I’m a bit confused

Published August 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’m a bit confused about this website, and maybe someone would kindly enlighten me… Why take so much trouble to try and dismantle fundamental Christianity if you all sincerely disbelieve it?

I wonder why this whole movement feels like they’re so threatened by Jesus if he’s not real.
-Cato

207 Responses to “I’m a bit confused”

1 4 5 6 7 8 26
  1. Em says:

you know what actually im confused now… im a cristian or use to be went to church every sunday said my prayers ect. ect. and yet when he teaches to be forgiving and not judgmental you seem to forget about this if these people which to belive in the fsm then let them why on earth come on to their website ot insult them and send them hate mail its ridiculous and upseting quite frankly, God wants people to come to him on their own terms whats to say he doesnt approve of this religion are you god? has he told you what he thinks NO so do not insult these people or their beliefs…. or you should not be able to call your self christain (an yes i egt that some people say its just people taking the piss out of christianity)

2. SandyHook says:

I would agree, you are a bit confused.

3. sosondowah says:

Jesus is cool.

It’s his followers that give me the creeps.

4. Scotty B says:

Its not that we’re threatened by Jesus, its more the fact that some Christian groups are trying to get their religions into our public schools via Intelligent Design (Creationism).

5. BlackBard says:

Jesus is not threatening. It’s the followers who go to any and all lengths to “convert” those who are not followers who are the threat. Haven’t you read some of the hate mail we receive? Maybe you should read some western history to get some perspective on how christians have treated non-believers (or anyone who does not see it exactly their way).

We Pastafarians do not threaten anyone. You are free to disbelieve. The FSM does not care if you believe in Him. You will not be damned for that. It seems to be a different story with Christians, however. So, who is threatening whom?

We don’t want to dismantle Christianity. We just don’t want it shoved down our throats or taught in our public schools.

RAmen

6. Jack says:

We aren’t threatened by Jesus, we are trying to show the world what the bible really is. A well written book, that’s it, no more, no less. It’s quite simple really.

7. Ark says:

Its not jesus were concerned with, hes cool. its the encroaching on scientific medium that compels us to dismantel your ill-belief in absolute fiction and coincidence. there NEEDS to be a seperation between religion and science. if there is not then we will all be to bedazzled at how “god” makes flowers grow rather then understand that plants are complex creatures able to create there own food, and reproduce. in my personal opinion, religion is for people to well..simplistic to think for themselves

8. Big Phat Joek says:

I can’t speak for everyone, but it isn’t Jesus that frightens me- it’s his followers.

1 4 5 6 7 8 26