I’m a bit confused

Published August 14th, 2008 by Bobby Henderson

I’m a bit confused about this website, and maybe someone would kindly enlighten me… Why take so much trouble to try and dismantle fundamental Christianity if you all sincerely disbelieve it?

I wonder why this whole movement feels like they’re so threatened by Jesus if he’s not real.
-Cato

207 Responses to “I’m a bit confused”

1. JC says:

I don’t feel threated by Jesus, he’s been crucufied and dead for 2000 years, just in case you didnt know already. I’m frightened by all you gullable twats that believe in things you can’t prove. Disprove the spaghetti monster. Bet you can’t

2. MaryElizabeth says:

TheFewTheProudTheMarinara said it best: “Do you believe in radical Islamism – the Wahabi sect that teaches hatred to nonbelievers and spawns terrorism? No? Then why would you want to dismantle it? Oh! Maybe because you think it’s HARMFUL. Like replacing science with bullshit.”

Jesus is not a threat. Christianity and Christians are.

3. J says:

haha I should feel threatened by jesus, because people are killing each other because their jesus is better than the next guys religion.

4. Douglas Myers–Turnbull says:

I think Cato is confused. Jesus was real. He died sometime around 1,972 years ago.

5. jono says:

becuase religon is a huge barrier to great things, look at how the dark ages halted scientific advancment almost altogether. Who knows we could be far more advanced than we are today. Considering how far we have come in the past 100 years, if we had of reached the industrial revolution even 50 years sooner (much less time than the dark ages cuase by the church) The world would be alot better off, and there would be alot less wars.

6. Alyson says:

I don’t feel threatened by Jesus. I feel threatened by his billion something followers would judge me for being different; for not believing in god, supporting a woman’s right to choose, or being gay.

7. snakeye says:

i’ve only been on this site for a short time, but i’m pretty certain the first mentioning of jesus was from people like you.

8. adam says:

you’re not cato. not at all. Cato was an amazing roman orator, and you gave a much repeated, cliched, easily defeated point.