I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians

Published October 31st, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians. It is obvious by your website. You can deny God all you want but he will not deny you. You can hate God but he loves you. You can say all you want that there is no God, but you can’t say I don’t exist just because you have never physically seen me either.

God himself stated in the Bible that HE is Spirit, does not have a physical body. That is why HE said himself do not create any images and worship it because we have no idea what God really looks like.

I was saddened by your website. I do not know your history and why you are so bitter and angry but I hope you would at least try to ask God if He is for real, then somehow show you He really does exist. God himself stated in the Old Testament to Moses who also said he wanted to see God, if Moses was to actually see God face to face, he (Moses) would die due to God’s holiness, BUT God did pass by, covered Moses eyes, then removed his hand so Moses can at least see God’s back. Even with that Moses face glowed from seeing God’s holiness.

Christianity requires faith of the unseen. The conviction comes to the heart.

If hope you are opened enough to at least consider what I am saying. Do not stereotype Christians. We are not all the same. We are not all condemning or judgemental. We are not all closed minded.

-Soo

269 Responses to “I am sorry you have been hurt by Christians”

1 29 30 31
  1. nun sequitur says:

anyone c the movie ‘soul surfer’? AMAZING girl…

even MORE amazing, an entire auditorium gave a deafening clapfest to her assigning her survival & success to Jesus…WHERE was J during the SHARK ATTACK? The DOCTORS & FAST, smart response by those with her when the attack happened, THAT is what saved that dear person. if there was a fsm involved, it was not mentioned…

• nun sequitur says:

& PROBABLY her sheer will to survive…that helps.

..& am NOT suggesting an alternative to cheering her was booing, or silence, either!

if i were there, id probably have clapped to be of support, even if i do not entirely agree…with premise.

i reccomend that tho…the film, soulsurfer. that girl can surf something fierce.

• nun sequitur says:

THAT is even harder to ammend..when the message comes via someone so clearly smart & endearingly sweet.

• nun sequitur says:

Not that it matters!!!

• nun sequitur says:

ended up in another window, AGAIN.

…my thoughts, don’t.

Her message matters, & ALOT, 2 many…

2. nun sequitur says:

….my thoughts, don’t.

her message, matters ALOT & 2 many…

3. vicks says:

Always remember we fall God daily and fail each other. We all have been hurt at one time or another and perhaps not knowing have hurt others ourselves. It is by his grace not by anything we do. We all have fallen short of the glory of God and God grant us a heart of compassion and wisdom to show kindness to others. And when someone is hurting to treat them gently like someone with a broken arm. It is not by your words but by your actions how people will see a glimpse of Christ in your life. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAOlNaZ3mIY

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Talk about failing: Jesus supposedly came down to save mankind, but 2,000 years later, after never getting over 33% converted, Christianity seems to be slipping quickly. In another hundred years there will only be pockets of believers. FAIL.

Then again, Islam’s percentages over 1,500 years is even worse.

• The Reverend Toni Rigatoni says:

I watched the video vicks, what the heck was it all about? Stock pictures of various artists impression of what Jesus may have looked like if he existed, pictures of people looking forlorn and possibly wondering why Jesus had overlooked them when in their despair and the most appalling discordant vocals I have ever heard – hardly convincing is it?

Do you fail god daily? No of course you don’t, he’s a loving and forgiving god isn’t he? Oh no, I just read the other bit where it says he is a vengeful, hateful, misogynistic bully. In any case if it is as you say ‘by his grace and not by anything you do’, why try to change it? After all, it’s his fault not yours; and how can you qualify that as a ‘grace’? Do we fail others? We are only human so of course we fail others from time to time, you can’t please all of the people all of the time, but if you live your life to humanistic values and principles you can’t go far wrong. Humanist principles give us knowledge, humanist values grant us a heart of compassion. Humanistic actions make us a great deal more Christ-like than than a bunch of brainwashed idiots waving their arms in the air and shouting hallelujah! When I’m presented with someone with a broken arm I fix it using scientific and humanistic principles, I will also place a metaphorical arm around them and give them succor and comfort, is that not Christ-like? It’s been said many times, ‘One pair of hands doing is worth a thousand praying’. I’m not alone vicks, this isn’t about me, this about defending the millions of people that are doing good things in a million different ways every minute of every day and doing it because it is the right thing to do not because they are trying to appease a god that will never be satisfied. He never will be satisfied because he doesn’t want you to feel good about yourself ’cause that’s dangerous to his well-being; if you start feeling good about yourself vicks, you might not need him anymore and his power over you will cease to exist. Finally, do you wanna know who you are really failing? YOU that’s who; you fail yourself not because you fail god but because you believe it is important NOT to fail god. Despite admitting that it is his doing you still believe you have failed him and that is how he gets you, by trapping you into a vicious cycle of unworthiness and submission that leaves you with no alternative but to keep on feeling unworthy and submitting in the futile hope of redemption.

