I’ve tried

Published November 11th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’ve tried giving evidence for God.
I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.
I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.
I’ve tried kindness.
I’ve tried condemning you.
I’ve tried offering you salvation.
My patience is expired with you all.
I have only one question for you all.
Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence. Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts. My God is great, He is kind, and He is forgiving. Yet still, you curse Him with every word. Everything He hates, you love. Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love! All you do to me is mock me. You never give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith. God warns that heathens offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying. I have offered you eternal life, and you have cursed me. I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do. I cry for you. I will weep in the presence of God because of you, and because i could not save of you a single soul. So, my sinful,fallen companions i leave you today with just one question. Why?
May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.
-Christian

381 Responses to “I’ve tried”

1. Ritchi says:

“I’ve tried giving evidence for God. I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God. I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell. I’ve tried kindness. I’ve tried condemning you. I’ve tried offering you salvation. My patience is expired with you all.”

what the fuck are you talking about? Thats like walking into a church and saying “I’ve tried many things to get you to convert to FSMism, and it has happened because I say so.

“Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence.”

We hate him ’cause tons of his followers use his name to inform us that being in love, (and pretty much everything that god’s followers aren’t comfortable with), is a sin and were going to hell for it, and all the while claiming he loves us.

“Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts.”

So you love the gays you tell are sinners for being in love, and you love us which is why you come here to piss on our religion and we hate everything because we dislike that.

“My God is great, He is kind, and He is forgiving.”

So great he kills almost all of his “children” and sends them to eternal damnation, and that makes him kind and forgiving

“Yet still, you curse Him with every word.”

The. There, that’s one word not cursing him.

“Everything He hates, you love. Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love!”

Yeah, he hates war so much he had his followers started the crusades.

” All you do to me is mock me.”

cant argue with you there

“You never give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith.”

Neither do you, and we have plenty of faith, that your god doesn’t exist,

“God warns that heathens offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying.”

The theory of gravity was created by a heathen, therefore it must be a lie

“I have offered you eternal life, and you have cursed me. I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do.”

If you telling us our belief is wrong isn’t cursing us, than how is us doing the same cursing you?

“I cry for you. I will weep in the presence of God because of you, and because i could not save of you a single soul.”

And I will do the same to the FSM for you.

“So, my sinful,fallen companions i leave you today with just one question. Why?”

Thank you for proving my point about how being different is a sin. Why? Because unlike you, we don’t believe an invisible man is going to make us burn for not being a jerk.

“May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.”

Yes, he is surely the one true god, it couldn’t possibly be Zeus, Ganesha, the FSM, ect. who are the true god

2. DarthFennec says:

Why does everyone assume that I hate your god? I don’t hate your god, I feel indifferent about your god. You ask me why I won’t be Christian? Why I won’t convert? Well, here’s one good reason why: BECAUSE YOU KEEP FUCKING BOTHERING ME ABOUT IT.

3. Ereshkigal says:

another comment :)

“I’ve tried giving evidence for God.”

- Again, your “God” is a word that comes from Odin, then, you are trying to give us evidence of Odin?, I mean, I really love the nordic stories and Thor and Tyr and Loki, they are beautiful designed gods, but then again, I don´t see why to believe in Thor when I already know what a thunderstrike is, perhaps I will have an illustration of Frei, some of them shows her as a true beauty :) but no, you haven´t give us evidence for Odin, and if you are talking of another divinity, please be more creative and give it a name of your own invention, don´t steal old words that make reference of Odin.

“I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.”

- I mean, you are a very easy target, again Odin?, he is too vengeful and bloody to give him a try, (well, your christian and jewish divinity is more vengeful, but well), the only benefict that I see is the fact that if I am a true warrior, in heart and mind, then I will get a valkyrie for wife, and that is not a very bad idea, but the other part, (fighting eternally in the cold and snow) is not my kind of reward, but, I can ask the FSM for a valkyrie for wife in heaven, leaving the cold business behind, surely he will grant my wish :D

“I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.”

