I can’t believe you have spent so much time

Published October 12th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I can’t believe you have spent so much time being sarcastic about how stupid you think faith in God is. People who have faith are not crazy, dillusional, or using religion as a crutch. I’ve heard it all. I don’t understand why people like you make fun of the single concept that believing in God comes down to–love. That’s all it’s really about. Making a mockery of something people feel passionate about is kind of a waste of time. I feel bad that you have gotten yourself so deep into this FSM thing and are surrounded by people who agree with you. Some things don’t have to make sense to you to be true.

I believe in what the Bible offers me because it all has a single underlying message: to be a pure and loving person. Although I’m not always, I want to strive to be…and this makes my life happier.

If you were to see a slideshow of your entire life, would you truly feel pride? Would you see yourself with images of sharing positive and happy emotion with others that isn’t based on making fun of Religion?

Someday you will come to a point where you’ll know the Truth. And you may not believe me now, but I’m just trying to help you…the day that you die, if you find yourself afraid and alone, just call out to Jesus. Just remember this.

p.s. check out George G, Ritchie’s Return From Tomorrow.

Love,
Carolyn

164 Responses to “I can’t believe you have spent so much time”

1 2 3 21
  1. Aesi says:

Another misguided fool. Read. READ!
    We do not poke fun at any religions that do not deserve it. We may occassionally poke fun at certain followers of religions that deserve to have fun poked at them, but they deserve it too. :P

2. Cardinal Linguine says:

Sorry Carolyn, but people who believe in religion are sometimes crazy, always delusional, and frequently use it as a crutch. And no it does not come down to love – it comes down to believing in something that is not real and is just plain nonsense. Making a mockery of it is not a waste of time if it means that others will not be sucked in by the delusional nonsense that religion peddles. Oh and also, you do not need religion to be a pure and loving person – it is very easy to do that without religion of any sort.

ramen

3. PonchoVilla says:

So why don’t you just call love instead of god? And if some things don’t have to make sense to be true: I’m god. Worship me!

4. PonchoVilla says:

Besides, if you torture a man long enough, he’ll say anything you want. If you make him desperate enough, he’ll believe anything you want.

5. merinoso says:

i agree with religion when it comes to loving people and having hope during life
    but that is the only good part of religion, the other part promotes intolerance, discrimination, it gives power to certain people and it wants to replace science like if it were a bad thing

6. The Evolved Ape says:

You should do a little research into Christianity and then you would discover the truth.

7. DavidH says:

I may indeed call on Jesus just before I die. If, for example, I fall from a high building and see the ground coming up, I may indeed shout, “Oh, fucking Jesus!” On the other hand, I might cry, “Bollocks!”, meaning much the same thing. Neither will help much.

8. tris says:

Hello Carolyn
    I can’t believe you have spent so much time implying how stupid you think faith in the Spaghetti Monster is… We’ve heard it all on this site. I don’t understand why so many people can’t understand the single concept that believing in the Spaghetti Monster is FUN. That’s all it’s really about. Criticising something we people feel passionate about is kind of a waste of time my dear Carolyn!
    I feel a bit sad that you have gotten yourself so deep into this God obsession thing and are (probably) surrounded by people who believe the same stuff and don’t give you a chance to explore any other ideas. Of course I respect your right to limit yourself mentally and spiritually, just as I respect the right of smokers to kill themselves slowly!
    We on this site pretend to believe in the Spaghetti Monster (and intelligently discuss various ideas connected with science and faith) because it makes our lives fuller, funnier and happier. If we were to see a slideshow of our lives most of us would see ourselves sharing positive and happy emotions with others (also occasionally making fun of the wacky and fanatical aspects of religion)!
    Most of us are trying to find the truth (without a capital T!) but we don’t think a guy called Jesus who maybe never existed and even if he did exist died a horrible death 2000 years ago can give us it (nor can the guys who distorted his ideas in the following centuries in order to gain money, power and oppressive control). I think that the day that I die I’ll call out to a doctor (if I can still speak!) and if I find myself afraid and alone I call up a sympathetic friend for a chat (not a poor guy who was brutally killed 2000 years ago for trying to be nice to people). Just remember this!
    I am glad you were so polite in your email and didn’t use the usual Christian insulting tone, I’m sure you are a nice person and I respect your views, but please respect ours too (let’s live and let live, baby!)
    Love from Tris