I can’t believe you have spent so much time

Published October 12th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I can’t believe you have spent so much time being sarcastic about how stupid you think faith in God is. People who have faith are not crazy, dillusional, or using religion as a crutch. I’ve heard it all. I don’t understand why people like you make fun of the single concept that believing in God comes down to–love. That’s all it’s really about. Making a mockery of something people feel passionate about is kind of a waste of time. I feel bad that you have gotten yourself so deep into this FSM thing and are surrounded by people who agree with you. Some things don’t have to make sense to you to be true.

I believe in what the Bible offers me because it all has a single underlying message: to be a pure and loving person. Although I’m not always, I want to strive to be…and this makes my life happier.

Someday you will come to a point where you’ll know the Truth. And you may not believe me now, but I’m just trying to help you…the day that you die, if you find yourself afraid and alone, just call out to Jesus. Just remember this.

p.s. check out George G, Ritchie’s Return From Tomorrow.

Love,
Carolyn

164 Responses to “I can’t believe you have spent so much time”

1. Franko says:

Had a few minutes and couldn’t resist untangling the “George G(comma) Ritchie’s Return,” etc., business. Here’s what’s on Amazon: “From the Back Cover,
    “One man’s astonishing walk through the doorway of death When a young soldier named George Ritchie landed in an Army hospital with pneumonia, he had no idea of the uncharted journey he was about to take. Days later, barely comprehending his own death, he stepped out of the physical world and entered eternity. In this riveting and detailed story, Ritchie describes a series of “worlds” he visited–some hellish in their separation from life, some glorious in their heavenly brilliance. But overshadowing all was his longing to stay in the blazing presence of Jesus. Stunning and memorable descriptions make this one of the most amazing accounts of life after death ever written. This glimpse into the realm beyond can change forever your understanding of the world beyond our own. George G. Ritchie has served as president of the Richmond Academy of General Practice; chairman of the Department of Psychiatry of Towers Hospital; and founder and president of the Universal Youth Corps, Inc. He lives in Virginia.”
    Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_G._Ritchie
    What FUN His Noodliness constantly provides!

2. Zack882 says:

You know it’s funny. We think the same thing about you.

Also: I’m sure you would like to think your full of love. That’s why you love everyone into war right? Because that’s not hypocritical at all

3. someguy says:

“Would you see yourself with images of sharing positive and happy emotion with others that isn’t based on making fun of Religion?”

Are you saying that bobby never has fun without making fun of religion? I don’t want to make assumptions, ut he probably has a life other than this.

4. Grated Cheese says:

Carolyn,

Kindness and empathy are not trademarks of Christianity. Or are you suggesting atheists can’t feel love?

5. ObscurePasta says:

You know whats funniest about this, the way its signed love Carolyn, considering the content its practically schizophrenic to say love at the end o.O
    Carolyn:

I can’t believe you have spent so much time being sarcastic about how stupid you think faith in The Flying Spaghetti Monster is. People who have faith are not crazy, dillusional, or using religion as a crutch. I’ve heard it all. I don’t understand why people like you make fun of the single concept that believing in The Flying Spaghetti Monster comes down to–love. That’s all it’s really about. Making a mockery of something people feel passionate about is kind of a waste of time. I feel bad that you have gotten yourself so deep into this God thing and are surrounded by people who agree with you. Some things don’t have to make sense to you to be true.

I believe in what the FSM offers me because it all has a single underlying message: to be a pure and loving person and to live life to the full and eat spaghetti. Although I’m not always, I want to strive to be…and this makes my life happier.

If you were to see a slideshow of your entire life, would you truly feel pride? Would you see yourself with images of sharing positive and happy emotion with others that isn’t based on subtly insulting others who do not share your faith?

Someday you will come to a point where you’ll know the Truth. And you may not believe me now, but I’m just trying to help you…the day that you die, if you find yourself afraid and alone, you will realize that there is no god, and that your hope of the afterlife has been crushed.

Love, Obscure Pasta
    RAmen

6. MAN says:

Well, I made a pretty funny fart joke in grade four once. I AM PROUD.

7. Anon says:

Have you read your bible?
    It tells you to take slaves from neighboring states and treat those that the big G doesn’t like as less than vermin.
    If you’ve got a skin disease, it says that you should get shut out by your society.
    ._.;
    Very pure and loving. Mhm.

8. fluffy says:

“If you were to see a slideshow of your entire life, would you truly feel pride? Would you see yourself with images of sharing positive and happy emotion with others that isn’t based on making fun of Religion?”

Pride? Hell yeah! especially that fun trick I just mastered on my board the other day. I’ve been trying to figure it out for weeks, and then I just had it. I was going off the stairs and tried it, for the hell of it, you know, and it WORKED. I was so happy! I got, what, ten hi-fives.