I find this religion absolutly rediculous

Published September 22nd, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I find this religion absolutly rediculous. In fact, it is so rediculously stupid that it has turned me off to any type of religion at all.

Someone…please change my opinion/views on this matter. I want to know if this is real and why you beleive. But until i get answers…your all fucking crazy. I mean listen to yourselves!!!!

‘OH YOUR GREAT NOODLYNESS!!!’

‘ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY INVSIBLY MOSTER MADE OUT OF SPAGHETTI THAT CAN FLY!!!’

…do you hear yourselves when you speak??? Im not trying to be mean, and this is not hate mail in any way im just curious to the point where it enrages me!!!

Someone please answer my questions!!!!

Explain this religion to me!!

why spaghetti? And why pirates?? What proof do you have??? Someone get back to me. I must know.

-Emilee

162 Responses to “I find this religion absolutly rediculous”

1. Chilled says:

Ok so im guessing that in your 20 years of being a ‘Christian’ you hav prayed for the sick to be healed, seen the lame healed, demons cast out, received a word of knowledge for people you have never met yet the Lord tells you they were molested when they where younger or tried to commit suicide, most of these things Ive done or personally witnessed, however this is not why i believe in the Lord, but because of my personal relationship with Him and because i can hear His voice, if you havnt experienced any of the above its very possible that you have actualy never met Jesus,commited your life to Him and as a result, never actually lived the normal ‘normal’ Christian life which i mention above. I can see that a lot of you are offended by God because something bad happend to you, or nothing happend when u expected something. Just a silly thought to ponder on. If I die and im right about everything, i go to heaven and you go to hell, if you are right, we both go nowhere. So im either goin nowhere or heaven, and your goin nowhere or hell, my odds are a little better it seems, so just make sure that in that 99% of the things of what have been or will ever be and that which you have no knowledge of, God is possibly there. Sorry about my grammar, spelling, etc. English is not my first language, so im actualy quite impressed with myself. Blessings

2. Chilled says:

Oh and if you enjoy reading a good book, try ‘More than a carpenter’, by Josh Mcdowell, quite an eye opener

3. Max says:

You people have converted me!!!
    thank you so much for showing me the way… I saw this site, walked down the stairs and had a steaming plate of spaghetti with two meat balls shoved in my face by my mom…
    thank you so much for showing me the way
    i truly believe that FSM in all his greatness will touch these poor people and show them the way…
    may Grog be with you.

4. Woolfghar Garoo says:

Two words: Spell Check.

5. Jesso says:

I do not accept the argument “believe in god so you have better odds JUST IN CASE there is an afterlife”. That is called Pascal’s Wager, and it is ridiculous. Your relationship is based on fear, not on love. Not to mention, you are now betting that you have actually chosen the right god out of the 5,000+ gods that have been created throughout history. May want to say a prayer to all of them, everyday, just in case.

Your assumptions are offensive. I have seen “demons” cast out. I spoke in tongues. I fell out in the spirit. I danced before the lord. I gave and received prophesies. I have had experiences with “dark forces”. I prayed for people to be healed. Witnessed supposed miracles. I am still an atheist now. It has nothing to do with something bad happening to me. I actually became an atheist because of a happy event. My husband and I had many long and thoughtful conversations about religion. It was from that point that I began to do my own research. I wanted god to exist. I did all the research from that point of view. My choice to no longer be a Christian had nothing to do with not leading a “normal” Christian life. It had to do with the fact that I did research, studied history and philosophy, debated people, and read books.

As for your book, he is basing this book on the assumption that Jesus actually existed. A fact that cannot actually be proven. The Roman’s kept excellent records… still somehow no mention of all of this. No proof of the slaughter of the innocents. The Herod and Jesus timelines don’t even line up. Not to mention that the entire story of Jesus is almost word for word like the story of Horace from ancient Egypt. So a book based on unproven fact and assumption doesn’t do much for me in the way of making me believe something.

Oh, and if you are hearing voices, then you should really see someone about that. It isn’t normal, and could be the starting symptoms of schizophrenia (mental disorder characterized by abnormalities in the perception or expression of reality. Distortions in perception may affect all five senses, including sight, hearing, taste, smell and touch, but most commonly manifest as auditory hallucinations, paranoid or bizarre delusions, or disorganized speech and thinking with significant social or occupational dysfunction).

