this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.

Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.

If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1. Donald says:

No, because he’s not stupid.

2. Cape Buffalo says:

When everyone in the bible is obsesed with sex, and rape, and paternity, god can have as many childern as he wants. If he were real, why the fuck would he care if one died?

3. mv says:

Wow you say you are Christian but yet call another persons beliefs stupid. Not very Christian like besides you missed the point of the site. Nonetheless, if Jesus really did die for you, he wasted his time. Some of the most violent and hateful people are Christians. Much genocide has been in done in the name of Christianity. You call us stupid?

4. jeremykeys says:

It boggles the mind that anyone would want to sacrifice anybody. Our illustrious Pasta Master would not be part of that. The myth of Jesus dying on the cross to save us from our sins is just that. A myth. The only pictures of him were done centuries after the so called fact or event. Hypothetically speaking, your God must have not liked the boy much or else he would have done his usually bit of sending hellfire and frogs to stop it. I’ve often wondered just why so many fundies don’t question any of these stories but just accept them on face value. By the way. This is not some stupid internet meme. This is a well thought out site pointing out the shear absurdity of organized religion. I guess it makes you feel really good seeing those huge expensive cathedrals built to pray in and suck more money out of dim witted fools alst while knowing that there are millions of people starving to death. Methinks the money could be better spent. Up here just north-eat of Toronto we have an abomination called Cathedraltown. Some filthy rich moron had it built just to guaranty his place in heaven. The sheep flock to it and drop money like an obsessed gambler. You have to see the Beemers and Cadilacs to believe it. The cost of the place could have put nearly every homeless person in Toronto into their own apartment. I’m quite sure he never made it to heaven. what kind of God wouls alow such a travesty? It makes one wonder. Here in North America we have people going to jail just for stealing food to feed their families. I bet you don’t find many of them thanking God. Sure, you have the odd Christian group out helping but they are very few and far between.
    So Crystos, I have a suggestion: I doubt that you’ll take it though; how about the next time you’re in church and the collection plate comes around, why don’t you empty your pockets into it, take the plate and run with it donw to the nearest homeless shelter and donate it. If that doesn’t work for you why don’t you take the money to your local grocery store , buy the fixings for a huge batch of spaghetti and invite as many poor people as you can over and feed them. You could even pawn the plate for more cash. I’m sure the church won’t mind. After all, your doing it for a good cause, to get yourself a place in heaven. And isn’t that what it’s really all about for you type of people?

5. Fliegenden Nudeln says:

One of the most literate hate mails we’ve seen…good spelling, good punctuation, and good grammar (althogh the use of the past tense BELIEVED is mysterious, and the last “sentence’ is not a sentence, it’s a clause). Based on experience, Crystos is just a troll; Christians can’t write this well.

6. The King's Jack says:

Didn’t Jesus go Heaven eventually? Wouldn’t that mean he wasn’t Given to us, but rather Lent to us? Your god let us borrow Jesus, not take him.

and just to be Oh-So-Obnoxious, the “Lent” thing was pun intended

7. Tesvoy says:

You do know he didn’t really “give up” or “sacrifice” his son? He and Jesus (if you believe in myths that is) both knew that when he died he was going straight back to heaven to either sit on the right hand or be god again (??? depends on how you were raised). So no big deal right. He didn’t give us his son, he lent him to us for a little while. And there was no sacrifice. If i give you a $1000 when I know full well I am going to get 10 million tomorrow – then no sacrifice. If I give you $1000 today knowing that money is all I have for the rest of my life – that’s sacrifice. S0… same thing. If I die today on the cross and know I am going to eternal paradise with dear old dad – then no sacrifice. If I die on the cross knowing I would blink out of existence – that’s sacrifice.
    I try really hard to be tolerant of other people and their believes (no matter how misguided) but you “hate-mailers” make it so easy to hate christians. Please STOP!

8. Steve says:

extract from wiki, definition of meme;

‘Memeticists argue that the memes most beneficial to their hosts will not necessarily survive; rather, those memes that replicate the most effectively spread best, which allows for the possibility that successful memes may prove detrimental to their hosts.’

What better description of orthodox religion could you get?