I don’t actually know what your post was meant to achieve but thanks for posting anyway.

May the Sauce be with you and may you find the One True God, our Noodly Master, the FSM.

The Reverend

• TiltedHorizon says:

“Always remember we fall God daily and fail each other.”

There is no “we” here. There is you, who thinks one needs to be ‘good’ to appease a vengeful creator, then there is me, who thinks being ‘good’ is simply the right way to advance a civil society. In being good to others, unmotivated by promises of heaven or threats of damnation, I meet the definition of selflessness while you don’t. Any good one does under the influence of religious faith is suspect.

If you want to preach, get a church, if you want me to come to then you god will need to explain to me how you eliminated all world’s faiths from contention and how your faith does not fail when the same standards are applied.

• Drained and Washed Clean says:

I would prefer people to look at my life and say “She lives a good life and is a good person, and she doesn’t believing in a god. Being a good person does not require a religion.”

4. Keith says:

I cannot fall (fail?) something when I do not recognise its existence. As for compassion and kindness, I do not need the fear of supernatural retribution to govern my attitudes. I watched the video and almost ended up with diabetes. It was like watching a Disney film while eating honey coated sugar cubes.

• Mal says:

Ha, your comments almost make me want to watch the video. Almost.

Oh well.

• Sloth says:

The first sentence needs to be written before the comments section so the christians will stop with their pointless threats.
      “God loves you no matter what, but he’ll still make you suffer for eternity in hell if you dont blindly follow him”
      Ah,
      logic….

5. Momyr Andersson says:

Your Christian God cannot love anbody since he does not exist.

And if he does proove it. If you do i will be a Christian such as yourself.

But i know the one true God. The FSM will bless me with his Noodley Appendages.

• Thestranger says:

Now, it is wrong to outright say god doesn’t exist, Momyr Andersson. However, I do agree with you. If god is all powerful, why cant he make us strong enough to resist his ” holy glow”? If he can not even show us proof of his existence, why let him be god? That’s like having a president that no person has seen, claims to be able to do anything, and knows everything, yet has a poor, war ridden country. Wouldn’t such a man be able to fix this? Soo, I would love to have such a nice god as you claim yours is. So please, show us proof. Without it, I can’t be sure.

• Gabe says:

If God created the natural world, he would have to be outside of it. You can’t box the supernatural in with scientific proof.

• Keith says:

No it wouldn’t. If it was so all-powerful it could be inside and outside of it. Aren’t we always being told by those who believe that sort of thing that “god is everywhere”?

• Apprentice Frederic says:

With sincere respect, you can’t box in scientific proof with appeals to the upernatural. And even if we buy the equivalence of “unknown” and “supernatural”, we don’t have to collapse our purchase to the Jehovah of some particular sect (each of which seems to claim exclusivity…).

• Gabe says:

A lot of people base their understanding of life in science alone. Regarding faith, it doesn’t simply try to explain the unknown, because even someone who has studied all there is to know about religion and personal faith still won’t have all the answers. While at the same time, the blanks of science won’t point to a supernatural explanation through the scientific process alone.
          Faith in God correlates with quality of life, and isn’t based solely on knowledge. However, that doesn’t mean one should reject their intellectuality. It’s something one has to experience in order to truly understand.
          Keith, to answer your question, I believe that God is a part of the life that we live, but isn’t scientifically provable, not being restricted by the natural world. We don’t know all there is to know even with a natural understanding, and we don’t know what “everywhere” really means. You seem to think that if God were truly everywhere (which I believe), then we could measure him. I disagree.