- Stop with the nordic business, I can give you a full speech about Goddess Hel… let´s talk of your underworld, since you copy the idea from Hades, (including the lake of fire and the lava bursts), then it is a very interesting place to visit, and, since the bible holds the idea of an “inmaterial soul”, then how in the universe I´m going to get burned in simple lava and fire???, the greek idea explain that the fire of Hades comes from the wishes of Hades, and it is a spiritually one, but since you don´t believe in Hades, then your fire is a natural one, now, who is the real ruler of that world???, not Satan, your demon comes from the word devil, and diabolos, “wanderer”, and those are greek spirits, not your other demons like Belial, Baal, Beelcebu, because these are gods from other religions, and you don´t believe in them, the only true ruler of that world is the original one, Goddess Ereshkigal, and babilonians depicted her as a perfect beauty and a scientist!, now, where is your hell?, not below the surface, there is only molted stone, perhaps, in your close mind ideas, you will say that it is outside Earth, and the only place that resembles your hell is the moon Io, so… you are saying that I will be casted into the moon Io, with the beautiful scenario of Jupiter and all it´s moons, and with a woman that is a scientist and with an inhuman beauty??? (as Conan says… Crom!) I wanna be there!

“I’ve tried kindness.”

- A good point for you, but wasted trying to convince us of silly ideas

“I’ve tried condemning you.”

- Really???, ok, in this one I will use your own concepts to show you how misguided you are, if you say that you are condemning us, then you are saying that you have the power to cast us to hell, no one has the power to condemn another or cast another into oblivion, (Jesus said almost the same in one of his teachings, no man can condemn another, just the divinity), however, Pope Gregory IX said that in order to destroy heretics, he gave the power to condemn and punish the heretics to the Dominican religious order, if you are not from the Dominican order, then you have no power to condemn, and this statement made you an heretic, according to the inquisition, and writing by the Decretalium compilatio Gregorius IX Titulus III De Rescriptis…
    ok, ok, perhaps you will say “oh, but those were fanatics, I am a true christian and a faithful servant of God”, then my friend, you are saying that you can understand the bible and divinity better than the church, and that you can separate good from evil in your own church, and according to Bernard Gui: —”they say that if God had not provided the church with Brother Peter John or someone like him, the whole world would be blind or heretical. Again, they say that those who do not accept the teachings and writings of Brother Peter John are blind, because they do not see the truth of Jesus Christ; and those who reprove and condemn his doctrine are heretics. Again, they say Brother Peter John is the light which God sent into the world, and thus those who do not see this light walk in darkness. “— writing in the Inquisitor´s Manual, you are saying that YOUR beliefs are true christianity and the church is false, then again you are an heretic, and your hell is awaiting you, not me.
    I’ve tried offering you salvation.

“My patience is expired with you all.”

- You want a cookie?

“I have only one question for you all.
    Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence. Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts.”

- Wrong my friend, I don´t hate you or anyone, I hate ignorance and hypocresies, you can believe all you want about your church, but keep in mind the truth behind it, if you accept the fact that you divinity is instead and most probably Marduk, that most of your old testament is a copy of babilonian myths, that the divinity of Moses is indeed Aton, that you stole the words Zeus and Odin, that you cast many elder gods into your own funny hell, and you even distorted the teachings of Jesus, because his doctrine is indeed almost exact of those of Budha, and is almost sure that he studied in Lhasa under the teachings of the followers of Budha, then you will accept that your story is a false myth, that comes from many religions, yeah is fun, yeah is original in some aspects, yeah the divinity depicted in there is also funny, but you CAN NOT use it to destroy other cultures, to stop the advance of science, to destroy the human mind, because everyone here will be smashing you with all these truths, I personally don´t like the way that you use those stolen myths, and we are trying to stop you everywere we find you and your fanatic followers, because if you are so blind that you denied the historical facts, and use them to destroy science, then the next step to you will be start condemning books and ideas, then to fight between other religons, and even your own christian religions, fighting catholics against protestants, and doing whatever you please, because my friend, ignorance, hate, fanaticism, have forever existed inside man, and the only thing that they need to raise again is feed, and that feed is the ignorance of your bible, and then my friend, with horns and claps, you and your followers will throw all of us again to the glorious XVII century, where fanatics condemned Galileo, for the sole crime to give light, and reason to human mind.

