this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.

If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1. Macta says:

I don’t think it’s right to worship some1 or something that would kill off it’s son at all… that’s just mean… what would you guys think if my dad killed me off? it’d be all over the news as “Father kills son, gets life in prison” and everyone would look down on him… I KNOW!!! lets put that BASTARD on trial for killing his own son!!!!!

2. jay says:

i dunno ya, macta. if you were one of my close friends i would say “yes. hell yes. i would totally worship your dad if he had you whacked!” but since im not that close to you, i wont insult you.

3. Christ Lives On says:

Hi, I’m a Christian and you cannot take a goddamn pile of spaghetti and make a god to worship out of it. I tried to pray for more spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese, did I get it? Hell no! But Christ answers all prayers, don’t believe me, just try it and see what you fucking get. I’ll be praying that your lost soul does not burn forever.

4. littleanimal says:

@Post #131

Haha you sucker. You think jesus is real. Sucker.

You just don’t get it do you, you sorry twat. Have you ever in your life had a prayer answered? Tell the truth and don’t sidestep the question with some irrelevant bullshit like your ilk usually do. Or don’t come back, we don’t give a shit either way-

5. Indignantly indifferent says:

just wanted to let Mr. Poster #131, that’s not a very christian attitude. i dont know about the you or the rest of the people here, but i have always been taught to be open minded, and open to possibilities, no matter how different they may be from our own. i choose to live by this mantra, and i think you should think very hard about doing the same.

Nevertheless, this all has been written to proove a point, not to threaten your religiosity. if your faith is so weak that it can be shaken by something as simple as the FSM, then i think you aughta be praying for yourself more that anything… praying to God above to give you the faith you think you have.

I don’t wanna hear any more whining from you… remember, Raptor Jesus went extinct for your sins. :) (note the satire once again… and if y ou take that seriously, then you really have no clue what religion, or faith, really mean)

6. Long N. says:

k, let’s try it…Jesus, can you physically show yourself to me and my buddy? how about saying hi to my mom, who is a fervent believer in you, in say, 1 minute? and please make it obvious that we actually witnessed you.

like, say your name, and what you do. and then dissappear in a flash of light or slowly levitate towards heaven.

…well, it’s been a minute, and my prayer wasn’t answered. on the other hand, I asked earlier to have pasta for dinner, and that’s what I got XD

7. Lezlee says:

ohkay for all of the stupid people who think that this is an actual “religion” please learn to internet. This did not start as a internet meme. It became one. Alrighty retards lets assume that you can read.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is a deity created as a satirical protest to the decision by the Kansas State Board of Education to require the teaching of intelligent design as an alternative to biological evolution. The FSM is the deity of the parody religion[1][2] The Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster,[3] founded in 2005 by Bobby Henderson. Since the intelligent design movement used ambiguous references to an unspecified ‘Intelligent Designer’ to avoid court rulings prohibiting the teaching of creationism as a science, this presumably left open the possibility that any imaginable thing could fill that role.

In an open letter sent to the education board, Henderson parodies the concept of intelligent design by professing belief in a supernatural creator which closely resembles spaghetti and meatballs.[4] He furthermore calls for the “Pastafarian” theory of creation to be taught in science classrooms.[5]

8. Austin says:

“Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.”

Really? He loves all of us? Including children in 3rd-world countries and slaves? Huh, and I just thought that he hated them!

“If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence?”

Yeah, check your local Olive Garden.