this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1. ubidubikid #1 says:

“This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.”

no, no you’ve got it all wrong, this is a stupid religion that has somehow turned into some kind of internet meme.

2. fluffy says:

“If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?”

FSM has many sons. He just dosen’t know yet.

3. Long John Silver says:

>If I may ask, though, would your god willing give up his own (meat) balls (if he even has them) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only sated one persons appetite?

4. Scarlet says:

Long John, Come again?

5. plumberbob says:

Crystos,
    You “believed”? You mean you did believe, at one time, but don’t believe now?
    “…he loved us…? You mean that he did at one time, but doesn’t love us now?
    That seems like an admission of apostasy and an admission of heresy.
    Read what a truly sensible Christian Evangelist, Southern Ptarmigan, tenth down on the comments thread, has to say:

RAmen

6. James D the king of pirates says:

We are all the FSM’s children but heres the thing no Christian will admit, if Jesus died for our “sins” wouldnt it be a waste of his death trying not to sin, would not a life of sin embody his sacrifice so that his death was not in vain? chew on that meat ball.

7. Chris says:

He wouldn’t need to. He could just use his noodly appendage to intervene. Besides it wouldn’t be that bad if they died. They’d get to go to heaven

8. char says:

hm… Interesting, because, don’t you have free will? I have free will. Didn’t Einstein have free will? Yep. His mind was a little odd too. Asbergers or something. ^.^ No, I don’t believe that a God will interfere with any of our personal lives. Why? I wouldn’t want to get involved with us psychotic freaks if I could avoid it. OH SNAP! I don’t have that choice. We have free will so that we can be self reliant. QUICK! NO ONE STEAL THAT! I NEED TO GET A COPYRIGHT FIRST! IT’S MY LIFELONG DREAM TO BE A PHILOSIPHER!!! Oh wait… I have a philosiphy, therefor I must be a philosipher. Hm. ^.^

The difference (I hear) is whether or not people will accept what you said as “true” (I believe in Fact, not Truth). So…

You aren’t a very good philosopher, seeing as over 100 people think you’re making an ass of yourself.