For all the gods of the peoples are idols

Published January 5th, 2009 by Bobby Henderson

“For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the LORD made the heavens.” (1 Chronicles 16:26).

“You shall not make anything to be with Me – gods of silver or gods of gold you shall not make for yourselves.” (Exodus 20:23).

“What you have in your mind shall never be, when you say, ‘We will be like the Gentiles, like the families in other countries, serving wood and stone.’” (Ezekiel 20:32).

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Exodus 20:3 (Deuteronomy 5:7, Judges 6:10, Hosea 13:4″

-Jerry

231 Responses to “For all the gods of the peoples are idols”

1 27 28 29
  1. Keith says:

Doesn’t the “thou shalt have no other gods but me” end in “for I am a jealous god”? Seems a lot of people who quote this blah leave that bit out, as it shows him to be an insecure god.

2. theFewtheProudtheMarinara says:

Let me bring these old quotes up to date!
    “For ALL the gods of the peoples are idols”.

“You shall not make anything to be with Me – gods of silver or gods of gold you shall not make for yourselves.” In other words, Pope Coverup the 5th, address the child abuse without looking at your bottom line first.

“Christians and Muslims, what you have in your mind shall never be, so I say, ‘We will be like the Genoans, like the families in the old country, serving pasta and wine.’” (Olive Garden – say 12:30).

“There’s been too many gods already – why don’t we start living for each other?″

3. Ritchi says:

go read your new testicle and leave us alone

4. Ian says:

correct me if I am wrong, but does this apply to christians?
    Your argument is flawed in the respect that it doesn’t apply to us, muslims, sikhs, or greeks… just you and your sacrilegious views.

5. wpolscemamymocneseo says:

Just want to thank you for this great news. This is what I was looking for (Thanks Yahoo

6. state flags purchase says:

I found a site yesteday that appeared much similar to this, are everyone positive another person is not duplicating this website?

7. Joukahainen says:

Different people wrote something that is now written in some book. Why do you think it proves something? Because people buy the book (I’m not sure about reading it, however)? Well, people buy Twilight too and it’s still crap.

1 27 28 29