I can’t believe you have spent so much time

Published October 12th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I can’t believe you have spent so much time being sarcastic about how stupid you think faith in God is. People who have faith are not crazy, dillusional, or using religion as a crutch. I’ve heard it all. I don’t understand why people like you make fun of the single concept that believing in God comes down to–love. That’s all it’s really about. Making a mockery of something people feel passionate about is kind of a waste of time. I feel bad that you have gotten yourself so deep into this FSM thing and are surrounded by people who agree with you. Some things don’t have to make sense to you to be true.

I believe in what the Bible offers me because it all has a single underlying message: to be a pure and loving person. Although I’m not always, I want to strive to be…and this makes my life happier.

If you were to see a slideshow of your entire life, would you truly feel pride? Would you see yourself with images of sharing positive and happy emotion with others that isn’t based on making fun of Religion?

Someday you will come to a point where you’ll know the Truth. And you may not believe me now, but I’m just trying to help you…the day that you die, if you find yourself afraid and alone, just call out to Jesus. Just remember this.

p.s. check out George G, Ritchie’s Return From Tomorrow.

Love,
Carolyn

164 Responses to “I can’t believe you have spent so much time”

1. stogoe says:

You…haven’t actually read that Bible of yours, have you?
    It’s okay, we’re not upset. It happens to a lot of people.

2. Eaver says:

I just love how they all miss the point that we aren’t even really mocking it. We’re mocking how seriously they apply it to everything, and try to force it on others. God can be a bitch sometimes, but Flying Spaghetti Monster is pretty lax.

3. Earthbreaker says:

See I like this kind of Christian, they’re just trying to be nice :)

But they have missed the point, the FSM was originally to have a dig at children being force-fed intelligent design…and due to the crazed reactions of religious people, a lot of people have just started having fun!

It’s like teasing someone, and not stopping because they react so hilariously!

4. kevin says:

fuck you fsm believers. go to hell and then realize the shit.

5. Can You Beleive Some People? says:

I shall not mock you, for that is not the point of this website. I actually think that what you wrote was quite beautiful. The problem is that you DON’T UNDERSTAND. You say you have heard it all. Well, have you realized that some of us aren’t making fun of YOU. (there are those who are, and they just don’t get it either, sorry for that). Anyway, I am not insulting your religion, I am merely looking at the flaws of ALL religion. I am happy, though I have no faith. I am not an atheist, nor am I any other religion or faith (although atheism isn’t a faith). It’s hard to comprehend, but I currently have no faith, and rather than completely ignoring religion, I have plunged head first into it, exploring every angle on it. I CAN look back on my life and find joy, I do not need a god for that. Remember, I do not mock your religion, but rather analyze them all.

6. Dan says:

Kevin (#148), thanks for putting the ‘Fun’ and ‘mentalist’ into ‘fundamentalist’. I’m laughing at your mental dellusions, not with them.

7. Noodlicious says:

Aww..kevin @148 needs a hug. Sending a big Noodley group hug out to you Kev.

8. Ninj says:

Some things don’t have to make sense to you to be true.
    -I think that it’s time for someone to start heeding their own advice.

-Then apparently pure and loving people go out and fight wars over who has the better invisible friend.

Someday you will come to a point where you’ll know the Truth.
    -We already know the truth, and it is the FSM.