I’ve tried

Published November 11th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’ve tried giving evidence for God.
I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.
I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.
I’ve tried kindness.
I’ve tried condemning you.
I’ve tried offering you salvation.
My patience is expired with you all.
I have only one question for you all.
Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence. Everything I know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts. My God is great, He is kind, and He is forgiving. Yet still, you curse Him with every word. Everything He hates, you love. Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love! All you do to me is mock me. You never give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith. God warns that heathens offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying. I have offered you eternal life, and you have cursed me. I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do. I cry for you. I will weep in the presence of God because of you, and because i could not save of you a single soul. So, my sinful,fallen companions i leave you today with just one question. Why?
May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.
-Christian

381 Responses to “I’ve tried”

1. Ode to a Grasshopper says:

Arr, fergot tae mention this…
    Have you tried critically examining your own beliefs?

2. Amaterasu says:

//I’ve tried giving evidence for God.
    Without success
    //I’ve tried telling you the benefits of God.
    I don’t see any benefit in hell.
    //I’ve tried telling you the horrors of Hell.
    AH ok. That’s why we don’t believe there’s a hell.
    //I’ve tried kindness.
    O Rly?
    //I’ve tried condemning you.
    //I’ve tried offering you salvation.
    //My patience is expired with you all.
    //I have only one question for you all.
    //Why do hate God so much,what did He do to you to make you doubt His existence. Everything I
    Ahm, why do you love him so much? And we doubt his existence because there simply isn’t any proof.
    //know, everything I love, is in a Book you hate with all your hearts. My God is great, He is kind, //and He is forgiving. Yet still, you curse Him with every word. Everything He hates, you love.
    Ah. He isn’t kind. (Hell?) He isn’t forgiving (burn forever?). We didn’t say we love what he hates. We don’t even know what he hates, if he does exist.
    //Sex,war,blasphemy,hate,mockery, even death you love! All you do to me is mock me. You never
    Nope we don’t love those things. Have we ever said that?
    //give evidence, you only call yourselves enlightened for your lack of faith. God warns that heathens
    Look at yourself smart boy.
    //offer freedom,pleasure,and knowledge, but they are lying. I have offered you eternal life, and you
    Who wants eternal live? That would be boring! I enjoy a beer volcano much more.
    //have cursed me. I do not curse you, nor your choices,nor any horrid sin you do. I cry for you. I
    Wait what?
    //will weep in the presence of God because of you, and because i could not save of you a single //soul. So, my sinful,fallen companions i leave you today with just one question. Why?
    //May Christ Jesus, The One True God, have mercy on you my friends.
    Ok now I’m confused. First you say we should be damned and now you say we’re friends.
    //-Christian
    YES! Another one that misses the point completely. Oh geez. Read the site, try at least try to understand and try to look what’s ridiculous with your believes before you criticize another believe.

RAmen

3. Timeline says:

There is no evidence for god.
    That isn’t how god works.
    A belief in god is an act of faith. Faith isn’t something you can prove. You believe or you don’t.
    You have your faith in your god. That’s nice for you. Now go live your life by your invisible friend’s club handbook. All the rest of us will be out doing something that doesn’t involve blind devotion to ancient doctrine that is clearly edited to allow a high level of social control.
    And just remember the next time you see a religious extremist doing something truly horrible to people that don’t believe exactly like he does, yeah…. He’s on your side in this argument.

4. The Soapmaker says:

What? His god is kind? He’ll cast us in pits of everlasting fire, simply because we tend to say: “No, i don’t think he’s real…”
    That’s not what I call kind. Kind would be a God who gave out cookies and would say while petting you on the head: “It’s okay, man, enjoy life.”
    A kind god would not torture disbelievers, would he?

5. FF says:

Hey, I don’t like death THAT much. By the way, Jesus is our god? Did his dad die or something?

6. Sandgorper Mat says:

Then you are blind.
    The god i know took the one person keeping my family toogether.
    The nicest person in my family at that.
    And her death was terrible and she suffered for 5 years prior.
    She believed in him, yet he allowed her to suffer.
    Why must god keep the evil on this planet and take the good?
    He allowed Hitler to live and die by his own hands. Over 3million died because of him. Some sufferd in that process.
    God enjoys taking the good for himself and keeping the rest of us hear, to suffer by the hands of the evil. Those of us never given a chance to choose a side. Too good to be evil, blinded by too much hate to be good.
    I will not worship an evil god. The god of the bible.

If god hates sex then why would he make it feel good?
    If he hates war then howcome human history is soked with spilled blood? “He rested on the seventh day, mabey thats the day he should have spent on compasion and love for your fellow man”- Patch Adams.
    If he hates blasphemy then why doesn’t he come down and do something about it?
    He hates hate??? Irony.
    He hates mockery, which is all bible persons know, hell, the bible is a riddle which answer is mockery.
    He hates death… Then why did he make it?

I give people plenty of evidence against him yet you fuckwitts have your head so far u his ass you cannot see my evidence.

7. Chris says:

C’ya don’t let the door hit you on your way out

8. Jimmy-Bob says:

‘May Christ Jesus, The One True God’

1. According to your bible: ‘Christ Jesus’ is the son of your god.
    2. That single comment has just insulted roughly 4.6 billion people.