I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians

Published October 31st, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians. It is obvious by your website. You can deny God all you want but he will not deny you. You can hate God but he loves you. You can say all you want that there is no God, but you can’t say I don’t exist just because you have never physically seen me either.

God himself stated in the Bible that HE is Spirit, does not have a physical body. That is why HE said himself do not create any images and worship it because we have no idea what God really looks like.

I was saddened by your website. I do not know your history and why you are so bitter and angry but I hope you would at least try to ask God if He is for real, then somehow show you He really does exist. God himself stated in the Old Testament to Moses who also said he wanted to see God, if Moses was to actually see God face to face, he (Moses) would die due to God’s holiness, BUT God did pass by, covered Moses eyes, then removed his hand so Moses can at least see God’s back. Even with that Moses face glowed from seeing God’s holiness.

Christianity requires faith of the unseen. The conviction comes to the heart.

If hope you are opened enough to at least consider what I am saying. Do not stereotype Christians. We are not all the same. We are not all condemning or judgemental. We are not all closed minded.

-Soo

269 Responses to “I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians”

1. FOM says:

Christian Cliche #4

“SALVATION IS OBVIOUSLY A VERY SORE SUBJECT FOR YOU – YOU ARE SO FULL OF HATE AND CONTEMPT”

Your arguments against born again fundamentalism make sense. I’ll have to change the focus of our discussion.

Christian Cliche # 5
    “SOMEONE IN THE CHURCH MUST HAVE CAUSED YOU A GREAT DEAL OF HURT FOR YOU TO FEEL THIS WAY”

You couldn’t have possibly left Christianity just because you studied the Bible and you think you found inconsistencies and errors in it.

2. Halibut Pirate says:

Hello, Soo. It’s refreshing to see someone who doesn’t agree with the Pastafarians being polite and respectful in addressing them, and I’d like to thank you for that. Religious and areligious people alike can sometimes forget their manners, given the anonymity of the Internet. You seem to think that the reason many of us aren’t Christians is because we’ve had bad experiences with the Church or with its followers. In many cases, this may be true. However, a lot of Christians give this “bad experience” demographic too much attention. People can and do reject Christianity (or any religion) based on purely intellectual examination. Reading the Bible for myself and not relying on anyone else to tell me what it said was the event that turned me into an atheist. I used to have that faith in the unseen that you mentioned, and it hurt to lose it, but taking a good, hard, independent look at the Bible drove me away from Christianity once and for all. I’m not bitter at all; in fact, I’m happier than I ever was before. So please, Soo, I ask you not to chalk up all unbelief to bitterness and bad experiences. Some of us come by it more honestly and maturely than that. That said, let’s be happy together as people, recognizing and tolerating each other’s harmless differences.

3. boydman says:

I’m wondering how Moses could know it was God for certain, if he wasn’t allowed to see him. It could have been Don Rickles in drag, for all we know.

4. Raist says:

So your god doesn’t have a physical body… but apparently he has a back that he can show to moses? I just love these contradictions. I at least give you credit for not cursing us out and at least being calm about it, but that still does not excuse stupidity.

5. John says:

First off, let me thank you for not wanting me to be tortured for all eternity. Second, as has been stated before, not all Pastafarians are atheists. I’ve considered myself a Pastafarian even when I was Catholic, although I am an atheist now.
    In your letter, you say that I cannot claim you don’t exist simply because I never met you. As a matter of fact, I know for certain thatyou exist simply by the fact that you sent this e-mail. However, I cannot kow if you are who you say you are. You could be Soo, or Ashely, or Bobby Henderson, God himself, or even a bouncy ball that just bounced on the correct keys. The possibilities are endless. It is implied in your letter that you are Christian, but if you are just a bouncy ball, you of course are not Christian. Similarly, we know that God’s followers do at least exist because they left us the Bible, but we don’t know that what they say in the Bible is true. It could all easily be made up, or maybe God did exist but was really just some stupid drunk in town.

6. Redford says:

Yes, I can’t be sure wether you exist or not, but your letter is a dead giveaway, don’t you think? But God never answered me. I asked a lot of questions some years ago, but I got no answer, so I thought, ‘What the heck, let’s talk so some other diety’. And that didn’t work either, but that’s another story.
    And the calmness and grammar of your letter is pretty boring by the way. If you say, we are crazy you should say it in a funny way, making a fool of yourself in the process.

Ta Ta, T

7. Wdabrock says:

If you really loved your god, he would let you eat(partake) him everyday with a nice bottle of red on the side. There is nothing wrong with the christian god, but he doesn’t have an afterlife with beer volcanoes and strippers.
    Honestly, its all about your belief system. If a website that exalts pasta and evolution is enough to shake your faith, then you really have NO faith at all!

RAMEN!

8. Fogey says:

I am beginning to think there is some xian group that makes it a sacred duty to send us posts that stop us from our sacred duty to drink beer because we feel moved to reply at great length. I am sure that this insight is a divine revelation and proof of the power of his noodley appendage, and I’m off up the pub. Soo, maybe I’ll see you there. It’s better than church, honest.