badges

Published November 30th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

button1.jpg

button2.jpg

Just wanted to let you know, while i was out and about at the Rundle St markets yesterday, in Adelaide, Australia, i stumbled across a pair of lovely wenches sharing badges – and to my great amazement and joy, among the throng of treasures was a badge displaying the symbol of the great and mighty FSM Himself.

Naturally i had to buy it, and when i approached one of the wenches she, recognising me as a fellow Pastafarian, greated me warmly and drew several other devotional badges to my attention.

It’s just so good to know that wherever we are, a fellow Pastafarian is not far away.

Ramen.

Kim

14 Responses to “badges”

1. rdiac, Sydney says:

Wait Up, this is really cool an all, but shouldn’t these jolly wenches have devoted some treasure to our prophet, his word, and his works? We have copyright and trademarks (Yarrr, booty is more the coin for those who’re aginst it) in Australia, in spite our last (Red state) government. Any word on the contribution to the FSMs preferred charities?

2. cycle_dyke says:

Badges? We don’t need no stinking badges!

3. Onotheo says:

I will someday obtain myself one of these as a level two gesture of acknowledgment of the Sphagdeity. So as to remind him that I am thinking of him and gain his favor. Visiting this site once in a while is level one. There are several levels more upwards. You could only imagine what they are. :D

4. C-Los says:

That is AWESOME!!!

5. Pastafreemason says:

theres more of us in Adelaide? I was starting to think I was the only one!!!

6. BlackBard says:

Attempted to post this on Dec 1st, but it didn’t appear, so here it is again (or not).

Now I be mighty confused, mates. ‘Ere we have ourselves a real dilemma. Those wenches seem to be in direct conflict with the Prophet’s wise words o’ commerce (see link and quote below). And yet, the very same Prophet, himself, be the one what put up those pictures!

What do ye make o’ that, lads?

Q: Acceptible use of content?
    A: It’s ok with me if you’re using the FSM images/content as long as it’s not for profit, and you’re doing it to further the Cause of the church. I.e. printing out FSM propaganda materials and distributing them is ok (and encouraged). Making FSM t-shirts, selling FSM merchandise, etc. is NOT OK.

RAmen

7. Jordan says:

omg, where do you get those buttons?? I looked in the shop, didn’t see them… My mom’s still Christian, so she’s getting me Christmas presents, and I want some buttons :D!!

And to all you Christians out there, I could be completely wrong, but… Does your God have a name? Muslims might say “Allah” or whatever, but ask a Christian who their God is, they just say “Um… God?” “God” is a semi-common name, nowadays. There was someone who murdered someone named “God” on the news a month or two ago. Now I could be completely wrong on ALL of this, but seriously, learn what you’re talking about… for CHRIST’s sake :D lol

Allah gets a name, Jesus gets a name, Satan gets a name, why doesn’t yours get a name? the FSM needs no name, there is only one of him… or her?

RAmen.
    ~(§_§)~

8. Kimby says:

Pastafreemason, there are indeed many of us in Adelaide!!!

Jordan, his name IS Flying Spaghetti Monster.

I worried about the copyright laws, too. In those several large bowls of badges, there were only two that were devoted to the FSM.

I suppose it depends on what is more important – protecting copyright or spreading noodly love?