this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.

Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.

If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1 13 14 15 16 17 20
  1. RiTarDid says:

is this a good time for a RAmen? I thought so….

2. CindyB says:

You are hilarious even though you appear to have no sense of humor at all! How can that be? I can tell you one thing (I think). The Flying Spaghetti Monster was NOT born of a virgin, as so many, many pagan gods and Jesus as a matter of fact, were. So at least we didn’t copy other religions. NO other religions have Pirates! Ramen.

3. Maurog says:

Why would FSM need to -kill- anyone or anything in order to forgive a bunch of idiots? He is a most benevolent and merciful deity, He managed to forgive without any bloodshed! Verily I say unto you – everyone will get to taste the beer volcanoes.

4. jesus monkey says:

No, the flying spaghetti monster is “intelligent.”

5. jesus monkey says:

Actually, it isnt THAT big a sacrifice if you can come back to life and heal your wounds, is it?
    Shit, you can even turn water into wine!! So what the hell are all these christians bitching about??
    Buck up lovelys, you get to play bocci ball with all the old popes.
    I get strippers and a fine pale ale. Which afterlife would YOU choose??

6. Jesse says:

The flying spaghetti monster is not petty enough to kill his own son, to save some guys from himself. The flying spaghetti monster remembers to take his medication and doesn’t kill his children to save earth, from himself, because he DOES NOT DOOM EARTH IN THE FIRST PLACE! Then he doesn’t demand that his son dies on a tree to un-doom the place he doomed in the first place and could un-doom without the sacrifice of his child. Does YOUR god do that? Who is this “them” are you talking to us or your imaginary friend about us?

If satire jumped up out of the dictionary, definition in tow, then poked you between the eyes before jumping back into the book, would you recognize it? Or would you get on your computer and rant about it?

7. Vik says:

And yay thy Sacred FSM said unto Boyardee, “Taketh my meatballs, for they are yours for eating. And therein you will be forgiven of all trespasses. Drinketh deep my sauces and know my everlasting love.”

~The Tome of Eternal Sauces 32:71

Clearly our beloved FSM would lovingly sacrafice for us, his meat spawn.

8. tris says:

On the theme of the Jewish-Christian God and all that here’s nice joke:
    a Zionist sends his son for a trip to Israel and when his son returns his dad says: “well, how was Israel? I hope you are feeling more Jewish now!” and his boy says “well yes it was great, it really was a lot of fun, but the place had a strange effect on me and I’m afraid I’ve become a Christian!”
    That evening the guy tells a fellow-Zionist friend about this and his friend says: “that’s strange! I also sent my son for a trip to Israel and when he returned he said he had become a Christian too!” The Zionists then both go to the rabbi and they tell him all about it and the rabbi says: “What a coincidence! I sent my son to Israel six months ago and he also came back as a Christian!”
    So they all rush to the synagogue to pray to God to give them an explanation… Suddenly God appears in a blinding flash of light and says: “Oh no! Don’t say it’s happened to you guys as well??!! I sent my nice Jewish son called Jesus to Israel 2000 years ago… and he also came back as a Christian!”

• Tylena says: