I’ve tried

Published November 11th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’ve tried giving evidence for God.
I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.
I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.
I’ve tried kindness.
I’ve tried condemning you.
I’ve tried offering you salvation.
My patience is expired with you all.
I have only one question for you all.
Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence. Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts. My God is great, He is kind, and He is forgiving. Yet still, you curse Him with every word. Everything He hates, you love. Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love! All you do to me is mock me. You never give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith. God warns that heathens offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying. I have offered you eternal life, and you have cursed me. I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do. I cry for you. I will weep in the presence of God because of you, and because i could not save of you a single soul. So, my sinful,fallen companions i leave you today with just one question. Why?
May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.
-Christian

381 Responses to “I’ve tried”

1. Pheeleep says:

‘I’ve tried condemning you. . .
    . . . I do not curse you’

Just like the bible, he’s contradicted himself.

2. Amatangachichi says:

Your brainwashing has been completed

3. Char says:

May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.

Interesting, because if Jesus is god, how was he Jewish? Wasn’t there a religion he practiced BEFORE his death when Christianity was invented (100 years later by some random dude). … Jesus was a RABI of all things. It’s interesting how in Judaism, they don’t teach kids about the afterlife -probably because of these hypocrits it produces. No, I do not beleive in hell, I beleive in leaving a cycle. Hasn’t anyone ever noticed that history repeats itself? (Now over the internet. Wooooow.) It makes sense dude. Or at least it’s fun to beleive that when your best friend dies, they get to live on and make a difference in someone else’s life. You want to know how to get to whatever you think that “Heaven” is? Keep an open mind and find someone you aren’t a clone of and make friends with them.

4. CrudOMatic says:

“”"I’ve tried giving evidence for God.”"”

Conjecture, hearsay, “just because”, baby smiles, puppy farts, ancient books written by backward people, etc… does NOT evidence make. Solid CONCRETE evidence, like a smoking gun and a body in a murder trial – THAT is evidence. What you give isn’t.

“”"I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.”"”

He is also murderous, homicidal, genocidal, jealous, racist, hateful, homophobic, sexist, pushy and pissy. Yet he says he’s perfect. Sounds like a dickhead I used to be friends with. I don’t care HOW MANY benefits you list, I cannot in good will ally myself with a being like that.

“”"I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.”"”

I can describe the horrors of a place that doesn’t exist too. It’s called creativity. The bible is full of it. But I can describe the horrors of what belief in various Gods (including yours) have done to society. I can tell you of the endless cycle of bloodshed, enslavement and rape that religion has inflicted on the human race. THOSE THINGS ARE REAL.

“”"I’ve tried kindness.”"”

Yes and I commend you for it, but when asked for evidence you provide crap and get mad when people call you on it.

“”"I’ve tried condemning you.”"”

…that ol’ time religion, scare ‘em into submission. I don’t respond to threats very well.

“”"I’ve tried offering you salvation.”"”

By devoting my life to a delusion? I’d rather live in a cruel world with my sense of reality intact, than live in a cruel world under deep delusion.

“”"My patience is expired with you all.”"”

As has mine with you – especially the crap you pass off as evidence. Apparently you don’t understand what the word means.

“”"I have only one question for you all.”"”

Shoot.

“”"Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence.”"”

I can’t hate something that doesn’t exist, nor doubt it’s existence. But if you want to know – read my first answer to you. That sums up why.

“”"Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts.”"”

Wow. You need to get out more if the only thing you love is in a book of contradictions and hate. Which brings me to another point – WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ARE YOU? Do you just cherry pick the bible and skip the hateful, seething rage and gory murder and rape? Do you ignore the insanity?

“”"My God is great, He is kind, and He is forgiving.”"”

No, he is NOT. The easiest way to become an Atheist is to READ THE BIBLE – and don’t skip anything, or try to rationalize the brutality and hate. Actually READ IT. There is NO love in the heart of the Christian God. There is INFINITELY more love in the heart of FSM – and he isn’t real either! If he was, that would be an exemplar of a God to follow.

“”"Yet still, you curse Him with every word.”"”

No, I curse his followers – because he doesn’t exist. I curse them for the plague they have rendered unto my sweet race. For their love of hate, death and slavery. Even when you find a good Christian, all you have to do is dig a little and you can see the damage religion has done to them. They can be the sweetest person in the world, but there is always at least one thing that brings them to frothing rage.

“”"Everything He hates, you love.”"”

If by everything he hates, you mean: Love, Decency, Unity, Freedom, Understanding, Gentleness, Equality, Prosperity and Advancement – then you are right. God always wants to keep you down as a slave, to the point of even denying you your own nature that HE gave you, and forcing you to pretend to be something you are not, and never were… for the fear of hell. Shame is God’s #1 export.

“”"Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love!”"”

You don’t even fucking KNOW me, so stifle your tongue. You Christians always assume everyone who doesn’t share your views is a monster – when all you have to do is look in the mirror to see the REAL monster.

“”"All you do to me is mock me. You never give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith.”"”

What grade did you make it to in school? If you even came anywhere NEAR graduating then you would know that one CANNOT prove a negative. The one making the extraordinary claim (Sky wizard in the clouds!) has to PROVIDE THE PROOF. You have not provided anything near proof. Yet you try to say it is OUR responsibility to prove the thing does not exist. You know your argument is a sinking ship when you start demanding that people prove a negative. Classic Christian defense – then you claim victory. Funniest shit ever.

“”"God warns that heathens offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying.”"”

God offers freedom, pleasure and knowledge (lol) but does NOT provide it. He is a liar, you see. Maybe he was trying to tell you to watch out for HIM.

“”"I have offered you eternal life, and you have cursed me.”"”

I have not cursed you. I don’t believe in magic. Besides, eternal life is the best you got? Who in their right mind wants to live forever – especially in the company of such bastards as Jerry Falwell, JC and GOD – the ULTIMATE Bastard. I like FSM’s offer of eternal pasta better.

“”"I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do.”"”

BULLSHIT! That’s all Christians manage to get done!!! Of course, since we are not Christians, we have to be committing HORRID SINS!!!!!!! Look at the prison population, chappy. Barely 1% are Atheists – the vast MAJORITY are Christians. WHO is guilty of horrid sins now? EXACTLY. Look in the mirror.

“”"I cry for you. I will weep in the presence of God because of you”"”

SURE you do. Right.

“”"and because i could not save of you a single soul.”"”

I wouldn’t call a conversion to Christianity “Saving my Soul” – it would be damning my life. Souls don’t exist. Once again, PROVE that they do.

“”"So, my sinful,fallen companions”"”

When you assume, you make an ASS of U and ME. I don’t need a sky wizard, or the fear of eternity in hell to be a good person. You do. WHO is more moral?

“”"i leave you today with just one question. Why?”"”

Reread my first answer to you.

“”"May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.”"”

God doesn’t know mercy.

5. Matthew says:

“Freedom, pleasure, knowledge” …heh, sounds good to me!

6. Alex says:

Did he just try poetry?

7. Ritchi says:

this is what your god does http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d2zjdzf wake up and smell the coffee.

8. Keith says:

Christian says that he/she/it “has tried” (insert list) but has not referred to any previous postings to support such a claim. The whole thing is assertion without evidence from the start.
    Christian: If you want to do the “Oh mei miserum” thing find something worthwhile to complain about: eg. obscenely rich churches surrounded by poverty, or child abuse by these “men of god”, or wars started in your god’s name. There are so many things out there to complain about. Why stop with us?