“May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.”

- I see that you don´t even know what Jesus have tried to say in his teachings, let me illuminate you, because it seems to me that those ignorant minds of the year 30 AC have blinded you to the facts:
    there are a very known teaching of Christ, the Sermon of the Mount, there are the “golden paths” of your faith, Jesus talks of 8 steps “Mat 5:1″, let´s give a look:

Jesus: Only those of clean spirit may enter the kingdom of heaven
    then:
    Budha: Right Thought. We are what we think. Clear and kind thoughts build good, strong characters.
    Jesus: Those who mourn will be conforted.
    then:
    Budha: Right Speech. By speaking kind and helpful words, we are respected and trusted by everyone.
    Jesus: Blessed those of good spirit, they will be granted earth
    then:
    Budha: Right Effort. A worthwhile life means doing our best at all times and having good will toward others. This also means not wasting effort on things that harm ourselves and others.
    Jesus: Blessed those who seek Justice, they will have it
    then:
    Budha: Right Conduct. No matter what we say, others know us from the way we behave. Before we criticize others, we should first see what we do ourselves.
    Jesus: Those with good heart, will have the heavens.
    then:
    Budha: Right View. The right way to think about life is to see the world through the eyes of the Buddha–with wisdom and compassion.
    Jesus: Those with clean heart will see God
    then:
    Budha: Right Concentration. Focus on one thought or object at a time. By doing this, we can be quiet and attain true peace of mind.

Jesus spoke of 8 Blessings, Budha of the Noble Eighfold Path

Jesus spoke: Thou shalt not kill
    Budha: 1. No killing Respect for life
    Jesus spoke: You shall not commit adultery
    Budha: Proper conduct shows respect for oneself and others. Our bodies are gifts from our parents, so we should protect them from harm. Young people should especially keep their natures pure and develop their virtue. It is up to them to make the world a better place to live. In happy families, the husband and wife both respect each other.
    Jesus spoke: You shall not give false testimony
    Budha: Being honest brings peace into the world. When there is a misunderstanding, the best thing is to talk it over. This precept includes no gossip, no back-biting, no harsh words and no idle speech.

Jesus spoke: Those of right heart, those who follow the comandments, those of pure heart, will reach the kingdom of heaven
    Budha spoke: If you follow the Noble Path, then you will be free of death, free of the everlasting wheel of reincarnations, you will reach Nirvana, and you will become Brahma

Now, as you can see, I think that you really don´t understand even what really Jesus want to mean with his words, personally I believe that all of this is a beauty myth, now we have the moral capability to have a life full of merits and happiness without all these mumbo jumbo, but, please, don´t put words in the mouth of your own Jesus and worse of all, words that you can´t understand

Ramen

again sorry for bad english, not my native language :(

4. Feamelwen says:

Eeeeer … It’s laughable how you put “sex” with “war”, “hate” and such other things. I love sex, as do 98, 678% of world’s population. Even the christians secretly do, I’m supersure of it. (When they actually manage to get some …)

5. regi says:

This one sentence is a beautiful fallacy.

1. We hate God
    2. God did something
    3. We do not believe in God

We do not hate God for he does not exist.
    God did nothing, for else we would have to believe in him, because his actions would then prove his existence.
    But there is no evidence of him doing anything, and therefor, we do not believe in him existing.

6. Sydney says:

1: We do not hate your God. We simply don’t care about your god.
    2: Some of us do like your God.
    3: The reason I left Christianity all together is because the God is an evil hateful hypocrite. He says he loves us all, he says we should be good, but if someone DARES to be a little different, they are an abomination and deserve to be lashed and stoned. I can’t love a God that evil, just as I can’t love a man that evil. I left Christianity because I saw it as hypocritical and intolerant.

So, closing statement, Practice what you Preach. Christianity preaches love, compassion, and acceptance. You, however, are spreading hate and intolerance.

**Sender will never see this but I REALLY had to get that out.

7. Bob says:

Do you do this to other religions? And why are most of the complaints by Christians?

8. Keith says:

I did some searching for any posts prior to this one from this “Christian” character. I did not find any. The claim that he/she/it has “tried” numerous things seems to me to be a big fat lie.