FSM on the Rachel Maddow Show

Published February 13th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Rachel Maddow talks about Darwin’s Birthday and the evolution – ID debate, and about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster:

157 Responses to “FSM on the Rachel Maddow Show”

1. Gregory J. Patton says:

As an ordained minister of The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster I would like to remind all doubters that God first & foremost has a sense of humor. Wisdom is where you find it. Some say my faith is a “joke religion”; not so! I’ve already performed my first weddings & have shared comfort & wisdom with many. All indeed are welcome to my congregation also. It is a colossal arrogance for anyone to claim a monopoly on the “Truth”! I’ve rediscovered my deep spirituality since joining & invite all comers! May the Pasta be with you all! Ramen!

Pastor Greg

2. sources says:

Hello there, i do think we noticed a person stopped at this web site therefore i got here to go back the need? . I am seeking to in finding concerns to further improve the web-site! I guess their sufficient to utilize a just a handful of a person’s principles!

3. เครื่องปั่นจักรยานออกกําลังกาย says:

A fascinating discussion is worth comment. I do believe
    that you need to write more on this issue, it might not be a taboo subject but
    usually people do not speak about these topics. To the next!

Many thanks!!

4. TeeQue says:

Yesterday, November 20th, 2015, I converted to FSM. I have been searching for something, I just didn’t know what it was until yesterday. I am Happy!

• Canoodle says:

Dear TeeQue, welcome aboard brother. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we’re going to, um, eat drink and be merry some more! To the bitter disappointment of the religious nut jobs the end of the world is nowhere in sight. Share your thoughts, have a laugh, it’s good to have you here.

5. Rasputin says:

Dear TeeQue, Ramen and welcome! Please visit us frequently. This is one of the funniest sites on the web. Plus it involves real insights into life, the universe and everything. Share and enjoy .

• Rasputin says:

Is TeeQue a bro or a sis?

• Canoodle says:

Dear Rasputin, Thank you, my hirsute Russian friend. My greeting made the unwarranted assumption that TeeQue was of the masculine persuasion. And since TeeQue spelled backwards is CuTie I almost certainly got it wrong. Bad me! My sincere apologies. I was due to speak at a prestigious local supermarket, (I was going to be asked if I had FlyBuys and answer ‘no’) but I have cancelled this engagement due to the controversy this has caused.

• Rasputin says:

Dear Canoodle, I don’t know whether YOU are a pirate lad or a pirate wench! All are welcome, including St. Gnocchi’s bisexual elephant.

• Canoodle says:

Dear Rasputin, Yes the message of the FSM is tolerance and love, celebrated with pasta and beer. As to my gender hope this link clears that up.

6. Rasputin says:

If you haven’t yet watched the excerpt from the Rachel Maddow Show, it’s worth going to Page 1 and clicking the buttons.

7. Saint Gnocchi says:

Three friends married women from different parts of the world…..
    The first man married a Greek girl.
    He told her that she was to do the dishes and house cleaning.
    It took a couple of days, but on the third day, he came home to see a clean house and dishes washed and put away.
    The second man married a Thai.
    He gave his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.
    The first day he didn’t see any results, but the next day he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.
    The third man married a girl from South Africa.
    He ordered her to do all the cleaning, dishes and the cooking.
    He said the first day he didn’t see anything, the second day he didn’t see anything either but by the third day, some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye and his arm was healed enough that he could fix himself a sandwich and load the dishwasher. He still has some difficulty when he pees.

• Keith says:

Ha ha! Good joke and good for South African girls!

• Canoodle says:

Dear Saint Gnocchi, Great joke and bravo to South African women. I was wondering if you had heard of Rodriguez? He was apparently popular there at the same time as Oz.

• Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Canoodle and Keith, I’m not sure about this, but that joke might be somehow connected to Eric Eagan? Anyway, I really laughed me socks off when it was told to me. I’m a Pasta who loves to laugh. And. I’m religious too, in a “kinda” way… What I class as a miracle is when I witness a but-a-few-months-old baby laughing. A tiny helpless, hapless scrap of Being who is moved to chuckle or laugh – think of the mystery/wonder! What agency is at work here? What is a baby “trying” to “convey” when it interacts in this manner with the towering, powerful people it finds itself surrounded by? Yup, when a baby eyes light up, then laughs, that is a Holy Moment for me. Not the other so-called “Miracles” Christians tout.

• Rasputin says:

The FSM is well known for His fondness of tickling babies.

• Saint Gnocchi says:

Dear Rasputin, Thank you, you are so patient with me. Hehee. I promise to finally bugger off on my holiday now and leave you guys to do your guys thing. But ‘strewth, this site is addictive, you guys are so damn brilliantly astute and funny. Cheers!

• Canoodle says:

Dear Saint Gnocchi, Have a super duper holiday my friend. I’ll be here doing guy stuff like cooking, cleaning and the dishes! And my wife isn’t even South African! Bon voyage!

• Keith says:

SG : I suppose you are already on holiday but like Canoodle I would like to wish you a very pleasant holiday.

8. Excelsior says:

Here are some Thanksgiving jokes I just heard. To make it more interesting I turned them into riddles.
    1-If April showers bring May flowers, then what do May flowers bring? Pi—– of course!
    2-Why was the Turkey arrested? For fo– play!
    3-What smells best at the feast? Your no– of course!
    4-What should you wear at Thanksgiving dinner? A ha- vest!
    5-If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be famous for? Their long a–!
    Don’t forget to give thanks to the FSM for giving us pasta and all it’s sauces to eat on Thanksgiving day and ice beer and rum to wash it down! Don’t forget that Thanksgiving is a Pastafarian festival. Ramen!

• Excelsior says:

The answer to the first question is not “Pirates”!

• Keith says:

1) Pineapples
      2) Football play
      3) Nosegay
      4) Hairy Vest
      5) Answers to your riddles.