205185 Views

FSM on the Rachel Maddow Show

Published February 13th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

Rachel Maddow talks about Darwin’s Birthday and the evolution – ID debate, and about the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster:

129 Responses to “FSM on the Rachel Maddow Show”

1. Steve Deasy says:

As an ordained minister of the Church, I am disappointed that she calls it “satire”. I mean, it is good press for FSM, but she obviously has not been touched enough by His Noodly Appendage which explains why she is is so tall (Maddow is 5’11″).

• Runiat says:

Well it would be brilliant for satire if you didn’t believe in it, and since most of the world population does not I guess that makes it satire. The FSM would approve, as I’m sure It has a great sense of humour.

• Saraqeal says:

i have officially given up on the human race after reading this today.

• Stuart says:

well there is 7 billion of us..so I guess we really didn’t need you anyway

2. Tom Bruise says:

As a born again Scientologist I very much fear that your fake FSM religion is nothing but a CULT. I shall pray for you oh suppressed ones.

• Tom Bruise says:

now please excuse me, i’m off to smoke me crack

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

According to the Onion, there’s a scandal in the Church of Scientology because of thetans being molested. What about that, Tom?

• Tom Bruise says:

Such baseless, unsubstantiated accusations amount to little more than pure libel my kind Sir & like most publications where an onion is involved bring tears to my eyes & acute gastric irritations. Let me assure you that the specimens concerned were not in fact thetans, but parasitic Mao-mao creatures from the galaxy of Epsilon Andromeda III that arrived on planet earth sometime before the second ice-age when that goddam sabre-tooth squirrel Scrat climbed the glacier to bury his acorn, but accidentally opened a hole in it.

We should be grateful that Frank D. Linehans stiff ministerial vigor & hard resolve landed them what they deserved; sore rear-end/not. If still in doubt pass by your local CoS for your complimentary auditing & rest assured everything will fall into perspective in no time at all.

Ah yes, & before i forget, bring $50 along with you as well.

3. Grahamtastic says:

You fools! Don’t feed the trolls!!!

• Clif says:

Yes FEED the Trolls …. pasta , …. so they will be enlightened or at least full of it.

RAmen

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Oh, the trolls are full of it, Cliff.

• Ariel says:

Hah! :D

4. Dalton says:

Trolls are placed to test faith, my friend. No need for the warnings.

5. Rich Peppin says:

Finally, a religion I can believe in. Plus I like spaghetti.

6. John Golden says:

Can I still be a member of good standing in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, even though I am gluten intolerant?

• Rev. Wulff says:

Yes, there is gluten-free pasta. Welcome aboard.

• Denis Ivanov says:

R’amen

• sarsah says:

not funni like at all………

7. Sarah says:

I cannot many people believe in this! This is nowhere near Jesus. I can not imagine how those people can live being called a follower of that thing!!!!!! This is how our world is slowly falling apart!! Just watch, only the smart people shall survive with dignity……

• SillyKiwiMan says:

Troll.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Sarah, the percentage of world population that believes in Jesus is 30%, and declining. SO why do you believe that it’s astounding to not believe in him? Because that’s what’s been drilled into you for so long?

• TiltedHorizon says:

“This is nowhere near Jesus.”

Actually I am close to Jesus. He lives across the street from me, he insists that I pronounce his name ‘Hay-Soos’ for some reason. He has the best looking lawn on the block, loves to brag about it too.

• Keith says:

Does he have Garden Gnomes and concrete Fly Agaric or Nativity Scenes?

• TiltedHorizon says:

You know him too? What a coinky-dink. See Sarah, that’s two people near Jesus. Shows what you know.

• Joyce says:

That’s not the Jesus I know. Jesus is this cute guy that used to take guitar lessons with me when I was in ninth grade. Too bad he rejected me because I was taller than him back then. I got to see him again in college, but I found someone else by then. That’s the Jesus I know.

• Keith says:

I keep wondering about the “smart people surviving with dignity” thing. Does this mean that people who are dressed up to the nines (eg. frock coats and celluloid collars) will be dignified when they survive, whereas people like me who will face the end wearing red noses and clown costumes will still survive but without dignity? Well, I’m all right with that because I like a good joke.

8. V. Michael Smith says:

All faiths are welcome in my congregation. We shall all Grok in oneness, gardeners and pirates as well.