Arrgh!

Published September 19th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

happytlapd.jpg

51 Responses to “Arrgh!”

1. Ishmael says:

Yarrr, everyday be “talk like a Pirate day” when ye be a pirate! Yarrr!

Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale (religion); to the last I grapple with thee; from hell’s heart I stab at thee; for hate sake I spit my last breath at thee.

2. Mr Tom says:

Y’all be handing over that treasure me hearties, and I’ll be on my way to buy a wind farrrm. and some Solarrr panels.

3. Monkey the Sailor says:

YARR MATES!

SEPT 19 IS A NATIONAL HOLIDAY HERE, AND THE ARMY’S GLORY IS CELEBRATED…

wait… now I get it… ARMY = PIRATES (they killed, stealed and practically had adopted a “piracy” policy between 1973 and 1988…)

Maybe our Country’s Fathers had been touched by His noodlyness years ago…

RAmen

4. Zinc Alloy says:

You’ll all be pleased to know over here in England one of our radio stations, Smooth Radio, did indeed celebrate talk like a pirate day.

I got my 6year old son and 2 year old daughter to join in but alas, my good lady wife, being the landlubber that she is, was having none of it.

Next year I shall be better prepared and myself and the kids we’ll make a proper day of it.

5. Mike says:

People, people, how little ye know. We have all forgotten the patron saint of Talk like a Pirate Day, who was taken from us at the age of only 50 in 1956 and surely sits at the right hand (err apendage) of His Noodly Greatness. I refer of course to the saintly Robert Newton, who’s accent you have all been copying.

Now I want to test your knowledge by filling in the last words (that I can’t recall) of the rolling intro to the sacred 1955 TV series spin off from Disney’s Treasure Island, titled “The Adventures of Long John Silver”.

This is what I have:

“If sailors’ tales to sailors’ tunes, storm and adventure, heat and cold, and all the old romance retold, exactly as in ancient way, can please as me they pleased of old, the wiser youngsters of today, then so be it and ……”.

6. Spencer Klink says:

YEAAAAAAARRRGHHHHH!

then so be it and fall on.

7. Valvicus says:

Th’ employees at Arrgh!! Manufacturing Co, Inc. (http://arrgh.com/) get to talk like a pirate every day! I’ll be wagerin’ that if they’re caught not answerin’ th’ phone “Ar-rgh Manufacturin’! Ahoy, me hearty!”, they’ll be stung from th’ yar-r-rd-arm!

8. yo ho ho says:

Yo Ho Ho! Aarrgh and pass the rum. Privates day ye say? Lemme see!
    Oh, PIRATES? Hell, every day is pirates day.