20282 Views

Many-armed creature predates dinosaurs

Published November 5th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

manyarmedcreature.jpg
Carbonaceous compression of many-armed creature – dates around 550 million years ago.

Discovery News reports the finding of a fossil formed around a many-armed creature. Dating shows that this creature was in the area hundreds of millions of years before dinosaurs existed.

The implications for Pastafarians are obvious: this is strong evidence that the FSM has been hanging around since time began, and created us all, including the dinosaurs.

There is no question the creature, believed to represent one type of animal, had a lot of arms. [...] The arms were tubular and in close contact with each other, but not joined.

26 Responses to “Many-armed creature predates dinosaurs”

1. Iron Mike says:

And there you have it. Scientific evidence of the FSM.

2. Zane says:

@Christian: Why are we still trying to “prove” evolution? We aren’t. A good scientist never goes about testing anything with the desired result in mind. They test something and then let the results determine what the best theory is. Now, it is true that sometimes we go into an experiment with and idea of what should happen. If I mixed sodium hydroxide with hydrochloric acid, I would expect to end up with salt water. But the reason I expect this is that many people have done this experiment before me and have come up with this result. Evolution has scientific evidence to back it up. DNA testing can show how related all life on the planet is, and we can observe changes in organisms that have short lifespans and therefore go through many generations in a short period of time.

The reason we object to ID, is that basically it says that things are too complicated to arise naturally so there must have been some sort of creator. Fine, you have the right to believe that, but that isn’t a testable claim. Whether it was a God or gods, or if aliens did it, we have no way of testing that so it cannot become scientific theory. And if it were aliens the question is simply postponed, because although we now have an explanation for us, we still don’t have one for the aliens that seeded life here, and so it goes up until we get to God, which is infinitely complex yet somehow doesn’t need a creator when all these simpler organisms do.

Anyways, onto your second point. Do I wish immortality? Of course I do. I’d love to live forever and not have to deal with death. If I could live forever, I’d have an infinite amount of time to learn and study and read. But I have no reason to believe that I will live forever, and that is why I treat this life as precious. As far as I know, I only have this life and I don’t want to waste it. Every other person who has died has either rotted in the ground or been cremated (with exceptions for other burial rites, but same idea), so that’s what is most likely to happen to me. What if I’m wrong? Then I’ll be pleasantly surprised to find that there is an afterlife after all, and if God is any kind of decent individual, then I’ll be judged upon what I did with my life, and not my lack of belief in the supernatural. Did you ever think that you might be wrong? That the Christian God doesn’t really exist and that there is either no god, or that it is Allah, Ra, Thor, Zeus (Jupiter), Druantia, Mider, Izanagi, Aizen-Myoo, Kane, Ouli, Anu, Labraid, Dewi, Gwynn Ap Nudd, Myrrdin, Belobog, Simargl, or Crnobog?

That’s a long list of gods, and I didn’t even mention them all, nor did I include any of the Aztec or Native American gods, nor did I include Austrailian Aboriginals or those from most of the world. These are just gods that originated in western Europe with a couple from Japan and Hawaii (Izanagi, Aizen-Myoo, Kane, Ouli). I’m sure all of those gods would be just as upset with you for not believing as your god is with me. Better start praying. You’ve got a lot of sucking up to do if you want to ensure your entrance into the afterlife.

Peace and Long Life,
    Zane

P.S. How come you attacked all the other missionaries but not me? I’m feeling a little left out by not being condemned to hell as well. :’(

3. darkstar says:

Jeez – christian does not GO AWAY! I will not be on my deathbed pondering anything except what a wonderful life it was. And I am not doing anything now except enjoying it cause it is the only one I have. And I sure don’t intend on wasting it with all your falsehood BS. Actually, now that I think about it, on my deathbed, I will order some spaghetti and contemplate all His Noodly Goodness! :)

4. Keyser Soze says:

To Christian,
    So (assuming your post was not irony or sarcasm) we should belive in your god so to live for ever? Mmmm, I don’t think it’ll work, mate.
    Repent now, so i’ll meet you in the beer volcano.

5. nicole says:

this is riducolous…were in the world did you people some up with this stuff…someone must really enjoy their spagetti…

6. Dabrock says:

@Christian,

“I am immortal, i am above death, for thou i die i live.” Really?

Simple experiment for you: Prove to all of us your immortality. While you’re at, get JC, Buddha, God, and any other cool autographs to conclusively prove your your place among deities. Get me a photo of hell, too. You did say say it was at the center of the earth, didn’t you? Bet it looks just like it does in the movies, huh?

Your diatribes against the FSM mock us true believers. How dare you deny our proof? There is a fossil of one of his spicy creations right here, and still you deny him! We have a book, dozens of sightings, PIRATES! Does the bible have pirates? Heck, naw! You can’t prove the existence of Captain Stigmata, but we have a chart! DAMN IT! Oh, the marinara of your stubbornness! Our Holy Mother, Mama Leone`, wants you to come under our Noodly Fold, but only if you let the FSM in.

P.S. The horrid blankness you speak of is what us men call “Dry Firing”. Stop jerkin yer’ gherkin and see a doctor.

7. Wench Nikkiee says:

Christian #8
    “I mean really, when we christians wanted to prove Creation, we opened a lab.”

Any chance of a reference to that “lab”, the research undertaken and published peer reviewed findings? Thanks :)

8. Bruno The Pig says:

I would just like to add Dagor to Zane’s list of gods because he is quite a cool god for spawning a short story by H.P. Lovecraft and being the basis of a brilliant game called Call of Cthulu. I urge everyone to play that.

If god is really so malevolent to send me to hell for living a good life, but not telepathically telling him my problems, and telling him I love him, then I really think I would prefer Hell. At least Satan is honest about his hate for all of us.
    As a wise man once said
    “If god is willing but not able, he is not omnipotent.
    If god is able but not willing, he is malevolent.
    If god is neither able nor willing, why call him god?”

Of course, if it turns out that there is no god, which is seeming increasingly likely, I will have lost nothing in posting this comment or living my life the way o want to.

P.S. I could rant on about the personification of evil (Satan) apparently spending his time torturing sinners but I’m tired and bored.