6. plumberbob says:

@ 137 – Chilled – ,

You’ve not answered the question that I posed to you in #134 above. However, your response to Jesso indicates that your level of commitment is that of a gambler at the card table.

You’ve come to our website, and you’ve obviously ignored the directive to read the Open Letter and the “About” tab material. You could have learned that our purpose is the exclusion of religious mythology from the science curricula of the public schools.

In the mean time, since you’ve proposed your own mythology, it is up to you to prove to us the existence of your deity. Mis-quoting from a Hebrew/ Koine book that you probably can’t read is not accepted as proof. You must know the language, who wrote it, when it was written, and the politics and economics of the authors and editors before we can have a clear rational discussion about it.

“How is it that hardly any major religion has looked at science and concluded, ‘This is better than we thought! The Universe is much bigger than our prophets said, grander, more subtle, more elegant. God must be even greater than we dreamed’? Instead they say, ‘No, no, no! My god is a little god, and I want him to stay that way.’” – Carl Sagan

I believe that all facets of religion were created by and for people, and that religion is an attempt by people to answer cosmic questions using the best knowledge and data that were available at the time. In the lives of all religions, it seems to have been standard practice for the clergy to define orthodoxy and enforce dogma for the exclusive advantage of said clergy. Whenever some body questions or up-dates the dogma in any way, it is always fought fiercely by the clergy. See: Rome vs Christians; The Inquisition; The Reformation; Galileo; Science. There is not one example of a peaceful transition in the religious world.

RAmen

7. Chilled says:

Jesso, Im really confused,who healed those people you prayed for? And how can you have a relationship with the Lord without hearing His voice, what made you prophecy? If you met the God i knw, u would know He’s not wicked, you wouldnt say that if you werent offended, you wouldnt deface Gods character jus because you dnt believe in Him. I knw there are a lot of churches that are sif moneymaking,corrupt businesses, but God is not involved in that. what made you doubt that very 1st time,what made u feel this miracle working,relational God isnt real anymre? What made you doubt the word that says, whoever drinks of the water I shall give him, will never thirst, i know many people that never thirsted again. In this reply im not tryin to defend my God or to say that your rediculous or stupid, Im just interested,and cant grasp how, once youve tasted and seen that the Lord is good, turn away, Ive seen far to many lives restored, bondages broken and lives renewed to ever believe that Gods heart is not to heal and restore us, and ill be honest I havnt exactly walked intimately with the Lord for 20yrs, but what I have seen so far, excites me, and cant wait to see what restoration the Lord still wants to do in my life and those around me. I truly have joy in my salvation, and knw that i knw that i knw, God, and I mean Jesus Christ, lives and reigns. Blessings

8. Jesso says:

Jesso, Im really confused,who healed those people you prayed for?
    – No one did. I never said that they were healed, I said that I prayed for them to be healed. It didn’t happen.

– There was no relationship to have. I never heard anything. I made guesses.

If you met the God i knw, u would know He’s not wicked,
    – Anyone who goes around and exterminates the entire planet, calls for the murder of children and the rape of women, is wicked.

you wouldnt say that if you werent offended,
    – You seem to confuse offense and anger. I am angry that people like you pollute minds and give every one this holier-than-thou attitude. You come here and give us crap, but what would you do if I walked into your church and told you how ridiculous it is to worship an imaginary friend?

you wouldnt deface Gods character jus because you dnt believe in Him.
    – I have not defaced anything. I have read the bible. The bible says it all.

– How is he not? Isn’t he supposed to be the governing body?

what made you doubt that very 1st time,
    – Logic and seeing all the contradictions.

– I honestly never felt it. I did what I thought I was supposed to do. I thought something was wrong with me. I faked it.

– I feel better and freer now that I have come out and admitted being an atheist.

– Easy. He wasn’t there to begin with.

– Some people need that crutch. I don’t. I am good because I am a good person. Not because I fear what will happen to me if I don’t believe in god, live a good life, and ask for forgiveness every 20 seconds. You do know that less than 1% of our prison population is atheist, right?

– I am happy for you, but I look at it as a bunch of people who fight and even kill those who do not believe the way they do. I don’t mean physical fighting. I mean trying to take away rights and freedoms from those who do not believe the way they do.

– Good luck with that.

– Aren’t god and Jesus supposed to be the same person? Here is the first problem that I have with Christianity. You can’t even prove Jesus ever existed. And, no, the bible doesn’t count.