dear friend, personally I don´t believe in god, I don´t believe in the devil either, that is the reason of why I am never dissapointed.

RAmen

4. Keith says:

You obviously aren’t at a loss for words as you have expended several on us. All I can say to you Grace is: TOUGH! I can respect your opinions when you keep them to yourself but trying to force it down my throat only elicits a gag response. As for God bless, I’m not interested in your god. You came here to our site to lecture us, as have many others before you. It seems you feel that you have some divine right to do so. That is your opinion, not ours. Piss off and paddle your own canoe.

5. Loren Riddle says:

Fantastic article and actually will help with becoming familiar with the subject matter better.

6. Ian says:

Our interpretations of the term “I am lost for words” really vary.
    It usually means you can’t think of anything to say.
    RAmen

7. CieAura says:

Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever content and coverage! Continue the fantastic works everyone I have included you guys to my own blogroll! Anyway did you hear, regarding the Dalai Lama’s nephew was killed in US incident…

• Keith says:

What incident? I would have thought that if anyone was going to kill someone related to the Dalai Lama it would be the Chinese government. They have a knack of brutalising anyone who doesn’t agree with their dictatorship.

• Danimal says:

Yeah Keith! You show that Spam Bot who’s boss! ;)

8. Alchamire says:

My wife and I are both agnostic, and we respect other people’s views. We may not agree with the views of others, but we don’t try to sway them from their ways or preasure them to believe something else. However, when talking to mormons and various denominations of christians, we are always preasured, and told we are going to hell, etc, etc. We are constantly being persacuted because of our beliefs, but they are OUR BELIEFS! I don’t understand why organized religions have the mission of “spreading the gospel”. If people do not want to partake in your religion, why preasure them? Where is the mutual respect there? In fact, someone who used to be a dear friend of ours got violent towards us because we refused to go to church with them. It ended with him breaking one of our windows and slashing the tires on our car, followed by a lawsuit. He threw a raging fit because we did not want to go to HIS church and join HIS religion. Still he felt the need to force the will of his beliefs on us. Where is the respect that christians always preach about? From my experiences, “christians” that I have encountered have been the most close minded, violent, intolerant, and disrespectful religion towards anyone with diverse views. Maybe these people should stop being hypocrites and start being tolerent towards the views of others? Maybe then they can start talking about respect.