this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.

Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.

If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1 4 5 6 7 8 20
  1. Redbeard says:

Have any of you xtians ever wondered what made the “sacrifice” necessary in the first place? I mean, here you have a supposedly all-powerful being who creates a universe where some of the denizens of that universe go and do some things that he made them want to do anyway (like premarital sex or eating apples) and which this All-Powerful being had arbitrarily labelled as “sin”. Now that they have done this, but they still want to get to heaven (because they like wearing togas and shit), this All-Powerful being has to “forgive” them. But he can’t just say “don’t worry about it,” he’s created some arbitrary rule that someone’s got to die a really messy death before he can say that. So he turns to his only son and says, “Look son, I know I screwed up, but I have a favor to ask. I want you to go down there and let those people kill you by nailing you to a cross and letting you suffocate or bleed to death. I need to show them that I love them so much that I’m going to send you down there and let them torture and kill you before I can let them say ‘sorry’. Believe me, this is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you.”
    Wait a second, this is the guy who made up all the rules in the first place! He’s ALL-POWERFUL! It’s his damn universe! And this blockhead is held up to us as the ultimate moral authority! I mean, you just can’t make this stuff up! … oh wait, you did! oops.
    Anyway, to answer your question, my god isn’t a lunatic who would create such an asylum in the first place.

Ramen

2. Dan says:

Yaaarrrr, Crystos, has he not given us his children? Do we not have Campanelle, Capunti, Casarecce, Cavatelli, Cechetti, Cencioni, Conchiglie, Conchiglioni, Corzetti, Creste di galli, Croxetti, Fantolioni, Farfalle, Farfallone, Fiorentine, Fioriettini, Foglie d’ulivo, Fusilli, Fusilli Bucati, Gemelli, Gigli, Gramigna, Lanterne, Lumache, Lumaconi, Maltagliati, Marille, Orecchiette, Pipe, Quadrefiore, Radiatore, Ricciolini, Ricciutelle, Rotelle, Rotini, Spirali, Spiralini, Strozzapreti, Torchio, Trofieand Paul Newman pasta sauces (may he be enjoying the beer volcano. The FSM gave his children even though we ATE him, RAmen!

3. The Evolved Ape says:

The trouble is it wasn’t really a sacrifice was it. He didn’t die. In fact He (being God) knew he was not going to so as far as I can see it was a piss poor sacrifice at that. Judas, bless him, had to betray him to for the story to work so old Judas deserves a pat on the back I reckon.

4. didi says:

baked ziti: “Well, No I dont think he wouls let HIS SON rot for three days nailed to a chunk of wood, and any father who would…..well who would want him as a father anyway??”

rofl!!!

5. Gnocci Man says:

We live in a very strange world if having your own son killed is considered a positive trait in deities. To be blunt, a supposedly omnipotent god “sacrificing” his son can only be seen as one A-hole of a god.

6. neal says:

@ Redbird. Great post, and, of course, the whole entire Salvation myth fails to account for the facts of Darwin, which indicate that death has always been part of the deal, rather than some punishment invented by the deity in response to the “original sin.”

7. Pam says:

Today was the first I’ve ever heard of FSM. It warms my heart to know that there is still common sense in this world. To me, the likelihood of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is as great as that of God. I often shake my head when I hear people who I would have thought were smart say something like “God Bless You” I actually feel sorry for people who believe in God because they live in a perpetual state of fear. So please, go forward and spread the word of his noodlyness!

8. tris says:

Eh oop Mr Evolved ape! Now then!
    You sound a lot like a Yorkshire lad, I reckon!
    And yes, Judas deserves a lot more credit from Christians (dunt ‘ee now?)… He really set the whole sacrifice ball rolling, with all the sado-maso passion of Christ stuff and rising from the dead that the Christians love so much (dint ‘ee now?).
    Tataa me lad! Say ‘ello to Ilkely moor from me!

1 4 5 6 7 8 20