FSM at art show

Published December 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

For my senior art show at South Dakota State University, I set up an installation for the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It consisted of 8 intaglio prints and my giant FSM sculpture. I have attached a few of the photos from the show, which took place in 2006. The FSM is a soft sculpture, made from fabric, stuffing, and some wires. There were many people in attendance who had their photos taken underneath, touching the noodley appendages.

-Klaire

art1.jpg

art3.jpg
Worshippers.

art2.jpg
The artist Klaire Pearson with the FSM. Who created whom?

24 Responses to “FSM at art show”

1. Arg Sayer says:

The three kings in the middle picture seem to be in awe – overwhelmed by the noodly appendages. Well, the middle guy doesn’t seem to be taking it all that seriously. This is a magnificent idol. South Dakota State University is truly blessed to have it. RAmen. Arg.

2. Sam says:

I love that Klaire Pearson’s depiction captures the skeptical wonder with which I image FSM peers down on the world of his making. Such devotion and constructive use of one’s time is worthy of the honorarium “Pirate Captain.” All those in favor say “aye, aye captain.” After which she says “I, I captain indeed…” to accept the rank. Thus and yeah verily, I emphatically say Aye, Aye Captain. I salute you!
    Still in awe,
    SP

3. zevo hussein calamari says:

Wow! That is amazing work. Thank you for posting it. .. it is an inspiration.

You have been touched by his noodly appendage for sure
    ramen
    zevo calamari

4. Lizzie says:

Who’s the one wearing the Shawn Micheals shirt?

5. Barnacle Jayne says:

This needs to be a part of a holiday display somewhere. Hope you’ve carted it to your local city hall or state house lobby, where it can be enjoyed by even more people.

6. Koroshiya Itchy says:

His Holiness the FSM posing for the NASA photographers:

Merry FSMmas,

Koroshiya Itchy

7. piotr says:

Do you have more pictures of Klaire?

Does she have a web page?

8. Klaire says:

Thank you for the kind comments about my artwork! It took me a semester to make the sculpture, and my professors were delighted! The meatballs took a long time because I had to make patterns for the spheres, sew them, stuff them, and sew them together to achieve the meatball look. The noodles were also time-consuming, and they are all 10’ long! At the time I made this, I was also a secretary for the Geographic Information Science Center of Excellence, and I had many scientists visit my art show.