this is a stupid internet meme

Published September 29th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

This is a stupid Internet Meme that has somehow turned into some kind of religion. Ranting at them is not going to help.

Before you ask, yes, I am Christian and believed Jesus died on the cross for all of us because he loved us that much.

If I may ask, though, would the FSM willing give up his own son (if he even has one) for a multitude of people who hate him, despise him, aim to obliterate his very existence? Even if this act only saved one person?

-Crystos

156 Responses to “this is a stupid internet meme”

1 2 3 20
  1. Fusillier says:

You didn’t need to own up to being a christian, the fact that you decided to stick your nose in was enough evidence of that!
    I take it you have some evidence that FSM would NOT give up his son? If so, lets see it.
    RAmen

2. Reed Braden says:

Why yes, he would. However, the FSM has never had to deal with anything like that because He’s smart enough to know that if He’s the Creator of all things, He can do things His own way. If He wants to forgive humanity–and He probably doesn’t want to–He can do so without having to make a sacrifice. The whole Jesus thing is pretty much pointless symbolism, even if it’s true, and that is something the Holy FSM can do without.

3. JoshM says:

I would Imagine he would, however there is no need. People don’t need to sacrifice themselves or their sons for the anyone else. The only time I can see that happening is in the movies, and I can’t recall any movies that have someone sacrificing their son for the good of humanity. It’s never been done because it’s kind of lame.

4. thrilled to be a wench says:

Of all the things my parents ever gave me, I am most grateful that they provided freedom of religion. I was able to escape those early years, when the mind is most open to persuasion, without the constant brainwashing that most children endure day after day, or week after week. I was free to make up my own mind about god, based on my life experiences. I’m sorry you obviously weren’t so lucky!

I have spent the past ten years searching for a place where I could feel like I fit in. Where my views aren’t so outrageous, and maybe find some others who like me, find it difficult to pray to an invisible man in the sky. Finally I was touched by one of His Noodly Appendages, and I am now proud to call myself a Pastafarian. Go ahead and believe in your zombies if you want, but I’m sticking with my pasta and saucey goodness.

Ramen!!

5. CyanSlowly says:

oh the irony

6. Arg Sayer says:

My education didn’t include the classics or religious studies, so please explain: How did Jesus sacrificing himself on the cross save us?

If FSM saw someone in trouble, he would change the situation that the individual was in, thus saving the victim without removing his noodly son (or daughter) in the process. What’s this fascination with sacrifice anyway? It’s so impractical.

*rolling eyes*
    Arg. RAmen.

7. Iain Mott says:

Hi there, me hardies,

I’m still in shock of discovering pastafarianism. I’m transfixed by His Noodliness which is so perfect and energy giving. His life farce fills my very soul.

So, in response, Crystos. Pasta is real. I know. I’ve seen it. Not in action mind, but covered in a lovely thick, creamy and edifying sauce that I just can’t wait to gulp down. The FSM would not ever need to give up his son for a multitude who hate him. A multitude who hate pasta? What are you talking about. This is nonsense. Who hates pasta?

Yours sincerely, me hardies. A new pastafarian.

Iain Mott

8. Dentrassi42 says:

And that is some sort of stupid bronze age myth that has somehow got turned into an institutionalised system to control vulnerable people over hundreds of years. You’re right, ranting at them doesn’t seem to help as is evidenced by your own irrational belief;

You believe that an invisible, possibly bearded, sky-man ‘loves’ us all so much that, if we question him even a little bit he will condemn us to eternal torture in hell. However, its because he ‘loves’ us all so much he was willing to have his own son (who is himself, mind) killed in a brutal, barbaric way as an example of how much he ‘loves’ us. Thus giving us a chance to avoid the self same hell (which he created don’t forget) as long as we agree, apparently through telepathy, to stop questioning him anymore.

I’ll take my meme anyday, thanks.

RAmen.