19039 Views

Evangelism

Published October 24th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

fsmchurch1.jpg

fsmchurch2.jpg

I love this.

We live directly across the alley from a church with a made-up religion.

I recently installed a gigantic flagpole on the Crow’s Nest (yar yar yar) of our garage and every Sunday morning we proudly fly the pair of FSM flags shown in the attached photos.

It’s our humble attempt to save the souls of each Sunday’s arriving flock of misguided Methodists. Hopefully they will look up to see the light and pass over to prefer Pasta to Pastor. Thus will they begin to Walk the True Plank, experiencing the Creamy Richness of our Hollowed Noodly One.

RAmen.

Bruce and Susan

41 Responses to “Evangelism”

1. Drunken Dogg says:

I love you for saving the people from fallowing the path of gayness and Cannibalism.

2. q says:

OMFSMG Bruce and susan may you be directly taken to Pasta Heaven where the volcanic beer flows when your sweet day comes. This is so damn awesome no words suffice, so I’ll just go eat a large pasta dinner tonight in celebration.

3. Ben says:

Love it! And where in the world can I get these flags?

4. Ron Hager says:

I believe that all religions are “made-up”. Except of course for Pastafarianism.

Also, I also believe that it is time for the Pastafarian faith to be included in the White House Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. They have excluded us for far too long. I am an old man and have not the energy and stamina to undertake this myself, so I am calling on individuals like yourself to take up the sword against those that oppose our participation.

5. GummiHU says:

Sorry Fridays, English weekdays confuse me

6. Derf says:

I only wish I lived close enough to a church of made up religion to follow suit. May you guys forever be touched.

7. Barnacle Bill the Sailor says:

Well done, Bruce and Susan!
    Your demonstaration is peaceful, non confrontational, and yet so in-your-face! It is not an attack, just a display of faith which is clealy visible from the front of the church.
    While I suppose most of the congregation may ignore the flags, or don’t know what they mean, I can imagine some kid, who’s only going to church because his parents make him do it, is looking your direction upon entering the church and thinking, “YEAH!”

8. Doctor of Pastdivinity says:

Ron,

You are right in demanding the inclusion of our Faith in the Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. However, your point of “made-up” religions is not complete. All religions are “made-up” including Pastafarianism. The difference is that Pastafarianism has been made up under our very eyes by Our Hendersonian Prophet and his Baked Accolytes. The important point is that our made-up beliefs are no a bit lesser to the “mainstream religions”. Even that, our faith on a Creator heavily drunked in the very moment of creation has more empirical evidence that “intelligent design”. “Intelligent design” is conservative because it assumes that our world is just perfect as it is. Contrarily, “drunked design” assumes that some perfection can and must be done. This is the Word we need to spread. (Of course, the idea of a Heaven full of beer volcanoes and strippers’ factories from both sexes plays also a role in spreading the Word)