FSM in New York Times

Published October 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

fsmgoog.jpg
Evil Mad Scientist’s edible Flying Spaghetti Monster

Today, the New York Times published a photo of the FSM with the article Dry-Ice Martini and Electric Cake.

13 Responses to “FSM in New York Times”

1. BlackBard says:

Eye, lads (joke intended), even the New York Times has been Touched by His Noodly Appendage. Yaarr, mates.
    RAmen

2. Joe Blow says:

I just saw it! page D9.

but WTF there was no mention of pirates or his noodliness.

sounds like the magic tentacle was at work but a human is trying to grab all the credit….

3. noodleguy says:

Yesssssss!!!
    After thousands of years of repression finally we Pastafarians are being celebrated (well, sort of) by the main-stream media!

Let us feast in His honor!

4. Bruder Internetto says:

Why you say its not mentioned ?

Under the even photograph of His Noodly Appearance, the text states: “THINK, THEN EAT Malted milk ball eyes atop a noodle monster.”

5. Flartus says:

But, but, but…where’s the recipe? This is such a fantastic replica of His Noodliness, the recipe should be permanently enshrined as part of the scripturey stuff.

Fie upon thee, NYT. I withold yer beer ’til ye be givin’ up yer secrets, d’ya hear me?

6. Jim says:

It’s cool that someone made it, but it doesn’t look very appetizing.

I guess I’m just not into the whole symbolically canabalizing one’s god thing.

7. ArthurDental says:

How about we pull a Scientology and sue the bakers and NYT for copyright infringement? At the very least I think Bobby should write a letter to the editors – I’m serious about this. No one should lay eyes on His Noodly Appendages without knowing its holiness.

8. BlackBard says:

Flartus and ArthurDental,

Fear not, lads. I knew that I had seen that vision of our Master the FSM before, so I did a little research and found the answer. Edible googly eyes, developed by Windell Oskay, were introduced to us on 8 January 2008. Here is the link:

RAmen