• TheFewTheProudTheMarinara says:

Gabe, I agree with what you’re saying. We could never prove the NON-existence of god, especially if he continues to hide in a metaphysical realm.

Religion is what some people would LIKE to be true. Science is our understanding of what IS true. Thus, religion has no place in science class until it has evidence of what it proposes. Neither do those who trumpet their religion have any rights to brow-beat non-believers or force legislation on them that has nothing to do with morality.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

@Gabe, just a few comments. First, the transcendent experience that you associate with your own version of God is had by
          many with THEIR own version. Your comparative humility and tolerance does you great credit, but from your statement: “It’s something one has to experience in order to truly understand.” you still seem to believe that you acquire special knowledge from faith in Jehovah (I say “Jehovah” rather than “God”.) that is a little suspect. Forgive me for reminding you that some of the faith-in-god flock appear to belive, insanely, that they communicate directly with Him on subjects like snowstorms as punishment for faggotty behaviour. You also say: “A lot of people base their understanding of life in science alone.” That’s a bit lofty, and, I think, wrong. Life is rich and complex and most ‘scientific’ types appreciate beauty in art, music, and nature – as well as the beauty of mathematics and new discoveries in science. If ANYTHING has been settled, the value of scientific knowledge – however tentative, incomplete, incremental, and evolving as it may be – has been settled. It is valuable because it is useful, but it is most valuable becuse it gives the only glimpse we really have of how profound the universe surely is. You should be thanked for (I hope and believe) NOT taking the position that agnosticism / non-belief / ‘scientific thinking’ has immorality as a consequence. Finally, as a Pastafarian, I have to note that religion does have value: many great composers have been inspired by their religion. You are perhaps not familiar with Johann Murgatroyd Bach, whose soaring and intricate compositions, such as “Pasta, Joy of Man’s Desiring” and “Strippers May Safely Shimmy” provide a transcendent insight that one has to experience in order to truly understand.

• Gabe says:

Apprentice Frederic, the type of understanding I’m talking about isn’t about predicting the future through communication with the supernatural. It’s about living life in fullness. This understanding isn’t a self-pleasing mentality in which justifies an individuals principles (specifically political principles).
          Also, you mention that “science” people (I’ll just phrase it the same way you did for simplicity’s sake) have an appreciation for life and it’s complexity. Based on your description, I find joy in these mysteries of life as well. But faith offers something else that can actually go hand-in-hand with these passions for life.
          TheFewTheProudTheMarinara, I also agree that SCIENCE should be taught in science class. But my problem with Pastafarianism is that it really seems to leave people in a dogmatic state of mind. I can interpret and understand what everyone of you say about religion through Pastafarian reasoning, and for me it emphasizes a definite misunderstanding that has taken place through out the last 100 years. The way Pastafarians argue mirrors the flaws of religious arguments and viewpoints, and exaggerates them. However, I don’t understand how this way of arguing could ever give a solution to the polarization that has taken place, because it’s ignorant to what faith is at it’s core. It’s either one way of thinking, or the other. This mentality is what started so many problems in the first place.

• Apprentice Frederic says:

Gabe, your reply helpful, and I think I understand, sorta, kinda, the point you’re making. I don’t, BTW and FWIW, think that the polarization you mention is especially serious on the Gabe/Pastafarian interface. It wouldn’t occur to me to question the validity of your religious experience for you. One last comment is that I think you understand perfectly well, by now, what Pastafarians are reacting to in the conventional and overwhelmingly dominant religious establishment. Your phrases re living life in fullness are fair. But it is tactless and mistaken of you to express pity for an impaired Pastafarian approach to that same goal. As the Buddhist said to the hot-dog vendor: “Make me one with everything!”

6. Mikel says:

I was recommended this web site by my cousin. I am now not
    positive whether or not this post is written via him as no one else
    know such exact about my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thank you!

7. imgur.com says:

In-game screen shots also come in handy when you want to sell.
    Industry experts believe Moshi Monsters is so successful because it masterfully combines children’s major preoccupations: nurturing, collecting, gaming, chatting and sharing with
    friends. Goddess art, unicorns, dragons, grim reaper drawings
    and and other enchanted creatures might just be around the
    corner.