Hello, I am a Christian

Published October 2nd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Hello, I am a Christian, and I would just like to know, is their any proof of FSM? If so can you please show me the proof, or explain it to me over the web please, I am curios to know. I personally believe this is just some silly religion thought up by an over active imaginative mind of someone. Who told others, and the few that believed him were hopeless in life as it was to begin looking for someone to lead them, and show them the way, so they just followed whatever he said. ( much like scientology)

-Divooneh

392 Responses to “Hello, I am a Christian”

1 4 5 6 7 8 49
  1. Apprentice Frederic says:

Divooneh, a good book for you to read is “God Is Not Great”, by Christopher Hitchens. (I’m still reading it, but the author has not mentioned the FSM so far. Not sure whether that’s good or bad, maybe other Pastafarians have an opinion.) “Proof” of any religion is hard to come by, but evidence is good that – just as Pastafarianism – ALL religions are invented and pushed by humans. And both the leaders and followers in all religions have a great variety of motivations. I happen to like Pastafarianism because – unlike evangelical Christianity – it emphasizes rationality and tolerance and resists bigotry – especially creationist bigotry. (Check out Pat Robertson or the Westboro Babtist Church before you take too lofty a position about your own faith.)

2. Pas Tafari says:

So what you’re saying is we’re as legitimate as Christianity? Thanks. I’m glad we’re getting the recognition we deserve. After all, isn’t that the way your cult started out?

3. Eric says:

Do these people read what they write?

“I personally believe this is just some silly religion thought up by an over active imaginative mind of someone. Who told others, and the few that believed him were hopeless in life as it was to begin looking for someone to lead them, and show them the way, so they just followed whatever he said.”

Sounds like [Christianity | Islam | Judaism | ad infinitum] to me!

We have as much proof of the FSM as you have of Christ/God/Whatever. More even.

4. flyingspaghettiapostle says:

You look like you’ve already made up your mind mr. christian. If you are here seeking answers you should not be so quick to condemn (very un-christian like but unfortunately very common amongst christians). I think you need to go back to church and pay more attention to the whole ‘love thy neighbour’ thing and ‘judge not lest ye be judged’. Why do you insist on giving your religion a bad name? It does just fine with out your help.

5. flyingspaghettiapostle says:

As for proof – it’s written in the gospel of the flying spaghetti monster; it’s all the proof anyone with faith requires (thought you would understand that).

6. platipus says:

The proof is that people believe, isn’t that proof enough? I mean, that’s how you know God exists. And it seems that imaginative minds 2,000 years ago told others about Jesus and God, and they, being hopeless and needing a leader, believed them. So really, our two great religions are very similar in their beginnings. And by the way, it’s “there”, “curious”, and “overactive”

7. Mitch says:

Somewhere in here is a parody of the Mac/PC commercials. “Hello, I’m a Christian.” “And I’m someone who embraces logic instead of mindlessly following the masses without question.”

Why is it that everyone who asks for things to be explained never seems to read the open letter first? Do they not click on the links? Props to you Bobby for making the site easy to navigate. I can’t understand how they don’t understand. My head hurts…I’m going to eat some pasta now…

8. Rusty says:

As luck would have it, there is as much proof of the existence of the FSM as there is for any other god. There’s even a book!

1 4 5 6 7 8 49